KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Ellen Ripley 6 33.33%
Sarah Connor 12 66.67%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ellen Ripley vs. Sarah Connor
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sarah Connor would've gotten screwed if a Terminator didn't help her out against the liquid one so I don't call her a badass, I call her the woman with a badass robot. Sarah has mostly ran from Terminators and only got lucky she destroyed one just by luring it underneath a crusher or whatever the heck you call it.

Ripley fought Xenomorphs head on and even fought an Alien Queen which is the strongest and most deadliest Xenomorph of its kind.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 07:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ripley fought the xenos in one movie for like five minutes, that's her claim to badassery. She had a few minutes of weapons training, whereas Connor has years. Better trained=More badass.

Connor fought and destroyed terminators, evaded police, was captured, escaped, and had the T2 beat. She kicked ass for years, whereas Ripley kicked ass for one damn movie, for a few minutes.

AND Connor held on with leukemia for two years making sure judgement day didnt come.

If they go at it gun to gun or h2h, Ripley is gonna get pwned.

BTW, Ripley didnt fight the alien queen head on, the loader did, Ripley was a good loader operator, thats all.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Aug 31st, 2009 at 08:57 AM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 08:52 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
The impressive part was what she did AFTER the paperclip.

Yeah, well i would like to see Sarah Conner escape and defeat the Alien the way Ripley did in the end of Alien. Upon their first encounters Ripley was more in control collected. Ripley didn't lose her shit like Conner did against the Terminator. Ripley took control and killed the Xenomorph...,Sarah got extremely lucky.

Weapons training is irrelevant when it comes to leadership, besides, it's not hard to point and shoot a gun stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:10 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

BTW, Ripley didnt fight the alien queen head on, the loader did, Ripley was a good loader operator, thats all.

By that logic, Conner never fought a Terminator head on. She was simply a good at pulling the trigger of a grenade launcher

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:11 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, well i would like to see Sarah Conner escape and defeat the Alien the way Ripley did in the end of Alien. Upon their first encounters Ripley was more in control collected. Ripley didn't lose her shit like Conner did against the Terminator. Ripley took control and killed the Xenomorph...,Sarah got extremely lucky.

Weapons training is irrelevant when it comes to leadership, besides, it's not hard to point and shoot a gun stick out tongue
You give Sarah that gun Ripley had, and put John in Newt's place, and she pwns just as hard.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:31 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
By that logic, Conner never fought a Terminator head on. She was simply a good at pulling the trigger of a grenade launcher
No, what I mean is Ripley was protected the entire time by the frame of the loader.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:32 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Ripley has taken on hordes of the Xenomorphs. She has shown bravery, tact, and charisma in the face of terror. Her only wish is to go back home to Earth and live a normal life, but, unfortunately, Fate has a different plan for her. She will never stop battling the aliens.

Sarah Connor is a woman with one goal on her mind, and she is willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal: to stop the Machines from taking over the Earth on Judgment Day. She has battled with terrifying cyborgs, the Terminators, from the distant future and prevailed, but with great loss.

This is a one-on-one fisticuff match. No gloves, no weapons, no rules. Which of these two badasses will knock each other out by using their battle skills and anger?

OP says nothing of leadership anyway, it's a h2h battle. Ripley has zero h2h skills, Connor has h2h out the yazoo.

Connor FTW in a stomp.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 01:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx

You give Sarah that gun Ripley had, and put John in Newt's place, and she pwns just as hard.

I meant the end of the first Alien but yeah, i agree. If Sarah has an M41-A pulse rifle she is definitely dropping some Xenomorphs.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 07:53 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

What did Ripley really do at the end of the first Alien? Didnt impress me much.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 07:54 PM
jinXed by JaNx

No, what I mean is Ripley was protected the entire time by the frame of the loader.

Fair enough, i can get behind that but it required major skill, strength and quick thinking on Ripleys part to kill the Queen.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 07:54 PM
jinXed by JaNx

What did Ripley really do at the end of the first Alien? Didnt impress me much.

hid in a space suit laughing

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 07:55 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly. Hid in a space suit.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 08:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah but she did it whilst wearing a thong yes and hey, she eventually pressed the air lock button

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 08:14 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, she pressed a button? WELL that changes everything roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 08:20 PM