KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT

Who's the best?
This poll is closed.
Lebron is better 3 27.27%
Kobe is better 8 72.73%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LEBRON JAMES or KOBE BRYANT
Started by: TheGame17

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
You can argue that LeBron is the MVP of this year. yes And I will argue back in favor of Bryant. smile But in no way, shape, for or fashion is LeBron a better player than Kobe. Kobe is the best by far right now. Best baketball player on the planet.

Oh and the Lakers>Spurs erm

I would actually argue the opposite. You can argue that LeBron is a better player, but I still lean towards Kobe being better. But in now way, shape, or fashion is LeBron leading in the MVP, Kobe is starting to put the nails in the coffin on that.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 08:57 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Well there are a few blogs on NBA.com thinking LeBron is. It's really pissing me off. They're saying he should get it because of his superior stats when Kobe last year and especially in 05-06 killed the league in stats yet Nash won it. mad What the f**k?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 11:34 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Black Mamba

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 9th, 2010 11:34 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Now Guy, did you really need to bring this back up? Us Laker fans are the clear majority here on KMC. We're all, more or less, going to agree and it's not like LeBron will win the poll.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 03:03 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Yeppers

stick out tongue

Go Lakers. Tomorrow at 6

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 04:37 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

thumb up

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 05:40 AM
FistOfThe North

yea, even though the celts are taking it this year, individually Kobe's the best player in the nba but Lbj's the second best player in the nba. both are mostly ballhoggin' crybabies though but you can't deny their skills. they're there.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 06:56 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

LOL

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 11:26 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yea, even though the celts are taking it this year, individually Kobe's the best player in the nba but Lbj's the second best player in the nba. both are mostly ballhoggin' crybabies though but you can't deny their skills. they're there.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 03:47 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Without Phil Jackson Kobe is just like Lebron.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2010 11:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Kobe>King of Nothing Lebron

thank u bz

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 05:41 AM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Without Phil Jackson Kobe is just like Lebron.
It goes both ways. Without Kobe and Jordan........

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 01:09 AM
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

For me it's Lebron, actually it's been Lebron since he somehow got that Cleveland team a few years back to the finals when the second best player on that team was Gibson.

The people who keep bringing up Kobe's rings don't seem to understand that an individual player alone can't get it done, it takes the right teammates to surround him. Jordan never won a title without Pippen and Lebron never had a guy that's a consistent all star around him. What happened the year after Shaq was traded to Miami? The Lakers didn't make the playoffs and then the following years they were eliminated in the first round. Why? Because they didn't have the right talent around him. It wasn't until Bynum began to develop that there was hope for the franchise and the one-sided Gasol trade put them over the top.

Take the NBA finals this year for example. In the series Kobe only shot 40% but they won the series because the talent around him. In game 3 with the series tied 1-1 Kobe went 10-29 and the Lakers won. Why? Because Derek Fisher picked up the slack in the forth. In game 7 Kobe shot 6-24 and they won. Why Because Gasol, Artest and Odom played well enough to overcome Kobe's bad game. Imagine if the Lakers lost that game, people would have killed Kobe, but since they won no one mentions it.

Lebron is statistically better than Kobe. He shoots a higher percentage, rebounds more and is a better passer. He also has turned out to be one hell of a defender. He passes the eye test for me as probably other than Steve Nash he is responsible for most of his team's offensive success. He was basically the point guard and finisher for the Cavs. He was responsible for setting up his teammates and scoring 30 points a night. So that's why I think Lebron is better than Kobe.

Although in a few years you might need to add Durant to that poll. That kid can play. As a part time Blazer fan it annoys me they at all the success he's had and Oden hasn't. I can't blame the Blazers on the pick because it absolutely was the right one at the time, but it still stings.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 02:14 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by guy222
Kobe>King of Nothing Lebron
Lebron's more talented imo but Kobe is far better in the clutch. That's th emost important thing. This is a noncontest and Lebron won't ever be considered as better than Kobe due to him teaming up with two all stars. he will share the spotlight unlike Kobe who is the man on his team.

Lebron left a humiliated and defeated man in cleveland where people actually question his heart and whether or not he threew the series against boston.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 04:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Kobe is the more skilled basketball player as well as being smarter and a better leader. No one comes close to having the offensive repertoire that he possesses. LeBron gets more assists and rebounds because of his style of play in Cleveland and his position. Kobe is the better lock down defender(when he wants to be).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 05:46 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Stall_19
For me it's Lebron, actually it's been Lebron since he somehow got that Cleveland team a few years back to the finals when the second best player on that team was Gibson.

The people who keep bringing up Kobe's rings don't seem to understand that an individual player alone can't get it done, it takes the right teammates to surround him. Jordan never won a title without Pippen and Lebron never had a guy that's a consistent all star around him. What happened the year after Shaq was traded to Miami? The Lakers didn't make the playoffs and then the following years they were eliminated in the first round. Why? Because they didn't have the right talent around him. It wasn't until Bynum began to develop that there was hope for the franchise and the one-sided Gasol trade put them over the top.

