KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magus (Technarchy) vs Hank Henshaw

Magus (Technarchy) vs Hank Henshaw
Started by: CaptainStoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Henshaw is a computer god.

Hank ftw.

magus is NOT a computer. your point?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:56 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think people just come into topics and post the name they recognise as the winner.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:58 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ten Bucks says someone
*coughbatdudecough*

comes in here and talks about henshaw taking control a portion of the source wall stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:07 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Newjak
Ten Bucks says someone
*coughbatdudecough*

comes in here and talks about henshaw taking control a portion of the source wall stick out tongue

Uni beat you to that joke.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:11 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Henshaw is a computer god.

Hank ftw.
no, michael korvac is and the difference in power between the two is laughable

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:21 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

The source wall is not a computer and is populated by godlike beings.

Guardians, New Gods, and Kryptonians have the best tech around and it's childsplay to Henshaw.

I don't see anything that Magus can do that Eradicator can't in some way shape, or form.

Henshaw ftw.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Last edited by Avlon on Mar 5th, 2008 at 01:56 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:53 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Avlon
The source wall is not a computer and is populated by godlike beings.

it's a fair point. but my point stands -- there is no way to know henshaw could affect magus. he's NOT tech. he's a combination, different from tech and organic. is there a chance hank could control him? sure, there's a chance. but there is an equal chance that he couldn't. smile imo, there is a better chance magus could affect hank (who is 'pure' tech), than there is of hank affecting magus who is something OTHER than tech. and again, the t-o virus would be able to affect hank's mind. erm

quote:
I don't see anything that Magus can do that Eradicator can't in some way shape, or form.

he can assume a mass greater than a star. no expression that's . . . really big. if magus LITERALLY hurled the entire planet they were fighting on into a star it would be tough for henshaw to evacuate. magus could also open a dimensional portal and perhaps get a win via bfr.

if hank can't affect magus directly, (again, he MAY be able to do so, but the reverse is also almost certainly true) there's no way henshaw could take him out, imo.

meh, my point in dropping by was just to say i don't think this is anywhere near as cut and dry as some first believed. smile

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:19 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by leonidas
it's a fair point. but my point stands -- there is no way to know henshaw could affect magus. he's NOT tech. he's a combination, different from tech and organic. is there a chance hank could control him? sure, there's a chance. but there is an equal chance that he couldn't. smile imo, there is a better chance magus could affect hank (who is 'pure' tech), than there is of hank affecting magus who is something OTHER than tech. and again, the t-o virus would be able to affect hank's mind. erm

Hank has morphed non-tech things such as alien bodies, the source wall, children's toys (both simple and mechanical) walls, glass, and even an interdimensional prison meant to hold him specifically, etc...

The virus thing is not a problem. Willhunters. Telepathic plugs, the fact that Henshaw can scan and create an opponents weakness on the fly.

Hanks mind is a virus onto it's own. An immortal, intelligent, adapting, virus that can't be killed.

Originally posted by leonidas
can assume a mass greater than a star. no expression that's . . . really big. if magus LITERALLY hurled the entire planet they were fighting on into a star it would be tough for henshaw to evacuate. magus could also open a dimensional portal and perhaps get a win via bfr.

if hank can't affect magus directly, (again, he MAY be able to do so, but the reverse is also almost certainly true) there's no way henshaw could take him out, imo.

meh, my point in dropping by was just to say i don't think this is anywhere near as cut and dry as some first believed. smile

Magus would need time to do such a thing... Hank can become one with a planet and create warworld's with incredible power as well. He can assume mass as well. It's in his powerset.

Eradicator has the power to destroy a star as well and is literally limitless in power (as stated on panel) and is not exactly tech either but get's pwned by Hank on a regular basis. Erads has extremely powerful mind powers and T-vo as well. Technically, the Eradicator is not a machine either.

I do see that Magus has potential...I'm just not seeing anything that Henshaw hasn't conquered or pwned in some shape or form. Plus Magus has to deal with Henshaw's creation of power rings enhancing him further.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:39 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Hank based on how shitty the Jumper movie was no expression.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:17 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sirius77

Henshaw. Hes the technopaths technopath.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:16 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Magus ftw.
He isn't just big. Come on guys. If you don't know anything about a character, ya aren't gonna be taken seriously.
He is a "Space God" on an abstract level. He just hasn't been used enough to be explored properly.
Hank is unbelievable, no doubt. But, Magus would take the majority.
In a lot of ways, Magus is just a higher level "Henshaw".

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 06:04 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote