KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman R.I.P

Batman R.I.P
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
maybe bruce doesn't die.

It just occured to me as a possiblility, but............

what do you think guys?

Bruce decides Not to be Batman anymore?

That would actually be a pretty kool concept... *imagines what it would be like*

It would have to be planned months in advance... It would have to be gradual...

Something VERY tragic would have to happen to the guy who would become the new Batman (preferably Grayson) It would leave him cold and bitter inside...

Meanwhile, Bruce would be slowing down... Something would be making him slower, weaker, less able... He would look in the mirror one day, and realize he can't handle it anymore... He sees the face of his father and mother, and they tell him that he has been thinking about Gotham all his life, and that now he must start thinking about himself... He tells everyone that he'll be retiring...

Bruce: I've done all I can. I can't be doing this forever. They've been trying to tell me this for a long time. I'm only human. My crusades are killing me. As much as I hate to say it, I can't be doing this forever. It's time for someone else to handle the burden.

*panel of Bruce leaving the cave, with Richard Grayson, alone, in the dark, cold cave that is now his home* (Think how Kay left Michael in his father's study in Godfather Part I)

Not exactly "picture perfect transition", but I haven't thought up the specifics of the story...

Just an idea...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 07:46 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

A great one too. But it won't work 'cuz they can't handle it

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 04:39 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Is that not similar to the concept of 'The Dark Knight Returns'?

But yeah. You cannot kill Batman.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 05:21 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Is that not similar to the concept of 'The Dark Knight Returns'?

But yeah. You cannot kill Batman.

I assume you mean you cannot kill Bruce Wayne?

Cuz Batman goes far beyond just Bruce Wayne...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 08:56 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Originally posted by Bat Dude
I assume you mean you cannot kill Bruce Wayne?

Cuz Batman goes far beyond just Bruce Wayne...

Yes, my mistake.

The more I read about this event, the more I just want them to kill Bruce Wayne already. I do not think the Batman series has ever had a Holocaust-like event happen to it. You know? Something like the story of Superman dying and ruining the series in the process. When Bruce dies and they retcon it, we can finally get it out of the way.

After that, it will be nothing but smooooooth sailing. Somebody shoot Frank Miller already though.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 03:01 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

batman has basically been against all of the villains and held his own, who could kill him?

that aside I think him dying while sad, it would be a good idea it would give the comic book universe a more realastic feel...especially since he's been the same age for 50 years or something

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 10:30 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supercomixking

Cool

People really wont except a batman other than Bruce. They have done this crap so many times already you wold think they would be sick of it by now. Remember that nutcase azbats, and dick has been batman more then once by now. They keep coming up with stupid ways to "end Bruce Wayne as batman" but it never works. As soon as that suit gets put on someone else the fans stop buying after the novelty fades. If they kill him off they will just wind up pissing everyone off. The thing is if they try to make the "new batman" similar to Bruce the fans will reject him as a clone and say that there was no point in killing Bruce. On the other hand if the new guy is in anyway unlike Bruce they will despise him as an impostor. Tim is just to young, the idea of a teenage batman that doesn't live in the future seems laughable. Dick, (though great as nightwing) would fall into the clone category and would be the equivalent of a dumber version of Bruce. Not to knock dick's intelligence but Bruce is a freakin genious and master of understanding the criminal mind.
Anyone else would be an outsider, and rejected on those grounds. The bottom line being that as soon as the novelty of the new batman fades the fans will get sick of him and quit reading the comic. The reason for all of this being that no one can measure up to Bruce, he sets the standards too high. I have no doubt that if they killed him they would eventually bring him back. And if he quit, he would eventually wind up as batman again. But this crap has already been done to death. Why cant the idiots at DC learn that no one can replace Bruce Wayne as batman. Besides Bruce is the only one driven enough not to let being batman drive him crazy. Which by the way is the third possibility to what might happen to him. If Alfred turns out to be the mastermind behind the murder of the waynes and of all of this business now Bruce might just end up in arkham. nd the same goes for if it turns out to be Thomas Wayne, but personally i think that would ruin the series forever! Both of Bruce's parents need to have been murdered by joe chill. Also there are so many ways to have your wife killed without traumatizing your son and abandoning your life and fortune. If it is him, that's some pretty lousy writing. mad rolling on floor laughing miffed no What the f**k?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2008 11:39 PM
supercomixking is currently offline Click here to Send supercomixking a Private Message Find more posts by supercomixking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678

that aside I think him dying while sad, it would be a good idea it would give the comic book universe a more realastic feel...especially since he's been the same age for 50 years or something

Blasphemy I say. Blasphemy!!!!!! mad

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 04:27 AM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supercomixking

Sleep

Actually he does age but it's at the pace of a snail. Think about it, when dick first became robin he was an underage brat, now he's at least in his mid twenties. So there is no way that bruce would still be the same age as he was way back in the 1950's, he'd need to be in his mid to late fourties or possibly early fifties.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 05:20 PM
supercomixking is currently offline Click here to Send supercomixking a Private Message Find more posts by supercomixking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Batman R.I.P.?

OVERRATED AND OVER PRETENTIOUS!

There I said it.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 05:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jugglenaut
Kain fanboys? ROFL

Wow at 681 and its ending.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The Black Glove is a nobody and Hurt = Thomas Wayne = Mangrove Pierce?
At least Damien knocks Joker over a cliff with a car. LOL

Last edited by Jugglenaut on Nov 26th, 2008 at 06:24 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 06:11 PM
Jugglenaut is currently offline Click here to Send Jugglenaut a Private Message Find more posts by Jugglenaut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Batman R.I.P.?

OVERRATED AND OVER PRETENTIOUS!

There I said it.

AGREED

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 27th, 2008 03:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Why get rid of Bruce? sad I don't think he should stop being the batman

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 11:39 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by supercomixking
Actually he does age but it's at the pace of a snail. Think about it, when dick first became robin he was an underage brat, now he's at least in his mid twenties. So there is no way that bruce would still be the same age as he was way back in the 1950's, he'd need to be in his mid to late fourties or possibly early fifties.

Early. Fifties...
Right.
I'd imagine Bruce is probably still in his late thirties, actually. He was in his 20s when he first became Batman and now Dick is presumably in his 20s, so I imagine that'd be about right...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 04:15 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

****. I just heard Grant Morrison talking about Batman genuinely being dead. Stupid ****ers. How long's this shit going to last? I guess I'll just ignore Batman for a while before those twats piss around, before bringing Bruce back.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 08:25 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules
Why get rid of Bruce? sad I don't think he should stop being the batman

I don't think he is even dead!!!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 08:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I mean get rid of him as in get rid of him as batman...not get rid of him as in killing him off, sorry I wasn't very clear

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 08:57 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Well that's another classic comic book figure ruined by writers who spent to much time up there own ass, and thought they could do whatever they want with the character...now i just have to wait for Wayne's return until i pick up another Batman title.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 09:06 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

There's a chance he may not return as batman...I was surprised by what happened

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 09:25 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by steverules
There's a chance he may not return as batman...I was surprised by what happened

If he doesn't return as Batman, then perhaps as Azreal or even a brand new Batman type character

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 10:02 PM