KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Blu Ray wins?!

Blu Ray wins?!
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

But bigger is better and people are getting bigger sets becouse they take less space.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 09:08 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I think the Blu-ray camp see the format move in the same direction as the DVD movement during the late 90's.

Again, I'm skeptic that Blu-ray will eventually be norm in the coming years.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 10:11 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

AMEN

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 10:27 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
But bigger is better and people are getting bigger sets becouse they take less space.

Yes, I think I know what you mean, larger Projection or CRT monitors are way larger and heavier than larger plasma or LCD displays. I would go with the latter. Its also nice having a flat type tv mounted on the wall, that REALLY saves space, and looks wonderful.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 07:03 PM
sweersa is currently offline Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

The only problem with having it on the wall is where do you put your set top box and your HD player ?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 10:09 PM
crystallake
Slasher

If blue ray have won why are HD still bringing out movies ?? what will happen to movies which are allready out on HD ?

I think there were a few HD discs still in the pipeline; they're probably just working out the last of 'em now. I know that studios cancelled a lot of HD discs that hadn't gone to production yet; for example, I thought there was supposed to be an HD-DVD version of "Cloverfield", because Paramount was one of the studios backing HD-DVD the hardest, but now that Toshiba has pulled out - no HD-DVD release. Instead, we just get a crappy regular release and rumors of a Blu-ray version in a couple of months.

On the other hand, I've already gotta buy "Sweeney Todd" and "Alien vs. Predator: Requiem" in April; maybe it's not such a bad thing if I have to wait on "Cloverfield" for a little while! big grin

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 10:12 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

The only problem with having it on the wall is where do you put your set top box and your HD player ?

Good question, I usually see some sort of cabinet or stand under the display with such devices, or users can get creative by mounting such devices.

http://www.staffordshirehomecinema....MAGES/suki1.jpg

The above url shows some video source devices mounted on the wall.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 11:44 PM
sweersa is currently offline Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Lols looks silly to me

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 07:52 PM
sweersa

Lols looks silly to me

It does a tad, but it looks like it would be simpler to insert media. You wouldn't have to sit down or bend over.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 06:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Looks a bit messy.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 06:12 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by queeq
Looks a bit messy.

Maybe a little, I don't even seen any wires going to the display...maybe they were hidden before the picture, or am I missing something?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 10:54 AM
moviebuff1084

I don't see a point in paying the outrageous price. When DVD looks fine and if you don't have a HD-TV you can't even see a difference.
I mean i know they have more space and they don't scratch as easy.
But is that worth the price?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 03:18 AM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote