KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:03 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:49 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:55 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:56 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:02 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:57 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

This is for everybody, especially to the people who's posts I edited. This match isn't over. Please give them a chance to put forward their plans and let Tony Stark and Zeitgeist debate. I posted a friendly reminder earlier. Warnings will be given out next. Thank you.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:10 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Your team ain't shit Zeitgeist. FTR that was just my opening statement to familiarize everyone with my thought process and to refresh them on The Doominators flat out PIMPNESS. I will be back on in a couple hrs to go medieval on you and your lame teams ass. Family comes first.

wink

Attachment: 108479-iron-man_400.jpg
This has been downloaded 93 time(s).

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:23 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
This is for everybody, especially to the people who's posts I edited. This match isn't over. Please give them a chance to put forward their plans and let Tony Stark and Zeitgeist debate. I posted a friendly reminder earlier. Warnings will be given out next. Thank you.

Just clarifying, aren't users allowed to vote at any time during the match and after. I didn't read the rules...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:25 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Your team ain't shit Zeitgeist. FTR that was just my opening statement to familiarize everyone with my thought process and to refresh them on The Doominators flat out PIMPNESS. I will be back on in a couple hrs to go medieval on you and your lame teams ass. Family comes first.

wink
All right.

Should I make an excuse to go do an actual write-up too?

Frankly, I mean, I could, suppose, you know, be wrong, but, frankly... I don't think I need to.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye
Just clarifying, aren't users allowed to vote at any time during the match and after. I didn't read the rules...
Voting happens after the match is over.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:27 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

No, it can happen at any time.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:28 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

roger. I mean geoffrey...I mean...

gotcha

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:28 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye

EDIT: Hold on a sec.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:29 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

So hey, I need to vote right now... the time for voting is simply not a time I am available. Something needs to be done. I'm going to post early, there's obviously not going to be any meaningful debate.

Vote: Tony Stark

Zeitgeist simply never put together a coherent plan, it's clear he put no effort at all into this. "We outlast the opponent" simply does not work, Gladiator can drop a mountain on them or something... it isn't the win-all strategy Zeit thinks it is. Possession and mind entering is mind control, and isn't allowed without purchase. This just plain was not a good match. Tony put effort into it at least and has a good battle plan.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:31 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Ugh.

In order for a mountain dropping to work, the characters have to be immobilized.

Phasers, characters existing partially on the astral plane, a math equation... aren't immobilized by that.

And, Deadman taking over a body doesn't control the mind. It's the only thing that isn't controlled. Deadman doesn't attack the mind to control the body. He controls the body, and the mind is shut out. So that's not mind control.

Drtzky entering someone's mind isn't mind control. He's not controlling it. He's just attacking it. It's no more mind control than a Psi-blast is.

He CANNOT immobilize me, because he didn't prep.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:37 AM
Smurph
------

Furthermore, dropping mountains on people is not in character for Doom or Gladiator.

Together they're so cocky they'll easily go for a brawl. And Loa can still take them out herself... as can Deadman, Drtzky, Shadow King, etc.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 05:41 AM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Question did anyone see anything in my opening statement that said anything about a strategy? Hmmmm... Me neither. It was like I said a refresher to the characters and a direction of the amalgam.

Now Z/SS let's let Doom go down on you.

As we all know The Doominator is "THE" Pimp of Prep... Prepping at Light Speed will do that for a fella... For the first 2 hrs of his 36 hrs for Prep The Doominator will be dealing with the Tech part of his Prep he will be creating at LS these specific things Combat Doom bots http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom's_devices and Warrior bots http://en.marveldatabase.com/Warrior_Robot after decades of creating and upgrading and adding on to and so on; Doominator can make these things in his sleep and at LS they are completed quite quickly. Doominator just has to make the heads for the bots and they can put themselves together the rest of the way in just minutes to be completed.

He makes 10 of each of the bots heads (Combat and Warrior). They create themselves and then help Doominator out with his continued Prep. Next Doominator moves to creating a device that emits a signal that breaks up and solidifies the molecules of both Shadow King's and Deadman's bodies so they are unable to go intangible (Deadman) or into astral form (Shadow King). And Doominator then installs it into the interior of his suit.

He then upgrades his TP blockers built into his armor just in case... they have worked in the past in blocking Prof X and many other high lvl TP users but, why not tweak them a bit. Next Doominator and his bots create some "special" necklaces. Doominator allows his bots to finish with any remaining Tech Prep that is needed but, for the most part Doominator is done with his Tech Prep.

Doominator next starts to relax and he then starts to speak of some sort of incantations from his "Dark Arts" teachings. And Doominator is soon to see some sort of smoke and smells the effects of a sulfur like smell and then sees the shadows of three figures... Three figures Doominator knows quite well. The Hazareth Three http://en.marveldatabase.com/Hazareth_Three.

