KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-1; Devil Lance vs Tony Stark

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-1; Devil Lance vs Tony Stark
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ExodusCloak

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94
Votes for Devil Lance: 8
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy

Votes for Tony Stark: 1
Symmetric Chaos?

Seems Tony Stark decided not to post or wasn't aware of the match despite my reminders.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
DL for obvious reasons.

Votes for Devil Lance: 9
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy
Symmetric Chaos

Votes for Tony Stark: 0

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 11:22 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Votes for Devil Lance: 9
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy
Symmetric Chaos

Votes for Tony Stark: 0

Thanks. Always good to know people are there to help. smile

Anyway this match will last until the next match is posted tomorrow, so Tony Stark may still show up.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 11:24 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

even though he is not here to say it, what if I or anyone else believes starks characters can't be defeated by his opponent?

if it was the joker vs galactus and the representative for galan didn't show, joker wins?

I shouldn't vote until this is cleared up.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:23 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by psycho gundam
even though he is not here to say it, what if I or anyone else believes starks characters can't be defeated by his opponent?

if it was the joker vs galactus and the representative for galan didn't show, joker wins?

I shouldn't vote until this is cleared up.

Under Evangel's "Assume the minimum" rule/suggestion, we'd be obligated to vote for Galactus. If the person was dumb enough to just draft Joker, I'd say they deserved it anyway.

Fortunately, there aren't many occurrences of that in this tourney. Pretty much everyone can beat everyone else if the other team does nothing.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 03:21 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

too bad tony was a no show, his character seemed to have the edge imo...

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 04:00 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thats what I'm saying

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 04:02 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

If feel that at the bare minimum, without the need for Tony to debate, that his team is above Devil Lance's team, then vote for Tony Stark.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:12 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Devil Lance
DL battle #2 plan

Prep
My prep for this match is almost the same as last round

At the beging my team will form a mind link and King Hawk gives my team mind blocks

King hawk will take off his wings but leave his nth metal harness on since he doesn’t need the wings to fly.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...V4042page06.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/...V4042page07.jpg

FS will create a suit of unbreakable Promethium armor for King Hawk to wear

FS will then create 4 layers of nth metal armor for himself and then a lwayer of promethium armor
Now to prove that King Hawk would let him do this consider these facts
King Hawk has never met Doom or Gladiator
The information my team will receive about our opponents (names and powers) will show that Doom uses dark magic and sorcery. Now as we all know Hawkman’s fmailly hasn’t had the greatest experienecs with evil sorcery with their encounters with Mordru and the hell he put Carter’s son through . So Hawkman will be more likely to not care if FS goes all out.
Hawkman has Known FS for years and has worked with FS countless times before. He trusts Ronnie.
Hawkman knows that Ronnie will have Dr. Stein to advise him and keep him from doing anything stupid
This is a life and death battle

So King Hawk will let FS use the nth metal

Next FS will create 20 Superman constructs simillar to what he does here

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._icestatue1.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._icestatue2.jpg

Except instead of ice they will be made out of Promethium
And as we see here it takes FS a very short time to create promethium
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...tos/fs_jla3.jpg

Lastly FS will create a flash light construct to light up the darkened cave and then create a forcefield construct for King Hawk to stay in
And then he will take 5 Superman Promethium constructs with him to the other side of the cavern to wait for Tony’s team and leve the other 15 to protect King Hawk.

I am curious on how you plan to do all this to do this with only 15 minutes of only battlefield prep.

Mind link in the beginning?
Build a large flash light construct?
4 layers of protective nth metal?
Build an indestructible suit of promentium?
20 Superman promethium constucts?

All this within 15 minutes?

vs

-Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body
-36 hours prep in lab
-(Extensive knowledge of all opponents including strengths and weaknesses)

Not that I am trying to take sides, but I would like to know if you really think 15 minutes is really enough to beat and counter whatever Doom has in store for you?

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 14th, 2008 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:15 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Under Evangel's "Assume the minimum" rule/suggestion, we'd be obligated to vote for Galactus. If the person was dumb enough to just draft Joker, I'd say they deserved it anyway.

Fortunately, there aren't many occurrences of that in this tourney. Pretty much everyone can beat everyone else if the other team does nothing.

