KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Potter splits in two

Potter splits in two
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Potter splits in two

The last Harry potter movie will be split into two parts (now thats justice) The first part in Nov 2010 and part two six monthes later .

Happy Dance

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7293513.stm

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:37 AM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I don't really see how that's good. I'd rather not be left dangling.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 01:06 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

They haven't cared about leaving out details up to now. Last movie, last chance for money. Why not try to double it, amirite?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of two movies. I just wish they had done it to all the movies since PoA.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Last edited by Barker on Mar 13th, 2008 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 05:29 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Running Mascara
Keeping My Distance

They should have.. the last movie seemed too rushed yes

Thnx Disturbed Angel!! love

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 11:12 PM
Running Mascara is currently offline Click here to Send Running Mascara a Private Message Find more posts by Running Mascara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a good idea to try out. People these days need/want more screen time for some reason.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 02:39 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I posted on this in the DH Information thread, so here's what I put there :

David Yates WILL be directing DH, which will be split into two parts. The first part will be released in November of 2010, and the second part will be released in May of 2011.

"Producer David Heyman said the decision was made with some anxiety and only after considerable deliberations. The producer joked that "while my wife and Warner Brothers were pleased" to hear that the Potter movie magic will continue into the next decade, he himself fretted that the cynical observers would see the decision as a purely mercenary move.

"I swear to you it was born out of purely creative reasons," Heyman said during an interview in a converted airplane factory outside London that has been home base to all of the "Potter" productions. "Unlike every other book, you cannot remove elements of this book. You can remove scenes of Ron playing quidditch from the fifth book, and you can remove Hermione and S.P.E.W. [Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare] and those subplots . . . but with the seventh, that can't be done."

Heyman said he approached Rowling with some trepidation about the strategy but found that she signed off on its logic rather quickly. "I went to Jo and she was cool with it," Heyman said, "and that was quite a relief.""

Courtesy Mugglenet.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 08:31 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C Teng

Yeah, they can't cut out that many scenes.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 08:34 PM
C Teng is currently offline Click here to Send C Teng a Private Message Find more posts by C Teng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

2011? How old will Radcliffe be? Sorry if I misspelled the name

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 04:30 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

He's 18 right now, with a late July birthday. He'll be *calculates* turning 21 the summer after Part 2 comes out.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 04:33 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

One of the things that made me think they rushed The Order of The Phoenix is because of Daniel's age, I'm worried they rush Half-Blood Prince and hence, Deathly Hallows.

But it seems ok, he's not that old

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 04:52 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Is Bill Yates the one who directed the fifth movie? Because if he is, BOO-YA!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 03:41 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jammy1

Till now ,last part5 was not so good .Earlier parts were good .Hope next part would be good.

MP4

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 11:43 AM
jammy1 is currently offline Click here to Send jammy1 a Private Message Find more posts by jammy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

This is badass. I'm excited.

I'm assuming they'll film the two parts together?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 10:42 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Where will the first film cut off?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 06:50 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KMC's Superboy
Boy Of Steel

i bet that they will brake at shell cotage or when they leave the dragon

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 10:18 PM
KMC's Superboy is currently offline Click here to Send KMC's Superboy a Private Message Find more posts by KMC's Superboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Where will the first film cut off?

I think it'll cut off at Shell Cottage, because that is a place of semi-rest before all the chaos begins again. Also, that would allow literally most of the second part to focus on the Hogwarts battle and the Harry/Voldemort scenes.

At least, that's what I think would be the best, cinematically. It's a "Time of Rest" between one action filled part and another - the eye of the storm. I don't think they'd leave us hanging straight in the middle of action.

*thinking* So basically, that would be the going to Gringotts to collect the cup, then Harry finding out about the tiara still at Hogwarts, going to Hogsmeade and the part with Aberforth and Adriana, and then it'd be Hogwarts from there on out.

I'm wondering if they're going to film the epilogue, though. I kind of hope not, but if they do, how cool would it be to use the original trio actors and just make-up them to be older? Tres cool. smile

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 02:17 AM
steverules
The doctor

I am suprised that last one is going to be split into two...OOTP was a longer book than book 7 and that remained as one film....but I guess since it'll be the last movie they don't wanna miss anything out

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 08:41 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I think the epilogue will play out better on film than it did in the book. It seemed cheesy in the book, but I think given certain visuals, it might do well in the movie, especially if the young actors are made up or adult actors really look like them. It's rewarding to the audience to see the kids grow up, so it may be a really popular scene.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2008 02:53 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

I'm glad their doing this! It's a good way to end it off and still have people intrested. Hopefully they keep to their word and stick to the book this time. yes

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2008 11:38 PM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

They should have filmed the last two movie's together rather than splitting the last movie into two. That would have made more sense, unless they plan on adding additional material into the last movie which wasn't in the book, there really is no call for it. The last book is about as long as the first and second books. There doesnt seem to be much material that warrants five hours of film. If the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th books only received one movie and they were the largest books why give the last one two movie's? Filming the last two movie's in conjunction would have made perfect sense, seeing how the actors are nearly full grown adults now. I, however, am not going to complain. I know it is only for money, but i greatly enjoy the movie's and as long as the remaining movie's turn out to be as good in quality as the first five i will pay the price of admission, excitedly.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2008 09:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote