KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Hall of the Honored Fallen

Hall of the Honored Fallen
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

This thread was awesome; when did it get pinned?

Old Post May 6th, 2013 09:24 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok, so it's time I revealed this sh*t:

The last of Evangel's tournaments...giant cluster****, but that's not what I want to talk about.

I had Ultimate Reed Richards and the Doctor (Wildstorm) among a couple others. Through some loophole-style tactics that were initially legal until mid-tourney (I won a match with them, lost another, then had them banned), I was basically creating Reed's tech instantaneously via telepathy and Doctor's matter manip.

So I go into a match with goober. Goober was the tourney favorite at that point (he went on to win, iirc), and he's also a smart guy. The tourney was double elimination in its early stages (until the finals, iirc), so I actually didn't want to use my masterstroke on him. So I made Reed's dimension canon (the one that hurt Ultimate Galactus) and just fired the thing at him. Tough match, tons of points back and forth, and I lose. Ok, no big deal.

Goober had Super-Adaptoid. Savvy readers will know that Ultimate Reed created that universe's cosmic cube, and Super-Adaptoid has copied a cosmic cube to become just as powerful as it (then replicated and generally went apesh*t). Goober knew this, but I wasn't sure if he knew that I did.

So here was the finals strategy I never got to use: Make the cosmic cube, which was >>>>>>>> anything he could bring to the table normally. Adaptoid copies it, replicates x1000, game over for me. Right?

There's an obscure but clear quote from Reed right around the end of the Ultimate Cube arc, when Reed wrests control of it from Thanos. He reveals that, by its very design, the cube is programmed to respond to Reed over anything else. Essentially, he is its ultimate master. Goober would have been giving his team over to me. So if he copies it, game over, and if he doesn't, my power trumps him.

I was always upset I didn't get to use that, because it was a strategy I was cultivating weeks before our actual match. Still, messy as that tourney was, the right person probably won. It was just an amusing, clever /shakefist moment.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 09:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
This thread was awesome; when did it get pinned?
I figured it deserved to be pinned so I did.

And I would voted against you stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2013 09:49 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You would have been wrong.

Old Post May 7th, 2013 07:21 PM
tsilamini

so, is this the thread where I would brag about being undefeated?

Old Post May 8th, 2013 01:57 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Oliver North
so, is this the thread where I would brag about being undefeated?

Yes, while speaking like an Asgardian.

Old Post May 8th, 2013 01:40 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Omega Vision
There should also be a slot for "most foregone conclusion"

Nominate my match against jplatinum... I had a Spider-Man/cyborg combo, with lightsabers, he had Bruce Lee.
Originally posted by "Id"
Naw the most salty moment comes to me, and Kandy losing our match to Leo and Scoobless. Hell it didn’t even matter if we won the match, we still didn’t qualify for round 2. I just wanted to go out with a bang, with tournament crushing defeat over the favorites to win it.

To me I had narrowed out how to gain Cosmic Level sorcery, through base equipment ruling. Even after proving it was a base equipment, we still lost.

Refresh my memory... embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 8th, 2014 05:36 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Lo and behold, at request of Sir Digi I'm sharing with your the tales of faraway journey to CBR forum and taking part at their biannual competition called Rumbler's League.
Bad news - I finished 6th overall and not 5th as planned:
http://community.comicbookresources...ll=1#post879356
Good news - I lost only to 2 people ahead of me in the table (Estrecca and Cthulhu), beat Dalak the incumbent champion and 2 of my 4 losses are to people below me (Tami and Cleric, where I was screwed by battlefield and the speedblitz respectively).
http://community.comicbookresources...Charlotte-DeBel
Here's my match against their Spring 2014 champion for your amusement.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:07 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Wow well done!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 01:15 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Advice: post your team at the top if the first post (or every post) helps new readers to know who and what is going on

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 26th, 2015 02:05 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote