KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Tony Stark vs SmurphSmash!
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
I'm going to abstain, both strategies turned me off from voting and bolster outlandish claims about one another, really.

I prefer that you still vote rather than abstain. If you don't believe either strategy is viable that both posted and it is keeping you from posting, then base it off solely off team choices only then.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 4th, 2008 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 08:21 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Tony Stark- You didn't do a good job of properly presenting your case. Everything you needed to win this match is just sitting there in Dr. Doom's respect thread(I know because I posted a lot of it there myself), but despite the abundance of proof available on Doom's abilities not a single scan was brought forth to back up your arguments. Even if I were willing to overlook the whole fiasko with the opening post, the period of time between your opening post and your prep post would've translated into indecisiveness after monologuing on the part of your amalgam at the outset of battle which would've given Smurph's team an advantage right out of the gate. Next time you really need to do research on your opponents characters as well as your own if you want your prep to really be effective.

Smurph- You got lazy and that's a bad thing. I know you well enough to know that you weren't really trying this match, but it was still entirely to far below your usual performance for my taste. Your getting my vote to win, but it's only because Tony's case bombed even more than you did. If he'd shown even a single scan of Doom bringing down an intangible being(and I know such scans exist), I'd have been forced to vote for him so you really need to bring your arguments up a notch before next round

So my vote's for Smurph(by a hair)...

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 4th, 2008 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 08:55 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

that to was my reasoning for stark "not winning"

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:02 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Votes closed eight minutes ago.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:08 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akuki
KMC ELITE - CABLE

Originally posted by Akuki
I think I'm going to have to vote for Tony Stark here. Given Dr. Doom's history of resistance to mind affects, and the fact that Dkrtzy has never appeared on panel which would show or explain the extent of his power, I simply don't think that the mind wipe strategy is as viable as Smurph suggests. Given the strength of his amalgam and doom's mystical skill it does appear as if it will be possible for TS to at least eventually take down Smurph.

Upon reading some of the later arguments I'd have to change my vote over to Smurph. Some of TS's later arguments just struck me as very poorly reasoned.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:09 PM
Akuki is currently offline Click here to Send Akuki a Private Message Find more posts by Akuki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Voting Closed at 3:00PM CST

One moment for tallying up votes.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:10 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Votes for Smurph: 14
Creshosk
xmarksthespot
Devil Lance
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
DigiMark007
ExodusCloak
Soljer
guy222
psycho gundam
TricksterPriest
Charlotte DeBel
Mr. Slippyfist
darthgoober

Votes for Tony Stark: 3
King Kandy
id369
Akuki

Smurph wins on a 14 to 3 Vote.

Tony Stark loses his first (two out three) match for this tournament. But Tony Stark is still in this tournament.

Final thoughts on Match: While Tony Stark had the potential to win, some posters didn't take too kindly to him posting his strategy late, and didn't like the monologuing he did in the opening. However, I think we should have been patient with Tony Stark due to his family issues he needed to take care, and given him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of spying. Because quite honestly, I doubt he could have garnered anything significant from Smurph's couple sentence write-up.

However, Tony is not out of the tournament just yet and has a chance to learn from any mistakes he may have made and "bring it" to his second opponent.

Smurph you could have performed a lot better and this match is really below your average, and you could have easily had a rock solid performance. I sincerely hope more effort is put forth by you in your next matches, because the kind of effort you displayed for this match will not carry you through the tournament.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 4th, 2008 at 09:26 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:18 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

edit

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:41 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Evangel94
However, I think we should have been patient with Tony Stark due to his family issues he needed to take care, and given him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of spying. Because quite honestly, I doubt he could have garnered anything significant from Smurph's couple sentence write-up.

Fair enough, but it still shouldn't be allowed, merely because he obviously wrote a writeup-length post at the beginning of the match, and then debated a bunch, but waited for prep stuff until hours into the match.

I realize we're posting our own writeups, but that's a tactic that needs to be nipped in the butt. I can empathize with real-life responsibilities, but that clearly wasn't what was going on here, and if it becomes the norm then I spent 5 points for nothing, and we'll have people holding back writeups for a couple hours to gain an advantage.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 09:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fair enough, but it still shouldn't be allowed, merely because he obviously wrote a writeup-length post at the beginning of the match, and then debated a bunch, but waited for prep stuff until hours into the match.

I realize we're posting our own writeups, but that's a tactic that needs to be nipped in the butt. I can empathize with real-life responsibilities, but that clearly wasn't what was going on here, and if it becomes the norm then I spent 5 points for nothing, and we'll have people holding back writeups for a couple hours to gain an advantage.

Bud.

Nipped in the bud.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:37 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Well his introductory post was just that, introducing the character. As to debating much? He didn't debate at all. He said one thing before coming back hours later.

quote:
Your team ain't shit Zeitgeist. FTR that was just my opening statement to familiarize everyone with my thought process and to refresh them on The Doominators flat out PIMPNESS. I will be back on in a couple hrs to go medieval on you and your lame teams ass. Family comes first.

Its unfortunate that happened, but quite honestly holding back your write-up can only hurt you. And that was reflected in the votes. I think this situation is unique, but if I see a trend of people waiting, then I will do something about it.

As to your spying that you bought, that ability legitimizes anything you have to say about countering your opponents strategy in your write-up. Your team should already be aware of your opponents strategy before the match even begins or before your opponent even posts their strategy, not after. You can go in depth on how your team will counter your opponent once the match begins and they posts their strategy. It works out for you either way.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 4th, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:42 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool. Thanks Evangel.

Originally posted by Soljer
Bud.

Nipped in the bud.

embarrasment

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:56 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

why did any one vote for tony?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:50 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Evangel94
Votes for Smurph: 14
Creshosk
xmarksthespot
Devil Lance
Blair Wind
Symmetric Chaos
DigiMark007
ExodusCloak
Soljer
guy222
psycho gundam
TricksterPriest
Charlotte DeBel
Mr. Slippyfist
darthgoober

Votes for Tony Stark: 3
King Kandy
id369
Akuki

Smurph wins on a 14 to 3 Vote.

Tony Stark loses his first (two out three) match for this tournament. But Tony Stark is still in this tournament.

Final thoughts on Match: While Tony Stark had the potential to win, some posters didn't take too kindly to him posting his strategy late, and didn't like the monologuing he did in the opening. However, I think we should have been patient with Tony Stark due to his family issues he needed to take care, and given him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of spying. Because quite honestly, I doubt he could have garnered anything significant from Smurph's couple sentence write-up.

However, Tony is not out of the tournament just yet and has a chance to learn from any mistakes he may have made and "bring it" to his second opponent.

Smurph you could have performed a lot better and this match is really below your average, and you could have easily had a rock solid performance. I sincerely hope more effort is put forth by you in your next matches, because the kind of effort you displayed for this match will not carry you through the tournament.

-Evangel94

Originally posted by Raoul
vote for zeitgeist/smurph.

not that its that much of an issue or anything, but if the vote had been close, etc...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 09:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Why is this match still pined up?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:24 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Battlehammer
why did any one vote for tony?

Kandy voted for Tony because they're butt buddies and both have something against Smurph.

Akuki changed her vote.

And Id...well...I can only assume it was strategy - try to get the real competition out of the matches early and have an easier foe in Tony Stark later.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:49 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Kandy voted for Tony because they're butt buddies and both have something against Smurph.

Akuki changed her vote.

And Id...well...I can only assume it was strategy - try to get the real competition out of the matches early and have an easier foe in Tony Stark later.

That explains it, I mean tony did not have a single way of defeating smurph characters.

Also his character would have been rather easy to miind rape.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 09:59 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I have a question, are Pri Crisis feats allowed?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:11 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I hope not, the arguing will never end

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:12 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Akuki changed her vote.

If anyone has any general advice for the participants to help them improve, then you are free to post in this thread. However, leave any negative comments out of the tournament, and keep any questions to the discussion thread.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:14 PM