KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1; Papa Smurph vs Psycho Gundam
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

amped force of will, indestructible neuron pathways and/or gray matter, recovery from said mental attack etc.

plus the force field is on and mental attacks from anyone but bedlam are
a waste of effort.

after all that, cain can just materialize into you and thats the end of that

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:49 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Power gem amps will?

When has Cain's forcefield helped against mental attacks (I suppose he probably has maybe one showing in his history where it has)?

Even if Cain can materalize inside of me (assuming his aim isn't thrown off by the field like everything else) I could just make myself intangible and heal from it.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 12:56 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

that will be quite the healing feat, total boy repair from the molecular level?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:12 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like what he was doing throughout the entirety of WWH (most notably when Kitty phased him into the ground). :P

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 01:47 AM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

this is different though

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 02:19 AM
King Kandy

My Vote: Papa Smurph

Psycho simply had a poorly laid out plan. He offered no explanation for how Juggernaut would be able to use the gems to their fullest potential when smarter characters have failed to do so, and seems to have spent his prep writing a story about the tourney (thanks though) instead of putting together a comprehensive battle plan. He suggests all sorts of abilities from the gems that have never been shown, and somehow tries to squeeze in a week of prep when he didn't purchase any.

On the other hand, while Stack's prep didn't have anything overly impressive about it, I feel it was well supported and thought out, as well as having a superior battle plan and amalgam in my opinion. He backed everything up with scans and had a plausible idea of how the battle will go.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:01 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

psychogundam just couldn't convince me that Cain had the intelligence to use the gems in the ways he claimed. On the other hand PS had a well thought out plan which he supported effectively with evidence.

Vote: PapaSmurph

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Lance
DL

Same as what others have said Gundam didn't convince me that Cain would know how to use the Gems to their full abilities seeing as how he didn't have any prep whatsoever .
While I fully believed that Papa Smurph could do everything he said e could via his scans and the setup of his character

I vote for Papa Smurph

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:38 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I like that there's a robot calling the match in gundam's writeup. It's the little things...

Voting for Joey. I read through the match and got upset at a lot of the debating from either side, but he presented a more coherent plan. I'm quite sure gundam could do a lot of what he says he could with the gems, so I didn't think it was a surefire win for Stacks, but there wasn't nearly enough justification for it beyond "they have all power for everything" for me to feel comfortable voting for him.

Also, another petition to move match times to circa 5-to-5 instead of 3-to-3. It makes it difficult for those of us who work until 4-5 most days.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 5th, 2008 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Voting for Stacks.

Both of their strategies and debate tactics were piss poor overall, so I just went the recommended route and decided based on character line-up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:02 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Like the other match, I am not a fan any form of monologue or story telling. You are in a tournament, trying to convince us why you are superior in this match. So Ill try to seep in what we can get out of the match and the character set up.

Ok so basically Cain is going for a speed blitz or teleport and smash his way through. As Classic Juggernaut he is already strong. With the Power Gem it should give him a vary significant boost.

Stacks take notice that, this is all Cain can really do, so he puts up an aversion field (clever BTW), yet he decides to stand their and throw down with Cain for a few minutes until he gets annoyed.

However I am not sold in the idea that ground will hold Juggernaut (which forces him to look at the helm), or that the helm will bypass Juggernauts Helm mental defenses and peer into his mind to reveal his past and his weakness.

Stalemate - I would like to hear from both contestants before I make a final judgment.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:42 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by id369
Stalemate - I would like to hear from both contestants before I make a final judgment.
Ohh come on...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Galan007
Ohh come on...

(please log in to view the image)
I’ll cast a vote before 3 pm. But so far the plan, to stop an unstable foe is incoherent.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:51 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I just don't see it. Both plans can't work. I'm gonna give it to Stacks because the idea of Juggs using the full potential of the gems is laughable.

But both your plans are absolute garbage. And saying Juggs won't use a T-clap is BS. If he can't hit her, eventually he would probably try it. but Hulk's body is more than tough enough to take a few hits.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:23 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

sure i didn't prove to you lot that juggy can use the gems in any manner beyond what other wielders did, and my huge opening posts were"self satisfactory". but.............the way in which they were constructed was in character and displayed powers from both combatants in an unbiased way. stories take time and ones without pictures take longer.

I can't see how I have to prove that cain will never get his hands on A JUDO PRACTITIONER, a technique system based on hip tosses and
shoulder flips. I had that move fail on cain resulting in papa's character getting grabbed and thus getting his shit ruined.

the aversion field was never shown doing anything against a powerful character like a colossus or a superman, and with the power gem cain is stronger than them infinitely. plus cain is a magical being and its arguable that the aversion field would fail from his punches and irresistibility.

all in all, I never thought I had to explain further than my first two posts and that maybe led you to believe cain would lose, I'm still waiting to hear how he beats the invulnerability against mind assaults and first having to REMOVE THE HELMET AND SKULLCAP(not yelling just emphasizing a point)after first somehow getting pasta a power gem fueled force field. wtf?

if you're too scared to read this just vote for smurph

Last edited by psycho gundam on Mar 5th, 2008 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 06:35 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest

And saying Juggs won't use a T-clap is BS.

Give me a percentage of Juggernaut's fights where he uses a T-Clap and I'll give you a percentage of chance he'll use it in this fight (which will likely come out to less then 2% especially considering you're giving Juggs the credit in being able to recognise that a 3rd party is throwing him off, not very in-character).

This is a in-character fight Trickster, if Juggs doesn't normally use a T-Clap, he likely won't use it here. Even if he does, won't do much.

What in my plan was garbage, btw?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:44 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The part where, Juggernaut looks up and you successfully invade his mind to glimpse over his history. I thought the helm protected from all forms of telepathy. I am not a big Cain nor a Magician fan, please explain or clear this up for me.

Last edited by "Id" on Mar 5th, 2008 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:52 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

(please log in to view the image)
I’ll cast a vote before 3 pm. But so far the plan, to stop an unstable foe is incoherent.
finally, my thoughts exactly. to try and go beyond my original post was stupid on my part but papa smuph still didn't really explain how he will logically win, or did I somehow miss that?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:53 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

The part where, Juggernaut looks up and you successfully invades his mind to glimpse over his history. I thought the helm protected from all forms of telepathy. I am not a big Cain nor a Magician fan, please explain or clear this up for me.

Fate doesn't require eye contact or telepathy to look at one's fate, he just does it with a mystical spell

Like when he does it to Extant without having even met the guy

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...ntknowledge.jpg

in Mordru's case he had already peered into his future before they even fought and just decided to show the image to him as an extra source of mind rapery. Usually it just works like Quasar's cosmic awareness did in that Nabu just informs him about the character in question (like with Curse and Black Adam). Hell, Fate's even done it to himself (which he actually says in the very next page to Mordru).

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 5th, 2008 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 07:57 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

cain is invulnerable, eventually you get beaten

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 08:02 PM