KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alien

Alien
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

yes there are rumours but they are not true

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:39 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

My favorite was "Aliens".

"Let go of her, you *****!"

Classic.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:53 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
yes there are rumours but they are not true

We can only hope.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 01:36 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

There is no point its gonna be crap . Unless they start the whole story again just like batman

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 09:20 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well... this is not a thing you can just start over I think. You'd even have to change the Alien...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 09:29 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

ya true best not make 5

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 09:39 PM
big gay kirk

I sneaked into our local cinema to see Alien when I was 10.... it was a lot easier in those days!! It messed me up quite bad, and gave me nightmares, which served me right!! but it was an excellent film...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:42 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I saw Alien again tonight and couldn't stop meself giggling at how wonderful it is. Where has Ridley Scott's creativity gone?? Screw American Gangster.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 01:28 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

There was plenty in Gladiator.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 02:04 PM
coolmovies

Any film made by sir Scott is outstanding you must agree ?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 06:45 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by exanda kane
I saw Alien again tonight and couldn't stop meself giggling at how wonderful it is. Where has Ridley Scott's creativity gone?? Screw American Gangster.

i have to disagree with you there, partner. I think Scott has become one of the finest refined craftsmen in his industry. His creativity is found in his ability to adapt his epic vision into a coherent and tight package. He has become quite a technical Director...,but not afraid to take risks. There are quite a few movies of his i dislike, but i still acknowledge them to be very well made movies. Why is it that you say he has lost his creativity? Dont you think brought a creative perspective to Black hawk down, matchstick men and kingdom of heaven?

Still not sure why Kingdom of heaven bombed. I thought the theatrical cut was aces and the Directors cut belongs in his master collection.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 10:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

KoH was not his best work, it looked awesome of course. But to me it fell short in the story. BHD is superb though.

Thing is... most Scott films get better the more you watch them. But, not all of them. AG was pretty good, ranks high up in the Best Scott Films list.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 12:52 PM
coolmovies

Hay queeq Alien 3 is on monday CH 4 11pm

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 06:41 PM
exanda kane

There was a reason why I didn't say "screw Gladiator" erm

Kingdom of Heaven and Black Hawk Down are a mixed bag but at least you can see his directorial mark on them, even if one is a stock historical epic and the other a showcase for Orlando Bloom and Josh Hartnett pretending to act.

Considering his artistic talents, of which I was reminded of when I watched Alien, I feel his work has deteriorated pretty badly if you take American Gangster (I haven't seen Good Year). It looked slick enough, but the grungy palette used just didn't help the film rise out of mediocrity, and in my eyes makes it look like a drab version of Blow (which is an incredibly awful film by the way).

This is the guy who made Blade Runner for christs sake! American Gangster? Just not cricket.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 01:15 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It's his first very sober looking film. I thought it was interesting, lots of focus on character and story.

First time I saw BHD I got lost in the commotion and identically looking soldiers. But seeing it again I found out that THAT was it's strength, taht's what war's all about: lots of nasty sh!t with soldiers that are numbers. There is no identity in an army, but when the sh!t hits the fan, there suddenly is. I thought that was clever and authentic Scott 'layering'.

But if you think AG sucks, don't even go near A Good Year. Just steer clear.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 08:06 AM
exanda kane

I didn't think it sucked admittedly, that was hyperbole on my behalf. It was a mediocre crime film, but its strengths were the good performances (Josh Brolin the best in my opinion)and a good pot of source material in there. It suffers from alot more, but I don't want to derail the topic completely.

But there were only a few moments in the entire film when I could have guessed I was watching a film by a director (supposedly) at the top of his game: the point of the film when Frank is having lunch with his brothers in the Harlem café, walks out and shoots a rival in the head, then walks back in. Credit to Denzel Washington too, but it didn't feel like a Ridley Scott moment.

Alien, on the other hand, is the nuts. Although I prefer Blade Runner.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 12:47 PM
queeq
Chaos

BR rules... I agree.. That is Scott at his best. I am a great Scott fan, but his best work is indeed Blade Runner, Thelma and Louise and Gladiator. The rest is still stunning, AG is getting used to because he refrains entirely from his signature slick look.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 02:46 PM
exanda kane

Yes, but in that sense, I think it definitely lacks something, perhaps you might disagree but I think it does. And it isn't even the fact that I am expecting a Ridley Scott film at all.

Instead, when I try and look at it simply as a film itself it feels drab and empty. If Ridley Scott was trying to attain to the level of Scorsese or DePalma or Coppola he failed. I think even Mike Newell got a better angle than what was seen in AG with Donnie Brasco. In American Gangster, there is no directorial imprint and the film suffers for it.

Hopefully Scott tries to pretend to be George Lucas in a few months and announces a Directors Cut that puts me thoughts to shame though. I would like to like American Gangster, but I don't.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 06:58 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by queeq
AVP2 is out and apparantly even worse than AVP. I don't even dare watch it, too painful as AVP1 was quite a terrible experience.

I agree with you totally.

AvP was horrible because they tried to tie it in with the original Alien movies. It would have been a better movie if they had stuck with the original Dark Horse story.

I haven't seen AvP:2 yet but I've heard it was awful, so I may just wait till it hits the movie channels.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 08:02 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I thought the first Alien movie was by far the best. It had that vibe, like The Thing, it was more of a horror movie than an action adventure film like the sequels.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 09:03 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote