KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spiderman's greatest enemy

Who is the best spidey villain
This poll is closed.
Venom 15 41.67%
Green Goblin 15 41.67%
Dock Ock 3 8.33%
Hobgoblin 0 0%
Morlun 2 5.56%
Mysterio 0 0%
Kraven 0 0%
Shocker 1 2.78%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spiderman's greatest enemy
Started by: harri

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Wow that is pretty badass, is that when he gets killed off?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 10:03 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Wow that is pretty badass, is that when he gets killed off?

No. That's when Spider-Man yells at Mary Jane after realizing that Harry has completely boxed him in. No matter where he went, what he did, or what he said, Harry was there on his Glider reminding him that he new everything there was to know about Peter.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 10:16 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Ahh yes I remember that, there were some great tales back in the old days, shame it all went downhill turn of the new millennium.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 10:17 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Toku King
Green Goblin, no contest. At all. Nobody has scarred, beaten, mentally broken, and hurt Peter as much as Norman has. He's killed Gwen Stacey, killed Ben Reilly, "killed" Aunt May, made numerous other Goblins, almost destroyed New York City more times than I can count, corrupted Harry Osborn, crippled Flash Thompson, destroyed the Daily Bugle, and even beaten and carried Peter's unconcious(sp?) body to the underworld, where Spider-Man laid helpless and a broken man. And I haven't even listed one decade of his damage, let alone the fact that he's been kicking about for at least 25-30 years.

Venom's terrifying, Dr. Octopus is dangerous, and Green Goblin II is insane, but nobody has ruined Pete from the inside out quite like Norman.

I agree. Even if Spidey isn't afraid of goblin, he is sure as hell afraid of what goblin is capable of. Goblin wins no contest.

It doesn't matter if Spidey is afraid of Venom. I'm sure people in horror movies are afraid of whatever it is thats after them, but they face it regardless. You can aply the same purpose to Venom.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:34 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I guess since Goblin killed Gwen...Spider-Man sees that he could do anything he wants to him.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:36 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

He didn't "run away". He was trying to stay away from Venom until he knew how to win.
And how was I being anything BUT civil? Heck, in that post, you sound ruder than I ever was.

Actually Spiderman IS affraid of Venom and he did run away. He faked his own death and left Venom on some deserted island. He left because he was affraid of Venom, he admitted it himself.

As for the greatest enemy, it really is Green Goblin, because while Venom simply wants to kill Peter, Goblin wants to ruin Pete's life.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 08:44 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Sam Z
Actually Spiderman IS affraid of Venom and he did run away. He faked his own death and left Venom on some deserted island. He left because he was affraid of Venom, he admitted it himself.

Exactly what I said...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 08:45 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Exactly what I said...

But much more polite, and gave me an example.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:28 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

As for the greatest enemy, it really is Green Goblin, because while Venom simply wants to kill Peter, Goblin wants to ruin Pete's life.

I remember in an issue of ASM(forgot issue #), when Norman revealed himself to Spider-Man as alive, Pete cried, and had personal issues with fighting GG again. Eventually, they fought again, and Spider-Man won after a hard beating.

And who can forget GG dropping a building on Spider-Man?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 12:30 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

But much more polite, and gave me an example.

Not really you were the one being rude to begin with.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:09 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Not really you were the one being rude to begin with.

And it's posts like that that don't allow me to take you seriously.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:56 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember in an issue of ASM(forgot issue #), when Norman revealed himself to Spider-Man as alive, Pete cried, and had personal issues with fighting GG again. Eventually, they fought again, and Spider-Man won after a hard beating.

And who can forget GG dropping a building on Spider-Man?

Yeah, I remember that scene, but Pete cried not because he was affrad of Goblin, he cried because the guy just doesn't stay dead and always keeps haunting him, bringing all the bad memories with him. To tell the truth Norman never possesed a threat to parker as a fighting opponent. Spider was always stronger and faster, but most of the time he holds back even with supervillains. But unlike Brock, Osborn doesn't have any moral code, that's why he's so dangerous.
As for Venom, Peter sees him as his own dark side. He feels responsable for everything Venom does, that's what makes him even a greater enemy.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:19 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yeah, I remember that scene, but Pete cried not because he was affrad of Goblin, he cried because the guy just doesn't stay dead and always keeps haunting him, bringing all the bad memories with him. To tell the truth Norman never possesed a threat to parker as a fighting opponent. Spider was always stronger and faster, but most of the time he holds back even with supervillains. But unlike Brock, Osborn doesn't have any moral code, that's why he's so dangerous.
As for Venom, Peter sees him as his own dark side. He feels responsable for everything Venom does, that's what makes him even a greater enemy.

Spider-Man created venom, he never created GG or Ock, so I guess he feels he has a responsibility when it comes to Venom.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:24 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spider-Man created venom, he never created GG or Ock, so I guess he feels he has a responsibility when it comes to Venom.

Not to mention that Venom is the only spider's enemy that can't be detected by spider sense. I know, there are other symbiotes but Venom's the only symbiote who knows Parker's secret id so he could come out of nowhere.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:35 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Oh yes; he's not afraid to get Peter's family involved.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:37 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, according to his own code, they're not "innocent".big grin

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 08:30 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Yeah, according to his own code, they're not "innocent".big grin

Actually, they are to him. That's why Eddie never harmed MJ or Aunt May. He scares Peter with the idea, but he's never planned to.
The only time he truly, truly thought about it was when Aunt May was on her death bed in the next room.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:28 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Later on he became more lethal to them, in the beginning no he did not.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:42 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, they are to him. That's why Eddie never harmed MJ or Aunt May. He scares Peter with the idea, but he's never planned to.
The only time he truly, truly thought about it was when Aunt May was on her death bed in the next room.

Later on he became more lethal to them, in the beginning no he did not.

I remember an issue where Venom kidnapped Peter's "parents" (i think they were clones or something whateva) and he was planning to kill them because they gave birth to the "evil" but later changed his mind when he found out that they don't know that Peter is Spiderman.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:51 PM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Re: Spiderman's greatest enemy

Originally posted by harri
who do u think

It's between Venom and Green Goblin.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:40 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote