KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Why are threads closed due to one a-hole member?

Why are threads closed due to one a-hole member?
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by botankus
Damn, I come back after a few days off and Whirly sneaks in the GDF gates up a Trojan Horse's ass.

He had a lot of socks. I think a hole draw full.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 05:21 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Holy crap, are you without even the basic ability to be appreciative? I'm working my damn hardest here. Show some goddam gratitude.

Honestly, some of you people. Your atittude is truly shameful. We work damn hard and never get a thanks, only a 'why are't you working faster'.

Idiot.
I love when Ush lays the smack down! thumb up

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:14 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

I personally think the Mods do a good job here. Its not as if its all flooded with hoards of daft threads is it.

Can someone please tell me what a friggin "sock" is. (not the ones you wear)

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:51 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I personally think the Mods do a good job here. Its not as if its all flooded with hoards of daft threads is it.

Can someone please tell me what a friggin "sock" is. (not the ones you wear)

A sock is this: Say I got banned, which happened once, but say I got permanantly banned. Then, I go and open a new account with a new username. So, instead of Tired Hiker, I am now DopeBoy315. You see . . . . DopeBoy315 is a sock!

In other words, a Sock is another account for someone who already has an account, be it that they are banned or not.

And people usually create socks after they get banned so they can come in here and troll around and annoy people.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:56 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by botankus
Damn, I come back after a few days off and Whirly sneaks in the GDF gates up a Trojan Horse's ass.

I agree with Alpha Centauri; since he's so desperate to make threads, he should be given a second chance,

I bet in real life Whirly is one fool you don't wanna cross, porque of his apparent tendency to hold a burning grudge.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:00 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I agree with Alpha Centauri; since he's so desperate to make threads, he should be given a second chance,

I bet in real life Whirly is one fool you don't wanna cross, porque of his apparent tendency to hold a burning grudge.

could you perhaps explain that again, except this time use logic?

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:02 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Schecter
could you perhaps explain that again, except this time use logic?

Remember that AC once said that since he's so desperate to post that he dedicates all his free time to making socks, why not just give him a chance to have another real account?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:04 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Remember that AC once said that since he's so desperate to post that he dedicates all his free time to making socks, why not just give him a chance to have another real account?

because its already been done several times and hasnt worked.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:07 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

That is so true. laughing

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:08 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

When he went into Princess Diana mode that one time, it was pretty clear that he was beyond the point of recovery.

Now where's Whob been?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:23 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

+1

Quiero Mota, for your information: when saying "because of" something, you're supposed to say "a causa de," not "porque."
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I love when Ush lays the smack down! thumb up

Are you done swinging off of Ushgarak's nuts, or do you need a few more minutes?

And that was hardly "smack down."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 07:54 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
+1

Quiero Mota, for your information: when saying "because of" something, you're supposed to say "a causa de," not "porque."

Are you done swinging off of Ushgarak's nuts, or do you need a few more minutes?

And that was hardly "smack down."

It wasn't meant to offend you, pull your panties out of your vag.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 08:03 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still hangin' loose, I see.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 09:28 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

It's a Mexican thing, we speak bastardized Spanish. Porque = why/because.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 09:57 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Still hangin' loose, I see.

Had I known your feelings would be this hurt . . . sad

Now I'd like to take a moment to commend Backfire for his sense of humor and his diligent moderating skills. Storm, great mod, very fair and friendly, tough as nails when need be. I'd also like to say thank you to the rest of the mods for all their hard work that goes unnoticed, especially Ush who is always right.

Okay, Zeal, I'm done now.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 10:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll get that put on a t-shirt.

With regards to the thread topic- I concur with Backfire, I'm not sure where threads are being closed due to one guy; we actively try to avoid that. Normally it takes a group of idiots to ruin a thread, and even then closing it is a shame. Where was being referred to?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 10:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I don't think Ush is always right...though I guess he is often.

I must say I enjoyed the modding of the GDF in the last year very much. It was very free.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 10:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think Ush is always right...though I guess he is often.

I must say I enjoyed the modding of the GDF in the last year very much. It was very free.

Yeah, I enjoyed the modding as well, much better than in 2004 when I got banned, but then again I probably deserved it.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 10:37 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Yeah, I enjoyed the modding as well, much better than in 2004 when I got banned, but then again I probably deserved it.

I accept 50% of my bans as justified no expression

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 10:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

nobody is always right, and anyone who sayes "_____ is always right" is either married or needs to be slapped.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 10:43 PM