KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman R.I.P

Batman R.I.P
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
super pr*xy

was all this in the cartoon? or did they make a comic book for that? cause i seriously don't remeber any of that in the cartoon. i have to buy the BB dvd now. you guys got me curious... and my wallet suffers when i'm curious... (insert hooker joke here.)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 06:12 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

was reading the april 2008 "edition" (couldn't come up with the actual word) of wizard. there is an article printed about the final crisis... it's an interview of jones and morrison i think. there was a mention of this too. they said that what's in store for batman isn't as simple as death. it's something bigger. that death would be the last thing on his mind.

could i just say... bruce is f***ed. in good way, maybe? time will reveal...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 03:05 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

As long as in the end we still have Bruce as the bat it's all good

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 09:30 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by super pr*xy
was all this in the cartoon? or did they make a comic book for that? cause i seriously don't remeber any of that in the cartoon. i have to buy the BB dvd now. you guys got me curious... and my wallet suffers when i'm curious... (insert hooker joke here.)
1st you should see Return of the Joker movie & then you should see the "epilogue" episode of JLU

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 02:32 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

which season?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 04:00 AM
KMC's Superboy
Boy Of Steel

i always think of
Clark, Bruce and Diana when think of comics
batman is bruce
clark is superman
diana is wonderwomen
flash will change so will gl but bats supes ad WW are concetent they cant chage tey wont

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 06:30 AM
KMC's Superboy is currently offline Click here to Send KMC's Superboy a Private Message Find more posts by KMC's Superboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Dgw2007
i always think of
Clark, Bruce and Diana when think of comics
batman is bruce
clark is superman
diana is wonderwomen
flash will change so will gl but bats supes ad WW are concetent they cant chage tey wont

You see, that's something I don't think I'd ever understand...

Batman could pass the torch if need be...

Wonder Woman, too, could pass the torch to a new Amazon if need be...

Superman is the only one that would be too difficult to replace... He's the LAST of his kind, remember, so the only way it would work is to clone him (done already), or have an android replace him (done already)...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 04:03 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Passing the torch would be great if the majority of the Batfans could handle it
which season?
It was either the last season or the one right b4 it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 11:14 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC's Superboy
Boy Of Steel

Originally posted by Bat Dude
You see, that's something I don't think I'd ever understand...

Batman could pass the torch if need be...

Wonder Woman, too, could pass the torch to a new Amazon if need be...

Superman is the only one that would be too difficult to replace... He's the LAST of his kind, remember, so the only way it would work is to clone him (done already), or have an android replace him (done already)...

yes that is true but i would never want to replace them
batman could be replaced by todd, dick, or tim
WW could be replaced by cassie or donna
Superman is more difficult i would hope conner could be brought back
but i would hope not

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 04:57 AM
KMC's Superboy is currently offline Click here to Send KMC's Superboy a Private Message Find more posts by KMC's Superboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

batman and wonder woman can be replaced. we've seen it. superman however... that's s different story. i don't think anybody can take his mantle. he' one and only.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 05:03 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Now that I think about it, I am actually quite surprised they do not pass the mantle every 20 years or so considering Batman is a human being and not an alien like Superman.

But w/ev the case, I cannot see anyone else taking Batman's place. However, I am not saying it is not pull-offable (See Capt. America).

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 01:58 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

plus with 52 universes, DC can retcon anytime they wanted to.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 06:34 AM
The Mean Queen
Queen Of all you see

Originally posted by Dgw2007
yes that is true but i would never want to replace them
batman could be replaced by todd, dick, or tim
WW could be replaced by cassie or donna
Superman is more difficult i would hope conner could be brought back
but i would hope not
i agree

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 06:40 PM
The Mean Queen is currently offline Click here to Send The Mean Queen a Private Message Find more posts by The Mean Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

batman and wonder woman can be replaced. we've seen it. superman however... that's s different story. i don't think anybody can take his mantle. he' one and only.

But the books failed and DC had to fix things.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 24th, 2008 07:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

DC had to fix a lot of things. the death of superman, for one. that was probably the biggest gimick that angered the fans.

and does anybody else think that the multiverse was brought back for DCs convenience? it is an easy way out...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 06:45 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

DC had to fix a lot of things. the death of superman, for one. that was probably the biggest gimick that angered the fans.

and does anybody else think that the multiverse was brought back for DCs convenience? it is an easy way out...

Which is what will happen once DC decides and kills Bruce Wayne. After several months of trying to establish Dick Grayson as the Batman, DC will retcon it and Bruce will be back.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 07:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Of KOOL!

They cant kill Batman

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 08:17 PM
King Of KOOL! is currently offline Click here to Send King Of KOOL! a Private Message Find more posts by King Of KOOL! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by King Of KOOL!
They cant kill Batman

QFT

Old Post Mar 25th, 2008 10:17 PM
OB1-adobe

maybe bruce doesn't die.

It just occured to me as a possiblility, but............

what do you think guys?

Bruce decides Not to be Batman anymore?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 03:28 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

They definitely won't kill him. Batfanboys would fvcking riot. If they did they'd have him show up to save the day w/a full beard. Conveniently, the one that got killed was an impostor. Then they plug in lil' cutscenes of "Bruce" returning after a his last battle a year ago w/Ra's or something. Everybody starts remembering how weird he's been acting right afterwards.

Supes: Hey. How'd your fight w/Ra's go?
Bats: None of your fvcking business, bit<h!
*Supes thinks 'Bruce's even more of a meanie than usual. What's wrong w/him?'*

A few months later he's sparring w/Nightwing & getting his @ss whooped.
Nightwing: Man, you really are off today. I've never seen you like this. Something wrong?
Bruce: Yeah. Tired from fvcking ya mom last night, DICK! How's that?
NW:Bruce, that hurts.
Bruce: That's what SHE said!
NW: Not cool, Bruce. You of all people should have respect for the dead. *Walks out of room thinking 'Bruce's even more of an @sshole than usual. What's wrong w/him?'*

Another day
*Bruce spots Hawkman & GL Hal flying & flags them down.*
B:Hawkman, just wanted to tell you there's nothing good about what you do or who you are. You give new meaning to the term dead weight. The entire team hates you. You should try to be more like Hal. Hal's the coolest muthafvcka on the team. He sets the standard for all of us.
*Bats leaves & they fly away.
HM: Man, he's more of a prick than usual today.
GL: Nah. I thought he was nice today. I think me & him are gonna be good friends from now on.
HM: Shut up!
GL: No, you shut up!

The team feels silly for not being able to tell it wasn't really Bruce. They all tell him how glad they are that he's back & it's back to usual. The last page has Dick taking off the Batsuit & giving it to Bruce
D:This belongs to you

The fanboys stop rioting & go back to their normal lives big grin

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 28th, 2008 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 06:07 PM