KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh being bigger just means more to miss. An aversion field is still an aversion field. Juggernaut's rarely used thunderclap (which we know Marko is too arrogant to attempt against the Hulk), even with power gem, still is likely dwarfed by no selling Black Bolt's voice and taking nukes.

YIAGJEKLWTHJIOAH YAHHH TRICKK YAHHH

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:23 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

stop doing that, it's beneath you man

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 10:25 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

a brief overlook of the gems: http://en.marveldatabase.com/Infinity_Gems

your field can be messed with if it's composed of energy and juggernaut can also energy manipulate with the power gem. he just gets so frustrated with missing his punches that he thunderclaps hulk over and over till it's over.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:12 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah if you had the reality gem and MAYBE EVEN soul gem you could probably mess up the field (if you can prove Cain Marko is smart enough to even figure out how there is a field in the first place). Power and Space gems don't really do anything outside of amp strength and grant teleportation.

Your only option is the thunderclap, which I can tank, push comes to shove, Hector starts to feel the heat, he goes intangible

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/.../Intangible.jpg

(flies through glass) and calls it a day.

Physical damage didn't really mean much to Fate at the end of his tenure, put it together with Hulk's healing and the fact that you can't directly attack me, done deal.

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 4th, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:26 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

but you still can't do a thing to juggernaut when his force field is active, even without the power gem backing him.

and common sense would imply that after days of fighting, anyone with normal intelligence and the space gem would just teleport their opponent outside the ring and hold them in null space till time runs out.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:42 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could just teleport us back (though your method violates the rules). wink

Taking out Juggs is only a matter of teleporting his helmet off and mind frying him (after peering into his lifetime). It won't really take me days to fight, probably only a couple of hours (giving you the most benefit of the doubt).

Getting his helmet and skullcap off is as simple as teleporting them it into my amulet.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:48 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

the force field and the space gem prevent that from coming to pass.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:51 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't really think so, Extant possessing the Worlogog couldn't detect Hector and the JSA hiding inside the helmet. Fate's helmet and amulet are kinda like Adam Warlock outside the realm of chaos and order so it's safe to say hiding the helmet and cap inside my helmet or amulet makes them as good as lost. I don't really know how the forcefield is going to prevent me from BFRing the helmet/skullcap, unless it works like a vacuum or some such.

Then you have the problem of Cain being too arrogant to always have the forcefield up (even if you can prove it helps keep the helmet/skullcap from being teleported).

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:58 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

cain never gets teleported period, and again the space gem wont allow it

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:01 AM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cain's isn't, his cap and helmet are, though.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:01 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

pardon? I'm not sure what that meant^

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:06 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

the power gem backs the force field with all the energy in the universe if need be.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:07 AM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

What I'm saying is that I'm not teleporting Cain anywhere, just his helmet and his skull cap. Cain being Cain won't know where I've put his helmet and skull cap (inside my helmet or amulet, whichever Hector is in the mood for) which leaves him wide open for a mind attack.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:12 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

a more powerful juggy took a mind bolt from bedlam, an exemplar no less and only received a burning headache that soon faded:
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?...thdayp318bm.jpg
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?...thdayp328ck.jpg
then went back to pounding, the power gem will empower him beyond 8th day levels

Last edited by psycho gundam on Mar 5th, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:21 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

edit

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:21 AM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

His helmet was still on

I'd imagine that had something to do with it. I don't really know if the PG would put him beyond 8th day levels much like I don't really know if the PG put Thor beyond his Warrior's Madness levels either. Though I imagine it would, just fun speculation.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:23 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

sure the helmet way on, but the mind blast still hurt him because bedlam was functionally equal in origin and power source, kinda like thor's major opponents hail from asgard. the exemplars are the only ones exempt to each other's powers. but still, this juggernat has the gems of power and space, a very different and higher power source

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:29 AM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which has never given anyone more resistance against telepathic attacks.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:35 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

nobody was dumb enough to challenge telepathically attack a wielder of the gems anyway.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:39 AM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh I still don't have reason to believe why a power gem would enhance mental resistance. :P

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:41 AM