The Doominator brings the three up to date with what is going on; his amalgamation (about the additional powers that he now has) with this tournament and tells them that if they grant him all of their powers to him to use at his free will during the competition that for every character that he kills he will don upon them one of his "special" necklaces to capture their souls and that they would then be owners of those many, many super souls. And after the competition is completed and they have received all of the souls from every opponent that he has slain that they will receive all of their given powers back.

The Three looked at the list of the potential opponents and at what The Doominator is capable of now and then after if they were to give him their combined powers and what they could all gain by all of those super souls to torment throughout time. There was a unison of cackling and howlings, and then they all agreed to give Doominator all of their combined powers to help cement his victory. The Doominator starts to feel all of the three's combined "Dark" powers coarse through his body. And he now knows that he's ready for the battle that is now ahead of him. Doominator now himself turns his armor into the vaunted mystical armor similar, to the last time he wore them but, now 3X as powerful. It is agreed by all parties that Doominator will be given their combined powers at the begining of each round during his Prep time.

The Doominator is now ready for battle, He now has 10 Combat Doom bots and 10 Warrior bots to go into battle each bot is designated towards specific goals and characters.

Combat bots to attack (kill or subdue) Shadow king, Loa, Mr. Immortal and Mystique.

Warrior bots to attack (kill or subdue) Deadman, Doorman

Dkrtzy RRR is just an mathematical equation and needs to be shown to actually be able to do something legit on panel. We'll see.

All bots are under the control of Doominator per his armor and his will's of thought for direction.

The 15 minutes Battlefeild Prep is used to check all sensors and bots, along with any and all workings of his armor (infrared operational) which all is done withing seconds. And for the rest of the 14+ minutes Doominator is chanting and conjuring up a spell comonly known as "The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak"

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/cyttor.htm

Doominator speaks:

"Seven rings has Raggadorr --
indigo to deepest black --
but Oshtur grant me something more --
crimson Bands of Cyttorak! "

Doominator has asked to the bands to see all that is and is not there and to grasp upon it all and hold at upon his time and at his calling.

The Doominator is flying at about 1 mile in the air and can see his combatents about 3 miles away with his extended vision capabilities per his suit.

He sends his bots towards their marks from the start. While he himself scans and carefully flies around at near LS at 1/10000th of a femtosecond bursts. Doominators Mystical armor along with one of the best Technoforce feilds in either MARVEL or DC allows him to fly or move at full speed without issue.

Go!

Last edited by Tony Stark on Mar 4th, 2008 at 07:00 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 06:53 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

HOLD IT!!!

the Hazareth 3 is outside help and illegal. There's no ****ing way that's legal.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:02 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
HOLD IT!!!

the Hazareth 3 is outside help and illegal. There's no ****ing way that's legal.

This thread is not for spectators. Leave it to the competitors.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:05 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Breaking this down:

Solidify Deadman's body? WTF? Deadman doesn't have a body to solidify... he's a friggin spirit, that can also be invisible, so the Doombots couldn't detect him.

Attack the Shadow King with Doombots? WTF? Again, there is no molecules to an atral form... you can't solidify it. It's simply a projection.

And there are few people that have shown Shadow King's control and dominance over astral form and plane.

And Shadow King is currently possessing someone.

And it's friggin Doom Bots. Loa walks through them.

You didn't even address how you were going to counter Loa or Mystique's phasing.

Now, as for the armor.... there's no proof that it could stand the forces of friction, wind resistance, etc. (not to mention that it could go faster than lightspeed without turning into energy). And you have stated he'll be doing that, and much, much more. So, the armor would be atomized. Now he has no defenses to anything, and no control of his Doom bots.

When has Gladiator ever done meticulous details like building something while working at lightspeed? Anything even approaching that? While Doom has to recall every little detail, and invent on the fly. Things that everybody in DC can't handle, Doom is going to, while blowing apart every machine because Gladiator can't even make hairpin turns at lightspeed, much less construct something, and mcuh less your claimed 10 Billion x Lightspeed.

He destroys his whole lab, and armor, when he tries to move.

Now, as for the 3... Doom has to sacrifice the skin of someone he loves to call upon them. They require their caller to suffer, not just be powerful.

And, that's outside help, and characters you didn't draft, and you didn't draft Power Up. So, so much for that plan. You can't call them, and even if you did, they would probably wipe the floor with you, and even if they didn't, you're not allowed to recieve the boost.

Moving on...

You didn't even address the most powerful member of my team, the Green Lantern, that can freely enter peoples minds to erase them. AMong everything else that Green Lanterns can do.

Good cover.

Finally, using the crimson bands, calling on other people, and building Doombots is not within Doom's personality when he's so cocky to believe he could take them with his armor alone. Even more so when he has this super powerful body that you've boasted about- Doom wouldn't sit back at cast bolts. He would take it to them. Only to find out his plan failed, because Tony Stark was in control.

Nice debate. Srsly.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:17 AM
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Vote: Zeitgeist

Read TS' plan and went

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 07:26 AM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote