KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Hall of the Honored Fallen

Hall of the Honored Fallen
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I know you don't wanna but you gotta honor the bad as well as the good.

So what I want to know is worst Amalgam for any particular tourney.

My nomination would JP's spiderman level.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:47 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The Lists: Entry #2

Most Crushing Loss

3 - illadelph12 vs. Blair Wind (Tourney V)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1
Illadelph took the loss hard, and rightly so, because it was an incredibly hard fought match on both sides.

2 - Khellendros vs. Scoobless (Tourney II)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...threadid=331132
...this was Khell's closest and best chance at a tourney win. He was initially up in the poll only to be overtaken late.

1 - Scoob/Digi vs. Blair/DC (Tourney VIII)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t442032.html
...sorry to make myself #1 here, but it really was. Blair and Scoob had their tourney wins already, but DC and I had a lot riding on it. With the judges locked 2-2, and both plans at feverishly ludicrous levels, both teams threw out last-second arguments to try to swing the last judge to their side. And a week after the tourney, Scoob and I happened upon a scan that may have countered their main point against our prep.

Strangely, with mine, there's no real heartbreak. It was loads of fun, and I feel like they deserved the win. Still, as losses go, it's about as close as it gets.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 9th, 2008 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:51 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
I know you don't wanna but you gotta honor the bad as well as the good.

So what I want to know is worst Amalgam for any particular tourney.

My nomination would JP's spiderman level.

We'll get to them eventually. I'd rather do the good first though. No rush.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Trickerpriest.

i want some consolation for that shitfest

Here's your three,a unanimous loss to Tricker..

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:56 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Found a decent #3

That loss to Blair that ill is always complaining about ( stick out tongue to ill).

But it WAS a war.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

I'll edit it in to the earlier post.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:59 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

MM vs Trickster
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=9062205

MM hasn't been the same since...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 04:59 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
MM vs Trickter
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...;postid=9062205

MM hasn't been the same since...

You shut your filthy whore mouth!!

sad

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:01 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:03 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Brief update on list of Hall inductees:

Khellendros
Long Pig
Loot (Norrin Radd)

And our newest addition: Krissy Von Doom! The most prolific female in tourney history, KVD boasts 6 tourney entries. Her valor was great, though the results were mixed. Without an official tally, I think she can claim at least one semis appearance, and numerous early-round victories. Still, for setting a high water mark in the early history of KMC tournaments, she is inducted for her dedication through troubled waters.

The Lists: Entry #3

Easiest Tourney (same criteria as Hardest)

Please note: "easiest" does not mean "worst" as there is a lot to be said for all of these tournaments listed below. This is simply an assessment of the difficulty in winning each one.

3 - Evangel's 2nd Multi-Level Tourney (VI)
Why: We weren't always so able to field multiple tourneys at one time, and Scoobless was able to use his experience in past tourneys to best a comparatively weak field (some good debaters, but many were very new to tourneys), because it took place during the same time as V, which consumed the time of many tourney vets.

2 - Low Meta Team Amalgam (X)
Why: Ill's current tourney boasts excellent debaters and powerful strategies, but has suffered from people dropping out. Regardless of the competition level, when showing up assures a team of a spot in the semis, the odds are more in a team's favor than most tourneys.

1 - KMC's First Multi-Level Tourney (I)
Why: Not a testament to the participants or tourney itself, which pioneered the idea of tourneys here on KMC, but it's just an undeniable fact that the quality of tournaments has improved drastically. The first tournament was groping in the dark with strategies and rules, so it's to be commended for setting the base for future tourneys, but one cannot look at it today and not see how the knowledge of the forums has increased monumentally.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:17 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You know what I'm gonna promote one of my matches..

Me and BW's match against Leo/Khan.

Our Match was considered to be the actual championship of the tourney and it was hard fought.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:18 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You know what I'm gonna promote one of my matches..

Me and BW's match against Leo/Khan.

Our Match was considered to be the actual championship of the tourney and it was hard fought.

Actually, that's a really good nomination. I'll give it some thought.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:22 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

And i yet,i get diddley squat?

Rascist.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:23 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Actually, that's a really good nomination. I'll give it some thought.
I only bring the best stick out tongue

I would also like to nominate a category for the best picks that have never won a tourney.

You know those picks that should be for all purposes great picks but for some reason people can not seem to get that elusive win with them.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:26 AM
King Kandy

Do I get an award for anything?

Entity once didn't show up to face me, and then I didn't show up to face the guy who replaced Entity... I think that's some sort of unique occurance.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:27 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I only bring the best stick out tongue

I would also like to nominate a category for the best picks that have never won a tourney.

You know those picks that should be for all purposes great picks but for some reason people can not seem to get that elusive win with them.

A lot of those types of things would be especially hard, because I don't have a full list of every draft pick, amalgam, etc. Just the winning team, and whatever else I happen to remember. To do that there'd be a lot more tracking down to do.

So a good idea, and you can even do it if you want, but I'll be doing "easier" categories first.

To MM and Kandy: Probably not guys. Just not newsworthy stuff. I feel like JJJ telling Parker to bring him better pics or something.

cool

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:31 AM
King Kandy

I think I could win that, a lot of people in Darthgoober's tourney were saying I had the best Amalgam.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:33 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

To MM and Kandy: Probably not guys. Just not newsworthy stuff. I feel like JJJ telling Parker to bring him better pics or something.

cool

My loss was brought up for months afterwards,and is still used as an insult.

i demand recompence!!!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:35 AM
Smurph
------

I think you should make the categories:

Most Ambitious Tourney
Best Tourney Newcomer
Best Tourney Sigs
Most revolutionary tourney ideas

Also include a link to the respect thread.

Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

A lot of those types of things would be especially hard, because I don't have a full list of every draft pick, amalgam, etc. Just the winning team, and whatever else I happen to remember. To do that there'd be a lot more tracking down to do.

So a good idea, and you can even do it if you want, but I'll be doing "easier" categories first.

cool
Alright I'll make a quick list of people I know should do well.

Digi
Forum Leader

All good ideas Smurph. Thanks.

And have fun nj.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 05:37 AM