KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-3; Papa Smurph vs King Kandy

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-3; Papa Smurph vs King Kandy
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

What did he say?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:27 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I agreed with what he said. >_>

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:29 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
What did he say?
He's going around telling people they fail.
Originally posted by id369
I agreed with what he said. >_>

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:30 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Badabing
He's going around telling people they fail.

OMG how horrible!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:31 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I edited his post because he was bashing KK.

Perhaps it would have been better to let Psycho Gundam say what he wanted to say this one time, then give him a very stern warning, instead of outright editing his post. Editing his post may just make him mad and give him the urge to post it outright again.

However this is only my thoughts on the matter, as I too am curious to what he said since he is a tournament participant.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:31 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Evangel94
Perhaps it would have been better to let Psycho Gundam say what he wanted to say this one time, then give him a very stern warning, instead of outright editing his post. That may just make him mad and make him post again.

However this is only my thoughts on the matter, as I too am curious to what he said since he is a tournament participant.
I edited Sleek's post.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:33 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I edited Sleek's post.

Oh sorry. I was confused since you quoted Psycho Gundam. Go ahead and do whatever you want to do when it comes to that useless sad sock.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:34 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Final Thoughts?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:35 PM
Badabing
Karen

Oh sorry. I was confused since you quoted Psycho Gundam. Go ahead and do whatever you want to do when it comes to that useless sad sock.

No problem Evangel94.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:36 PM
Sleek
Restricted

Account Restricted

I edited his post because he was bashing KK.
smile.

Last edited by Badabing on Mar 17th, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:40 PM
Sleek is currently offline Click here to Send Sleek a Private Message Find more posts by Sleek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sleek
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 10:42 PM
Sleek is currently offline Click here to Send Sleek a Private Message Find more posts by Sleek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sleek
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sleek
smile.
Silence whore.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 11:14 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Votes for King Kandy: 10
Zeitgeist
Symmetric Chaos
DigiMark007
Creshosk
Charlotte DeBel
Devil Lance
Symmetric Chaos
id369
Bentley
darthgoober

Votes for Papa Smurph: 1
psycho gundam

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 01:51 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

I don't have a problem with the helmet giving advice to Hector if there is an entity inside. However, possession? You'd have to provide proof that Nabu does that, and two that it is feasible for him to do so in this match with Hector.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 05:06 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Kandy's entire argument about Nabu and the living entities inside of the Helmet being outside interference was null like I said it was.

O well.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 06:31 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Papa Smurph
So Kandy's entire argument about Nabu and the living entities inside of the Helmet being outside interference was null like I said it was.

O well.

I don't mind advisement, but the possession seems like mind control to me.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 18th, 2008 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 08:04 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh it's a thing Nabu has done in the past when he got annoyed with Hector's incompetence.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 08:37 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Final Thoughts: Some of the weirdest tactics I've seen using magic users. Dr. Strange riding giant insects into battle, and Dr. Fate growing to humongous proportions and becoming a giant. Personally, I would like to have seen more time invested in showing more actual spells that both characters have done instead of all this theoretical craziness. Bands of Cytorak, Mystic Energy Bolts, etc. Staying true to what the comic has actually shown is more solid in my book, and gives you a more solid foundation to work with.

The initial strategy of nabu possessing Hall put voters off, and clinched this match for Kandy. However, all is not lost, and Papa Smurph can make some minor tweaks to his prep for a better strategy.

King Kandy goes to the fourth round with 2 straight victories, while Papa Smurph goes to the third round with all those that have a 1-1 record.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 19th, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:59 PM