KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alien

Alien
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

I just love the fact that Alien, a great movie in itself, spawned an equally great movie of a completely different genre.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 06:55 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup, I agree. Cameron did an excellent job.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 10:07 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I like all three Alien movies, but I especially love the first one.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 11:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I like all 4 of the Alien movies but Aliens is by far my favorite. Just can't beat Hudson.

One of my favorite characters in all cinema.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 03:38 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

How can you like AR it sucked

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 06:02 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
How can you like AR it sucked

I'm a big Alien fan and I didn't think AR was anything special but I didn't think AR was a horrible movie.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 06:09 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It wasn't great either. Jeunet did a lot more interesting films, to me AR is also the worst film in his body of work.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 07:14 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i didnt think alien resurrection was complete crap, but i did hate what they did with ripley... turning her into this killing machine that could take down aliens by herself... for me the alien series was always about seeing things and experiencing them from ripley's point of view, feeling the tension and apprehension she felt... resurrection took that way, which i didnt like...

still better than avp imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 07:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh yes... but that's not really fair comparison.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 08:35 PM
coolmovies

The first two films are good becouse of the director's and the good cast and acting . Alien 3 and four are all down hill becouuse they try to copy Alien but they both failed .

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 08:53 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by queeq
Oh yes... but that's not really fair comparison.

cos avp was so bad? stick out tongue

The first two films are good becouse of the director's and the good cast and acting . Alien 3 and four are all down hill becouuse they try to copy Alien but they both failed .

i actually like 3... maybe they did try to go back to 1 in some sense, but after watching the extended cut, i quite liked it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 08:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

AVP was terrible.

Alien3 Director's Cut, that's the one to watch. No copying there. Fincher was the only one attempting to make a movie that was not primarily about the aliens. That was new, not copying. But that can only be seen in de DC.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 09:03 PM
coolmovies

I like Alien3 Director's Cut its a blood bath . I like it when the guy goes into the fan

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 09:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

AVP was terrible.

Alien3 Director's Cut, that's the one to watch. No copying there. Fincher was the only one attempting to make a movie that was not primarily about the aliens. That was new, not copying. But that can only be seen in de DC.

i agree they made it less about the alien, and when they did bring it in, they did mix in a bit of mythology too about how some would worship the creature, which i found interesting...

i think there is a little bit of copying on a very basic level, but not in a bad way whatsoever...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 09:12 PM
coolmovies

But even after 30 years the orignial is still a shocking movie . Did you know riddly wanted a man to be a leader of the crew but Sigourney Weaver got the role .

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 09:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

But even after 30 years the orignial is still a shocking movie . Did you know riddly wanted a man to be a leader of the crew but Sigourney Weaver got the role .

yeah... i also heard he wanted ripley to die at the end too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 10:24 PM
exanda kane

AVP was terrible.

Maybe it's high time I got myself a copy of Alien3 Director's Cut then. I like David Fincher's stuff, even if he is a tad overrated.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 12:54 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think you should. I alwasy thought Alien 3 sucked big time, major copy of Alien... until I saw this: the twenty minutes in the middle they cut out made all the difference.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 08:21 AM
coolmovies

But does the movie scare you ? no only alien can do that

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 09:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, the scary part was gone already. I mean the basic trick to the original is gone. I thought Fincher made a good attempt to focus on the impact such an alien intrusion has on the people. Especially after Cameron's action hour.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 10:48 PM