KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 07:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 07:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Oh shi-!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 07:56 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I like to know how Hadley's Hope is still standing when the processing station exploded.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 08:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems some people are playing the demo, I guess Gearbox is pulling another Duke Forever only exclusive to special people

i hope what we see for the screenshots is also what we are going to see for the console versions.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 08:35 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I like to know how Hadley's Hope is still standing when the processing station exploded.

I wonder how the hell they will explain that considering the plant supposedly destroyed the entire planet, or at least section.

According to the movies.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 07:53 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 08:48 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
I wonder how the hell they will explain that considering the plant supposedly destroyed the entire planet, or at least section.

According to the movies.

I thought that he said it was a nuclear explosion the size of texas? damn, its been a while since i saw that movie...

Originally posted by Kazenji
New screenshots

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/new...ws.php?id=20525

nice. i'm gonna need a new pc for this >.<

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 03:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The explosion might of been the size of Texas, I'm not sure but Hadley's Hope was right beside the explosion. Maybe a 100 KM at most.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 06:41 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
The explosion might of been the size of Texas, I'm not sure but Hadley's Hope was right beside the explosion. Maybe a 100 KM at most.

Oh that, yeah. I was more speaking about the planet surviving.

Seems they really do have a lot of explaining to do... Though they might also explain why there are still aliens on the planet if the plant was wiped out. I know the space jokey ship still had eggs, but they need hosts etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 06:55 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, it will be interesting to see. I don't think they will be able to pull it off.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 08:37 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote:
The hands-off demo we saw started with our squad back on the planet and in the Hadley's Hope facility. "But wait, wasn't the complex destroyed in a nuclear blast at the end of Aliens?" you ask, quite astutely. Gearbox explained that a ground-based nuclear blast would leave a cone-shaped crater (that's why nuclear bombs are supposed to be detonated in mid-air), so it could have been possible for the sturdy complex and xenomorph hive to survive. Happy? No? Well, that's the premise, so get used to it.

Well that explains why the place is intact.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 09:14 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahahah......that's dumb.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 01:48 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Indeed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 02:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Theres also an Aliens game coming out on the DS

for that it has a century after the events of the Aliens film. Earth authorities have finally realised that Ripley's investigation on the colony of LV-426 has gone awry. A second team of armed marines get sent to the planet to investigate the and clean up the mess

its as if these two games are in a different timeline.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 09:33 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The Alien series is riddled with shit like that.

It's because the series was never meant to be a continuous story line. And as well, the series was a bread winner for Fox.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 02:38 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 26th, 2011 08:56 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Not sure if this has been posted.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 12:09 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Looks really generic.

The Alien atmosphere in itself isn't enough to sell me on this. I thought this game was supposed to be a squad based tactical shooter like Republic Commando?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 01:07 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Even though it's an early build of the game, it looks rather shit. The 4-player co-op sounds really fun, but it's not pleasing me tryin' to be an Aliens sequel. They're going about it all wring imo, though I'm too much of a die-hard Alien/s fan to not get this, it'll be late, late pick up when I can get it for twenty five bucks.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2011 03:00 AM