Take the NBA finals this year for example. In the series Kobe only shot 40% but they won the series because the talent around him. In game 3 with the series tied 1-1 Kobe went 10-29 and the Lakers won. Why? Because Derek Fisher picked up the slack in the forth. In game 7 Kobe shot 6-24 and they won. Why Because Gasol, Artest and Odom played well enough to overcome Kobe's bad game. Imagine if the Lakers lost that game, people would have killed Kobe, but since they won no one mentions it.

Lebron is statistically better than Kobe. He shoots a higher percentage, rebounds more and is a better passer. He also has turned out to be one hell of a defender. He passes the eye test for me as probably other than Steve Nash he is responsible for most of his team's offensive success. He was basically the point guard and finisher for the Cavs. He was responsible for setting up his teammates and scoring 30 points a night. So that's why I think Lebron is better than Kobe.

Although in a few years you might need to add Durant to that poll. That kid can play. As a part time Blazer fan it annoys me they at all the success he's had and Oden hasn't. I can't blame the Blazers on the pick because it absolutely was the right one at the time, but it still stings.

thumb up

I agree on all points.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but 1-on-1 LeBron's a better 'individual' player than Kobe, imho.

As I see it, his beastly athleticism will trump over Kobe's clutch.
If he drives in the lane every single time, no one can stop him, even Kobe.

What's scary is LeBron's 'almost' on par with Kobe, yet he hasn't even reached his prime.

And about rings... who gives a damn about those damn rings?
Unless we are talking about team achievements, then yes those things count.

I mean, John Stockton never won a championship.
Does that mean Sam Cassell (3 rings) is a much better player than he is? Hell ****in' NO!

Same thing can be said about scoring.
Chris Bosh can probably put up more points than Kevin Garnett, but KG is way better than Bosh.

Jordan accomplished a lot with the help of his team.

He had Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Woolridge, and company to back him up.

If LeBron had a team like Kobe's, there would be no contest in the NBA.

PS: I don't even like both of them.
Dirk Nowitzki FTW! lol

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Jul 11th, 2010 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 08:20 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

lol

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 08:28 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Mindset
lol

Well, current Celts is the only definitive team who can stand up against the Lakers.

If LeBron was with the Lakers, they'd demolish every team in the league. Period.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 08:50 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Well, current Celts is the only definitive team who can stand up against the Lakers.

If LeBron was with the Lakers, they'd demolish every team in the league. Period.
No, they wouldn't.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 08:56 PM
Darth Martin

You act as if the last two teams LeBron has been on were bad.
I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but 1-on-1 LeBron's a better 'individual' player than Kobe, imho.

Kobe is the better individual player as he scores the most in isolation plays. LeBron might beat Kobe in a game of one-on-one but that doesn't make him the better individual player. Did you see Game 5 of the Finals?
As I see it, his beastly athleticism will trump over Kobe's clutch.
If he drives in the lane every single time, no one can stop him, even Kobe.
If you are referring to a clutch situation then it's a shame LeBron doesn't always employ this tactic. Evidenced by his sucess(or lack thereof), he has been stopped. At the end of a game I want the ball in Kobe's hands, not LeBron's.
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon What's scary is LeBron's 'almost' on par with Kobe, yet he hasn't even reached his prime.
It seems to me you just admitted that Kobe Bryant is the better basketball player.
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon And about rings... who gives a damn about those damn rings?
I do.
Unless we are talking about team achievements, then yes those things count.
Basketball is a team sport. The Larry O'Brien championship trophy is the highest quality of sucess in the NBA. What's fact is Kobe has five of them in seven Finals appearances.

LeBron has 0 in one Finals appearance. LeBron has also lost as the number one seed overall for the past two seasons.
I mean, John Stockton never won a championship.
Does that mean Sam Cassell (3 rings) is a much better player than he is? Hell ****in' NO!
Don't be ignorant.
Same thing can be said about scoring.
Chris Bosh can probably put up more points than Kevin Garnett, but KG is way better than Bosh.
As of right now, no. Bosh is better than Garnett. I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at hand.
Jordan accomplished a lot with the help of his team.
Correct.
He had Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Woolridge, and company to back him up.
LeBron has had a pretty solid supporting cast himself the last two seasons. If he returned this year he would have had the same(if not better) supporting cast. It's really too bad he left isn't it?
For the last two seasons LeBron's teams have had the best regular season record in the league. The Cleveland Cavaliers have posted a 2-0 record against the Los Angeles Lakers during the 09-10 season(the first game being an embarrassing Christmas Day 25 point blowout win over the Lakers). So, they were better from a certain standpoint. They collectively failed the last two seasons in the postseason. Much of this can be attributed to LeBron's leadership. Kobe's team seemed to peak during the playoffs. Think Kobe's championship experience may have had something to do with that?

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 12th, 2010 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 01:47 AM