KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indiana Jones Special Edition DVD's

Indiana Jones Special Edition DVD's
Started by: Stun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Indiana Jones Special Edition DVD's

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stun
According to the American Film Institute, he's the greatest action-adventure hero of all time -- and his unforgettable exploits can be relished by fans old and new as never before when all three Indiana Jones movies debut as individual Special Edition DVDs and in an all-new box set on May 13.

Released by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Special Edition DVDs boast all-new, exclusive bonus features that dig deeper into the making of these cinematic milestones than ever before. All three were originally restored and remastered in 2003. Created with fans of all ages in mind, the bonus features provide never-before-seen explorations of the making of these classic movies and showcase the characters, action and extraordinary visual effects that have made the movies indelible cinematic treasures.

Each film makes its DVD debut just days before the highly anticipated return of the "Man in the Hat" in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

"An entire generation of movie lovers will get to see these classic films in a digital format that makes them even more amazing than when they were first in theaters," said Howard Roffman, Vice President of Lucasfilm Ltd. "These new, individual DVDs are a fantastic way to introduce young audiences to the unforgettable, action-packed adventures of the most daring archaeologist in the world."

Directed by Steven Spielberg from stories by executive producer George Lucas, the three Indiana Jones movies earned six Academy Awards® and nearly $1.2 billion worldwide. From the groundbreaking excitement of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) to the sinister mysteries of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) and the father-son adventure of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989), the heroic Dr. Jones continues to delight audiences with his thrilling on-screen exploits.

Previously available only in a trilogy box set, the three films of The Adventures of Indiana Jones were newly restored and remastered to deliver an exceptional viewing experience to existing enthusiasts and a whole new generation of fans. All-new bonus content delves into the making of the legendary series as the filmmakers and cast look back and a new world of adventure opens up with Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and others offering hints about what to expect in the newest installment.

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

Raiders of the Lost Ark: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas
Indiana Jones: An Appreciation -- The cast and crew of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull pay tribute to the original trilogy.

The Melting Face -- A recreation of the amazing physical effect of the villain's melting face in Raiders of the Lost Ark, including Steven Spielberg and George Lucas commenting on the evolution of visual effects and CGI.

Storyboard Sequence -- The Well of Souls

Galleries

Illustrations & Props

Production Photographs & Portraits

Effects/ILM

Marketing

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures Game Demo and Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas

Creepy Crawlies -- Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Frank Marshall reminisce about snakes, bugs and rats and hint about what 'creepy crawlies' to expect in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, including an interview with a snake wrangler.

Locations--Travel across the world to discover where the films take place and where they were shot.

Storyboard Sequence -- The Mine Cart Chase

Galleries

Illustrations & Props

Effects/ILM

Marketing

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Special Edition DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround, French 2.0 Surround and Spanish 2.0 Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the following special features:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: An Introduction by Steven Spielberg & George Lucas

The Women: The American Film Institute Tribute -- The three Indiana Jones women (Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody) reunite for a discussion.

Friends and Enemies -- Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Indiana Jones writers discuss how they created the most iconic characters in film history, including a look at new faces in <I.

Storyboard Sequence--The Opening Sequence

Galleries

Illustrations & Props

Effects/ILM

Marketing

great, i'm gonna have to sell my boxset now!stick out tongue

Last edited by Stun on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:39 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Argh. You got here first with the news.

Link for anyone: http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

And I "suppose I'll have to get them."

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:59 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Venom
No ticket!!!!!

Nice, would have loved audio commentary on the films

http://www.youtube.com/user/optimuspriime02

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:46 PM
Darth Venom is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Am I to understand from this that there will be no DTS....?

sad

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 06:38 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Venom
No ticket!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/optimuspriime02

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:13 PM
Darth Venom is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

So what's so different from the previous box set?? It seems there very little really additional except from some small features. Most of the topics seem to be addressed in de long Making of... doc on the previous box set...

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:16 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Darth Venom
Nice, would have loved audio commentary on the films

Spielberg doesn't do audio commentary - I think he believes it distracts from the viewing pleasure, and he wants people in the moment of watching. He makes up for it with extensive interviews in the special features section; his storytelling skills are great. Lucas doesn't mind doing commentary, but since he's not the director he'd respect Spielberg's wishes.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

There really doesn't seem to be alot of difference between these and the original DVD release (which was fantastic by the way), but who knows, might be worth a spin.

And I do agree there roughrider, even if you are noting his storytelling in the film medium (which I don't think you are, but best make sure), the guy has a great way of telling tales in an interview. Honestly, if I was to have a pick of any director I would want to have an in depth conversation with, Spielberg would be right near the top, if not the top.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:19 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

hell, i'd love that opportunitywink

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:24 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You'd be listening a lot. Spielberg strikes me more as a talker than a listener. Hehehe

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 10:40 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Fine by me.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 09:33 AM
coolmovies

Should have been out on HD

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 01:57 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Maybe it will be that as well.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 09:35 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by roughrider
Spielberg doesn't do audio commentary - I think he believes it distracts from the viewing pleasure, and he wants people in the moment of watching. He makes up for it with extensive interviews in the special features section; his storytelling skills are great. Lucas doesn't mind doing commentary, but since he's not the director he'd respect Spielberg's wishes.

Thats bullshit from Speilberg.

His argument would hold up if there wasn't the option to NOT listen to the commentary track. What a lousy excuse.

Between WOTW and hiring Michael Bay for TFs lately, now no DTS or commentary on this and a bullshit excuse given, Im really worrying about Speilberg's cred. I think it died after Schindlers list in the mid-early nineties.

And Queeq is right about the extras too. Sounds like a last DVDcash-gathering-exercise to help pay for Indy IV before he charges for the blue ray editions.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 7th, 2008 at 07:52 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 07:48 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hell no. Spielberg is one of the few directors that just what he wants. He's not the only one not to do commentary. David Lynch for instance or the Coen Brothers.
Personally I can understand it: a filmmaker makes a film to say what he wants, why elobarote on it.

I listened to Ridley Scott's commentary on Blade Runner: Final Cut. It was boring and hardly talked about the scenes, just about how they came up with stuff. But that was already in the docs. So... I understand. Not everyone is that interesting to listen to.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 07:51 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Fair enough, but then he shouldn't be surprised when I (and I suspect, many others) dont re-buy what is already had then.

DTS and commentary are two big incentives in the "I want to re-sell you the same shit you already got" stakes.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 07:55 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh I agree... I had the same felling when I saw what they are trying to sell us with these 'new' DVD's.

And there's no DTS in Lucasfilm films... Lucas has THX... So he don't want no DTS.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 11:03 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ah.

Shame. Cause my "Alien" (and many others) which is already THX sounds twice as good in DTS in terms of size of sound, resolution of sound and the dynamic range and EQ.

Damn their oilly hides.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 03:26 PM
queeq
Chaos

DTS rules.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 07:03 PM
coolmovies

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best then it goes down hill

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 10:00 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote