KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ellen Ripley 6 33.33%
Sarah Connor 12 66.67%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Sarah Connor. She's tougher, meaner, in better shape, and an all-around more badass. It also helps that she's actually been through combat training. Ripley just decided to become a hero and strap on some guns.

Besides, Terminators are alot more difficult to kill compared to Xenomorphs.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:09 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think this has been done, and FTW Sarah Connor.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:49 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe I'll be changing my answer to Sarah big grin

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:52 PM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

She went toe to toe with a terminator and won, epic pwnage. Sorry, Ripley.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:56 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Ripley ftw

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 11:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 11:28 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I find a Xenomorph to be more deadly than a Terminator. When you kill a Terminator, they don't go and squirt acid blood at you and they don't bite off your face or impregnate you with an alien that will burst through your chest. Not to mention that Xenomorphs are tough to kill because they move around a lot and are very agile. Terminators walk slow and are easy to pick off because they can't dodge gun fire.

Ripley wins this.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:10 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Merged.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 12:32 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I find a Xenomorph to be more deadly than a Terminator. When you kill a Terminator, they don't go and squirt acid blood at you and they don't bite off your face or impregnate you with an alien that will burst through your chest. Not to mention that Xenomorphs are tough to kill because they move around a lot and are very agile. Terminators walk slow and are easy to pick off because they can't dodge gun fire.

Ripley wins this.

And on the other side of the coin, a few bullets kills a xeno, whereas a Terminator can take a bullet to the face and keep on smiling, a pipe bomb, not to mention several rounds of gunfire. Pick your poison, I'll face a xeno anyday over a Terminator.

Sarah defeated the second terminator, the liquid dude, this alone puts her light years above Ripley. Not to mention pwning the first terminator.

Terminators shoot back too.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 02:32 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
And on the other side of the coin, a few bullets kills a xeno, whereas a Terminator can take a bullet to the face and keep on smiling, a pipe bomb, not to mention several rounds of gunfire. Pick your poison, I'll face a xeno anyday over a Terminator.

Sarah defeated the second terminator, the liquid dude, this alone puts her light years above Ripley. Not to mention pwning the first terminator.

You're missing the point. Shoot a Xeno and acid blood will come spraying out and if it hits you, you're screwed.

No she didn't. The Terminator (the good one) is the one who defeated the liquid dude by shooting a grenade at it. The explosion made the liquid terminator go flying in a pool of lava.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 02:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Ripley wins this.

Seconded

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 04:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're missing the point. Shoot a Xeno and acid blood will come spraying out and if it hits you, you're screwed.

No she didn't. The Terminator (the good one) is the one who defeated the liquid dude by shooting a grenade at it. The explosion made the liquid terminator go flying in a pool of lava.
So? A Terminator can SHOOT you from fifty feet away.

She held her own, if she had had only one more shotgun shell she would have pwned it. So let's say she has 1 1/2 terminator kills.

And she would rip Ripley a new vagina.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 04:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Although i've never actually seen Ripley fight anyone i think Sarah wins everytime. I still think Ripley is the better leader and i also think she'd be able to take down a Terminator. I'm not so sure that Sarah could take down a Xenomorph. Either way, Sarah tears Ripleys throat out.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ripley, a better leader? You do realize that Sarah trained John become the leader of the human resistance, right?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:21 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Ripley, a better leader? You do realize that Sarah trained John become the leader of the human resistance, right?

I realize that thats what Terminator 2 wanted us to believe but then they made Terminator 3 and 4. After which, we learned that all Sarah Conner did was tell John that he is going to be the savior of mankind one day. The rest, he learned on his own. I thought Ripley showed far better decision making under pressure.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I realize that thats what Terminator 2 wanted us to believe but then they made Terminator 3 and 4. After which, we learned that all Sarah Conner did was tell John that he is going to be the savior of mankind one day. The rest, he learned on his own. I thought Ripley showed far better decision making under pressure.
She prepared John for it, thats leadership training yo.

I would like to see Ripley escape from her hospital room like Sarah did.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx

She prepared John for it, thats leadership training yo.

I would like to see Ripley escape from her hospital room like Sarah did.

She didn't prepare John for squat. John was a scared little girl in Terminator 3. He just lived out a self fulfilling prophecy. It would have been nice to see the latter two movies follow the story-line that was set in Terminator 2 but unfortunately that wasn't the case and everything that Terminator 2 established was made irrelevant. I mean, we learn in, T4 that John really isn't that important at all lol

I don't know. I think Ripley could have escaped from her hospital room, considering the staff were oblivious idiots. All she did was make a lockpick. Ripley is incredibly intelligent, i'm sure she could have figured that out.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:37 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

She didn't prepare John for squat. John was a scared little girl in Terminator 3. He just lived out a self fulfilling prophecy. It would have been nice to see the latter two movies follow the story-line that was set in Terminator 2 but unfortunately that wasn't the case and everything that Terminator 2 established was made irrelevant. I mean, we learn in, T4 that John really isn't that important at all lol

I don't know. I think Ripley could have escaped from her hospital room, considering the staff were oblivious idiots. All she did was make a lockpick. Ripley is incredibly intelligent, i'm sure she could have figured that out.
Dude, Ripley is never shown doing anything like that, plus the fighting.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Dude, Ripley is never shown doing anything like that, plus the fighting.

So, she can pilot spaceships and military vehicles and kill intergalactic Aliens but she can't figure out how to straighten a paper clip? laughing out loud

i'm just fookin with you now wink

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:48 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, she can pilot spaceships and military vehicles and kill intergalactic Aliens but she can't figure out how to straighten a paper clip? laughing out loud

i'm just fookin with you now wink
The impressive part was what she did AFTER the paperclip.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:54 AM