Even if Tony Stark doesn't show up, you'd still have to assume the minimum for his team. Assume the minimum of what Dr. Doom can do in Gladiator's body with 36 hours prep his lab and extensive knowledge (powers , power levels, and weakneses). Same goes for all teams in the tournament even if the person doesn't show up.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 14th, 2008 at 02:32 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:22 PM
Creshosk

The minimum of what can be done is nothing. Because its always possible to do ... nothing.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:41 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Creshosk
The minimum of what can be done is nothing. Because its always possible to do ... nothing.

The minimum of what would Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body, with 36 hours prep and extensive knowledge of his opponent, do is nothing?

How does that work? confused

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 14th, 2008 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:46 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

mathematically speaking, the minimum will always start at zero, or in other words doing nothing. The possibility exists.

Realistic? No, but still valid

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 05:51 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

The minimum of what would Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body, with 36 hours prep and extensive knowledge of his opponent, do is nothing?

How does that work? confused

Sure is.

Doom could chill and do absolutely nothing for thirty six hours.

Or maybe he'd go bang Morgan Le Fay again?

*shrug*

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 05:58 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I am not talking about mathematically. I am talking realistically. Doom would not waste 36 hours prep, especially when the motivation is anything he desires. Not to mention it wouldn't be in character.

Not that I think Devil Lance couldn't win (not at all), but I am starting to wonder if some of you are actually voting just because Devil Lance is posted and Tony Stark didn't. People still have to take into account the initial teams and potential prep to start with.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 06:19 PM
Devil Lance
DL

I am curious on how you plan to do all this to do this with only 15 minutes of only battlefield prep.

Mind link in the beginning?
Build a large flash light construct?
4 layers of protective nth metal?
Build an indestructible suit of promentium?
20 Superman promethium constucts?

All this within 15 minutes?

vs

-Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body
-36 hours prep in lab
-(Extensive knowledge of all opponents including strengths and weaknesses)

Not that I am trying to take sides, but I would like to know if you really think 15 minutes is really enough to beat and counter whatever Doom has in store for you?

Oh sure you're not Evangel you're not taking sides at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jeez It takes FS less han seconds to make clothes for himself I showed that in my first match once FS sees how something works he can manipulate anything else into it easilly.

On the whole superman thing I've showed that FS was able to put the superman constructs back together in seconds.

you really don't know what the heck you're talking about

Anywys Tony Stark hasn't disproven any of my claims stop trying to do so for him.
I know he's one your favorites but jeez roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 06:53 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Oh sure you're not Evangel you're not taking sides at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jeez It takes FS less han seconds to make clothes for himself I showed that in my first match once FS sees how something works he can manipulate anything else into it easilly.

On the whole superman thing I've showed that FS was able to put the superman constructs back together in seconds.

you really don't know what the heck you're talking about

Anywys Tony Stark hasn't disproven any of my claims stop trying to do so for him.
I know he's one your favorites but jeez roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know your saying this only because in a tournament everyone is under pressure to win, so I am going to let what you just said go.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 14th, 2008 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 07:11 PM
Devil Lance
DL

I know your saying this only because in a tournament everyone is pressured to win, so I am going to let what you just said go.

No I'm just saying you were doing Tony's job for him a bit there

It's Tony's job to debate me not yours

but whatever

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 07:16 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

No I'm just saying you were doing Tony's job for him a bit there

It's Tony's job to debate me not yours

but whatever

You do not want to go into this Devil Lance, so I suggest you drop it.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 07:17 PM
Devil Lance
DL

You do not want to go into this Devil Lance, so I suggest you drop it.

okay then.......

consider it dropped mam

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 07:26 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll actually side with DL here. Evangel, you made the rule and posted it for everyone, so we're aware of it, but our votes are still ours. It's hard for me, or anyone, to design prep for Doom on our own...so I can imagine some things, but basically if there's a coherent plan to counter it (there is, since DL did an admirable job) I'll find it hard to vote against them based off of my guesses about what Doom might do. We can make some low-level assumptions based on our knowledge, but without deep research I can't go any further with any character, regardless of their prep potential.

I'm also not in the business of rewarding people for not showing up. The ethic of tourney responsibility we've been trying to foster would seem to endorse such thinking. If one team clearly is better than the other, I will vote accordingly. I expect others would too. But the gap, in this case, is not nearly so wide.

I intend this respectfully, because I understand what Evangel is saying with respect to the potential prep of Doom. But I can't use that to justify a vote the other way.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 14th, 2008 at 08:41 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 08:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote