KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Hall of the Honored Fallen

Hall of the Honored Fallen
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

teasing.

newjak is just crap at thor speak... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He should have. But no one knew anything about them, and judges traditionally fear the unknown. There's more general knowledge now, so obscure picks are safer than they once were, but I feel like Khell had the best team in at least 2 tourneys that he entered. His finals loss to Scoobless was lopsided due to the people he had, but no one had ever heard of them and it was in the pre-scans era. So going was tough for an indy comic fan.

Pre-scan tourneys compared to now is, in general, a gigantic difference. Scanners changed the way tourneys are debated in a massive way....for the better, no doubt, but the old days were amusing. That street tourney with Blink/Grail was actually probably the transition from barely any scans to a lot.

Ah.

*childhood dream crushed*

embarrasment
Yeah I didn't use one scan in that tourney and somehow I managed to at one point have about half the votes before people changed their minds stick out tongue .

Don't let PR tell you that Digi.

It's not that no one has the balls to tell him. It's more the fact that Thor is the trend setter. Everything he does was cool.

Notice that when Thor speaks in Thor-speak all of Asgard, even Loki, speaks it. When he doesn't no one does.

Originally posted by Raoul
laughing out loud

teasing.

newjak is just crap at thor speak... stick out tongue
And of course this stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:24 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Newjak
I say Thee Nay no expression

Then have at thee, Asgardian!

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:39 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by long pig
Bow down to Shocktopus!
Now, get up! You sicken him!
evil face

(please log in to view the image)
"Don't be a retard, kids. Vote for Shocktopus!" -Shocktopus.

Classic LP.

laughing out loud

Also, yeah, tourneys IV and V were where we gradually started using scans. By the end of tourney V and into VI they were the norm. Anything before that (I-IV) and you'd be lucky to see 2-3 in an entire match.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:40 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Then have at thee, Asgardian!
Have at Thee back, Chaos person-thingy-magig no expression

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 01:50 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Classic LP.

laughing out loud

Also, yeah, tourneys IV and V were where we gradually started using scans. By the end of tourney V and into VI they were the norm. Anything before that (I-IV) and you'd be lucky to see 2-3 in an entire match.
They were fun to read though. That was also when there wasn't a post limit, man those things could just go back and forth.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 01:51 PM
jinzin

Noted. Maybe we can put the kibash on the Thor-speak. Why does he seem sweet when he does it?

I say thee NAY!

This being no mere thread, but a HALL!

You say you wish to honor your "fallen"?

Then how so will you honor them with but a lazy tongue?

Nay....

Tails of valor and victory can only be told from the words of a warrior true!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:55 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by jinzin
I say thee NAY!

Nay....

Fair enough, noble friend. I shall try.

Also, jinzin is one of only 2 people ever to have an undefeated tourney record (TheKahn is the other). One tourney, one tourney win.

Congrats! Though that means you're never getting into the Hall ( stick out tongue ).

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by jinzin
I say thee NAY!

Nay....

How come when jinzin speaks like this he sounds cool.

When I do it I sound like a douche confused

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 05:01 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Have at Thee back, Chaos person-thingy-magig no expression

So thou dost see fit to mock my family line? Ye and yours shall be driven to the very edge of Midgard and there cut down by my armies!

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 05:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So thou dost see fit to mock my family line? Ye and yours shall be driven to the very edge of Midgard and there cut down by my armies!
I Say Thee Nay

Have at thee

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 05:43 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Okay . . .

confused

Bang.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 07:16 PM
Smurph
------

Also, jinzin is one of only 2 people ever to have an undefeated tourney record (TheKahn is the other). One tourney, one tourney win.
Overall tourney, or matches only?

Technically, my record is currently undefeated.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 07:18 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Okay . . .

confused

Bang.
Ohz Noz a gun stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 07:52 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Ohz Noz a gun stick out tongue

Verily, I doth press 'pon any advantage.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 08:13 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Overall tourney, or matches only?

Technically, my record is currently undefeated.

You're in the middle of tourneys, so I'm obviously not including that. Among completed tourneys, however, only 2 people (jin and Kahn) retired undefeated...because they won the only tourney they entered, then stopped. You'd have to win all 3 of your current ones to qualify.

Other news:

I'm going to try and do some fun analysis of various tourney aspects. Hardest tourney to win (relative to the debating skill and drafts in the tourney), easiest to win, most powerful single tourney character(s) ever (undoubtedly amalgams), best team or amalgam name, best debaters, most diligent with research, etc.

Could be fun. Any other suggestions for categories I should make?

Inductions

Loot (formerly Norrin Radd) won the first ever KMC tourney, but is being honered is our hall for his noble efforts in tourney VII. He faced the dred beast Scoobless, slayer of mortals, no less than 3 times, and despites losses in the first two, fought until his dying breath. Truly, such courgae in the face of an insurmountable foe is to be honered!

Last edited by Digi on Mar 8th, 2008 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 08:27 PM
Smurph
------

You're in the middle of tourneys, so I'm obviously not including that. Among completed tourneys, however, only 2 people (jin and Kahn) retired undefeated...because they won the only tourney they entered, then stopped. You'd have to win all 3 of your current ones to qualify.
3 at once... all together... at the same time... in completely different fields of power...

Can I get points for trying?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 08:31 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
3 at once... all together... at the same time... in completely different fields of power...

Can I get points for trying?

Sure. I guess.

Smurph: 2 points!

everyone else: 3

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 09:22 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Verily, I doth press 'pon any advantage.
I doth prepare for such underhanded tactics by thee coward by strength to shake the very heavens itself..

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 09:39 PM
darthgoober

Re: Hall of the Honored Fallen

2 - All are welcome. But "The Honored Fallen" will be arbitrarily selected by me as people who have suffered crushing defeats in tourney matches that were hard-fought. It is intended to mirror the Hall of Asgard where fallen warriors drink mead, tell glorious stories, and await the final battle.

Sounds like my match with you and Scoobs... shifty

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 09:45 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote