KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » James Bond vs Jason Bourne

James Bond vs Jason Bourne
Started by: =Tired Hiker=

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
Not sure about the Bourne movies being better than Batman begins, I subscribe to the rest of the post though.

It was a hypothetical, I could have said Forrest Gump beats up Bourne, if someoner were to think the former was a better movie.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Robtard
It was a hypothetical, I could have said Forrest Gump beats up Bourne, if someoner were to think the former was a better movie.
I know. I agreed with that. But you seem to say that Bourne is the better movie including Begins.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42
I know. I agreed with that. But you seem to say that Bourne is the better movie including Begins.

Wasn't my intention to give my opinion on which is better. But yes, the Bournes were better than Batman begins; we're really splitting hairs though, as Batman Begins is a good F'ing movie.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 09:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Robtard
Wasn't my intention to give my opinion on which is better. But yes, the Bournes were better than Batman begins; we're really splitting hairs though, as Batman Begins is a good F'ing movie.
Fair enough.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 09:49 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

In my opinion the only instance Bourne wins in Hand to Hand only.

With gadgets or even just guns my vote goes to Bond.

I lol'ed and Bourne accusing Bond of copying. That would be like Warhammer suing Tolkien for LotR, lol. Bourne is a spawn of Bond, nothing more, and it never will be more.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 10:00 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Besides Bourne and Bond being (super) government agents, where are the similaries?

Completely different books.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 10:04 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Subtle but there, none the less. I can pretty much guarnetee any Spy like character created after the late 60's or early 70's is based if only loosely on Bond.

As my English teacher told me:

"Everything, is base on something"

Truly, there's no such thing as an original idea.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 01:18 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by EvilAngel
Subtle but there, none the less. I can pretty much guarnetee any Spy like character created after the late 60's or early 70's is based if only loosely on Bond.

As my English teacher told me:

"Everything, is base on something"

Truly, there's no such thing as an original idea.

Couldn't they be based off whatever spy-like character came before Flemming penned Bond?

So Winnie the Poo is based off Balu from the Jungle Book , afterall, they're both fictional bears.

What about the original idea?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 03:01 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I don't know of a Spy character that predates Bond. It's entirely possible, but I'm just saying i do not know of one. Flemming got the majority of his idea's from his work in WWII.

Lol, now now, no need for sarcasm.

Original idea being, the Spy(Or assassin in this instance) who can do all these things, has all these skills, and all the webs of confusion that is politics and the secrets of government etc...

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 03:08 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Jason Bourne is the more realistic version and I consider it the Bond for Adults! stick out tongue

Anyway, overall, I would say Bourne is superior.

Intelligence
I would think Bourne is a hell lot smarter than Bond. This is a guy who started with NO memory to working out everything by himself. He doesn't have any fancy agency telling him info, he gathers all intelligence by himself (and through very clever means I might add).
Also, Bourne doesnt have any of the fancy gadgets that Bond has, hes a very adaptive person and will make do with anything.

Hand to Hand
Theres no need to discuss this. Anyone who has ever watched a Bourne movie will know he is in a different league to Bond in this department. Not to mention most of the people Bourne fights are top class assassins that are highly trained in fighting almost aswell as he is, but he always manages to get the edge.

Weapon Efficiency
Bond has been shown to use guns more often as Bourne. I guess its not really his style. But one should not forget the scene in the Bourne Identity in which Bourne bags a headshot while free falling from a great height. I don't think Bond has any feat to top that.
Also, Bourne can use almost any item lying around as a weapon.

Durability
Bourne is also far superior in this category. This is a person who walks away from a high speed car crash AFTER being shot in the back, and after that he is chased by police and even takes them out effortlessly despite his injuries.

In addition, he also walked away after falling from many stories (even though he had a human cushion).

And finally I'd like to add that if James Bond ever faced the enemies Bourne faced he'd be dead very soon. How often has Bond been caught but left to live? He usually gets caught, then the villain explains his evil schemes. Finally when the villain tries to kill bond by using a comical way, it always gets foiled.
Bourne's enemies have no interest of capturing him, there is always a kill order on him.

Bond has gotten used to the "luxuries" of his providing agency, he wouldnt survive in the underworld like Bourne did.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 12:47 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote