KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-4; Digimark007 vs Darthgoober

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-4; Digimark007 vs Darthgoober
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

the kick back will be a bytch though.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 08:20 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

For now, my vote goes for Digi.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 08:42 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Various Adaptoid templates don't add anything to the equation, espcially given Surfer's finite power combined with the severe inexperience of Adaptoid at wielding multiple powers at once, including the masterful skill with Surfer's power that he would need to even have a prayer at this.

He can do anything Surfer can do whether he’s got Surfer’s mind or not, what don’t you getting about this…

Originally posted by Evangel94
#6 Each team is allowed only one amalgam. These cannot be pre-existing amalgams from cross-overs. They are your own home-made amalgam. Amalgam combinations from the comics, e.g.Doom/Surfer, will not necessarily be like how they appeared in the comics. Amalgam powers are not cumulative, i.e., merging Wonder Man and Wonder Woman does not give you CL 200 strength; you are simply whoever is the strongest in their respective power categories. You must designate whose mind and body the amalgam possesses. All amalgams will have full knowledge of how to use all their powers .

Like I said toward the beggining: My plan is built upon a solid foundation of established powers. Goober's is sepculating wildly. I can't see how anyone outside of the most irrational Surfer fanboy would believe that he'd make even hundreds of dupes, let alone billions.

I haven’t claimed that I could personally build billions of robots I only made a small fraction in fact(33 to be exact), the billions comes into play because each adaptoid possess the ability to create more just like I do.

Thanks for making my point for me about Thor. Problem is, you don't copy Mjolnir. Other problem is that speed doesn't matter in this fight. You're dead regardless, as has been stated multiple times.

Of course I have Mjolnir, it may be a slightly inferior copy but it DOES have Mjolnir’s basic properties. Hell Adaptoid’s had access those since before he’d actually adapted a physical copy(last panel tells the tale)…
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/...ers04510nc0.jpg

And since then he’s adapted Thor’s powers even further which is demonstrated by the fact that he now has a physical hammer to go along with those powers…
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/...sar04009cj9.jpg

So yeah, I have me a Mjolnir

And of course, he doesn't need to be directly in the blast's path to absorb it:
http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absorb1iu0.jpg
But he can just absorb Surfer's energy as well:
http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfer1wp5.jpg

We're well-defended.

Good that means that I am too.

None of which work for reasons stated earlier.

And this ignores the larger problem of your ludicrous duping plan.

Any of them are viable, ESPECIALLY the tactic of teleporting directly above the gun(where there’s no beam).

If you want to try a frontal assault on a world-busting weapon, be my guest.

But as stated before, this isn't a problem. The Doctor can rebuild it as needed.

Show me a scan of the Doctor continuously repairing something WHILE he’s fending off an assault from someone as powerful as Surfer or Thor.

That's exactly what I'm saying, because you've only shown Mar-Vell healing, and a basic knowledge of powers doesn't = superb experience with the N-Bands.

Basic Knowledge? What does Adaptoid say in the last panel of this scan…
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/...ers04511ie3.jpg

But not Mjolnir, which is where most of his powers are. Next.

Of course I will(as I’ve already shown).

Joking, yes? Reed accessed a universe "way down on the multiversal stack" in order to use a universe without life, since he didn't want to kill anything. He can access any of them.

It also assumes that the gun's firing used up all the energy from that Big Bang, and considering it only took out a chunk of Galactus, and not several galaxies, it's safe to say there's plenty left in that universe.

Seriously, this is just reaching now.

I’m sure he can given sufficient prep time to research(which he had when he made that gun), but where is it stated that he has a complete list of appropriate universes cataloged in his mind just in case he needs to build one again?

The dome extends beneath the Earth. I checked this with Evangel pre-match. There's nowhere for the energy to go. And thus no one to kill but your team, which we've already established will happen.

As for aiming it, Doctor can hold Italy but he can't maneuver a building sized weapon around? Please.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hey I didn’t know that at the time, up till now Evangel’s been referring to it as a dome. But since all I have to do is teleport above your gun and enter your little energy nullification field before beginning my assault it doesn’t matter.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 08:57 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by id369
Ah Digi, touched on some issues that I had noticed. I am not going to vote now, but I will address my concern. It seems that Goob is applying a CBR Silver Surfer. 16,384 SA was already a fanatical number, 6 billion is now touching a vary extremist figgure. I cant buy, either scenario at least not with what I am shown.

I need to emphasize in the difference in rebuilding/fixing and creating.

Creating complex mechanical machinery is one thing. Meaning; look I just created a car, that runs on water out of thin air. - That my friend is creating.

Rebuilding/Fixing is a different ball park all together. Example: I will now transmutation the non working parts of this automobile into working ones. Thus the automobile will be a working one.

You cant mix one with the other, yes at the end they both have a working auto’s; however different means where applied.

The examples given, for creating where nothing more then re-arranging that which was already their. Quasimodo - was already a machine, molecules where re-arranged to improve its body.
A City was laid a waste, and then restored.

You see the examples given to which, he will Create are not the ones suffice to sell his claim.
Justifiably can Silver Adap. create? Yes, however creating a rod embedded with power of cosmic is much simpler then, creating mid herald level android. The rate of his creation will take a huge plunge.

The Reprogramming feat, is not a concrete one either.
Silver Surfer’s blast, by passed the robots shielding. This was in effort to damage a specific sensor. That is not re-programming, that’s more along of sabotage malfunction.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/...rvol3012ti7.jpg

You have to remember that the scans of Surfer involving transmutation and reprogramming weren't to prove that he could do everything on his own. You see when Adaptoid copies someone he gains all their technological knowledge too...
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/...sv128912nj1.jpg

The Surfer scans were to show that he can create and manipulate complex things and reprogram computers, the technical knowledge necessary to create the complex adaptoid bodies and programming come from the Super Adaptoid, Reed Richards, Hank Pym, and the Fixer(whoes templates I accessed BEFORE the creation process began). Surfer provides the tools, the rest provide the know how.

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 18th, 2008 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:07 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Also I just noticed Digi's comment about not being able to see the teleportation scan, so here it is again(let me know if this one's tiny too)...
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/...rsurfer1tl0.jpg

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:11 PM
Starscream M

not voting yet, but I'm leaning heavily towards darthgoober. Digi's plan seems a bit simplistic (nothing wrong with that if effective) but also inflexible, whereas Goober's plan really allows him to react to many different situations imo.

The only way Digi's plan seems to work is if we are to believe the blast takes out Goober's entire army...but when there are 6 BILLION metahumans, the burden of proof on Digi is very high that the blast can get through that. Frankly, I don't see that blast taking out Goober's entire army, in which case according to Goober's calculation.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:17 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Voting Digi. I didn't have any real confidence in either of their plans, but Digi's seemed just a bit more plausible to me.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:34 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Voting for Digi, but question: Digi's team can race the Adaptoids, but who says the blast will fire before they attack?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:36 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Since the amount of time necessary to create an adaptoid is what seems to be in question in everyone's mind, I figured I'd throw a few figures out there to help everyone decide how many there'll be when the match actually starts.

We already have the figures for how many there's going to be if the process takes one minute...
End of 1st minute= 2 Adaptoids(myself, and my creation)
2nd minute= 4 Adaptoids(me and my original creation, plus the adaptoids we both just made).
3rd= 8
4th= 16
5th= 32
6th= 64
7th= 128
8th= 256
9th= 512
10th= 1024
11th= 2048
12th= 4096
13th= 8,192
14th= 16,384

So if the process takes two minutes it'll be...
2 min mark- 2 adaptoids
4min- 4 adaptoids
6- 8 adaptoids
8- 16 adaptoids
10- 32 adaptoids
12- 64 adaptoids
14- 128 adaptoids

For three minutes it would be...
3 minute mark- 2 adaptoids
6- 4 adaptoids
9- 8 adaptoids
12- 16 adaptoids
15- 32 adaptoids

For 4 minutes...
4 minute mark- 2 adaptoids
8- 4 adaptoids
12- 8 adaptoids

For 5 minues...
5 minute mark- 2 adaptoids
10 minute mark- 4 adaptoids
15 minutes- 8 adaptoids

So in order for Digi's claim that I'd only have 4 or 5 adaptoids at the start of the fight, it would actually have to take me OVER 5 minutes to create a SINGLE adaptoid. Even if it took up to 5 minutes, 8 adaptoids is more than sufficient to take out Digi's team when we teleport above the gun and attack them as a group. ESPECIALLY since the Silver Adaptoid himself would be bringing the combined abilities of Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, and Captain America to the table.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:52 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by darthgoober

Even if it took up to 5 minutes, 8 adaptoids is more than sufficient to take out Digi's team when we teleport above the gun and attack them as a group. ESPECIALLY since the Silver Adaptoid himself would be bringing the combined abilities of Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, and Captain America to the table.

but 8 adaptoids would be disintegrated by Digi's megablast. I thought you would win because I can see a couple million Captain America adaptoids forming an impenetrable wall that would take the brunt of the blast...leaving the remaining millions or billions of adaptoids to easily manhandle Digi's team.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:56 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Let's put the nail in the coffin kids. Wasn't sure if I would need to use this, but there's no sense in holding back, and I don't want to leave the match to chance since it's still close:

The only time SA was able to make duplicates was when he had copied Kubik, and possessed a shard of the Cosmic Cube. It was later removed by Kubik, and Goober's SA no longer has access to it.

http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sado8.jpg

Since we've never seen a base-level SA do anything of the sort regarding duplication, this is SA saying that he "desires" progeny....he's definitely not able to make them on his own.

Clearly it has no idea how to re-create itself, and the vaunted minds of various geniuses won't help this time...basically, it would be a miracle if he managed one duplicate in 15 minutes, let alone billions.

End fight.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 18th, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 09:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Master-Borg
but 8 adaptoids would be disintegrated by Digi's megablast. I thought you would win because I can see a couple million Captain America adaptoids forming an impenetrable wall that would take the brunt of the blast...leaving the remaining millions or billions of adaptoids to easily manhandle Digi's team.

It's all a matter of how things pan out in prep. If I'm right and I end up with the 6 billion adaptoids then I'll have no problem absorbing the blast. In a worst case scenario where I only have 8 adaptoids, I won't try to absorb the blast, I'll teleport above the gun itself(between the start of the beam and the force field) and assault Digi's team directly since I've shown that both Surfer and Thor have the reflexes to react to the beam after it's fired. Either way, me and my guys will be fine.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:00 PM
Starscream M

Either way, me and my guys will be fine.
laughing

I hope you have an answer for Digi's pulling out the game-changer card (that SA can't duplicate).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:11 PM
darthgoober

Let's put the nail in the coffin kids. Wasn't sure if I would need to use this, but there's no sense in holding back, and I don't want to leave the match to chance since it's still close:

The only time SA was able to make duplicates was when he had copied Kubik, and possessed a shard of the Cosmic Cube. It was later removed by Kubik, and Goober's SA no longer has access to it.

http://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sado8.jpg

Since we've never seen a base-level SA do anything of the sort regarding duplication, this is SA saying that he "desires" progeny....he's definitely not able to make them on his own.

Clearly it has no idea how to re-create itself, and the vaunted minds of various geniuses won't help this time...basically, it would be a miracle if he managed one duplicate in 15 minutes, let alone billions.

End fight.

Sorry but I'm afraid that's not the end of it. See as you can see in this scan...
(please log in to view the image)
AIM has figured out how to make adaptoids despite having lost the Cosmic Cube so we know it's possible without one(since they didn't have one at the time).

And we know from this scan...
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/...41takingjv7.jpg

That the Super Adaptoid was actually IN CHARGE of the base where they were making the new Adaptoids, so it's a fairly safe to say that he knows how to build one without having a cosmic cube handy.

What's more, as I've already explained I don't NEED even a single extra adaptoid to take your team out. With the powers of the Silver Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, and Captian America at my beck and call it'll be childs play for the Silver Adaptoid to kill your team with ease. Cap's shield backed by the strength of Thor is more than sufficient to decapitate anyone on your team, and since I'd be either as fast as Thor(the fastest person on your team), Captain America, and Mar-Vell put together or the Silver Surfer(whichever would be faster) you're team will be dead before they even know what's happening. All I have to do is teleport above your gun and speedblitz the shit out of you.

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 18th, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:15 PM
darthgoober

laughing

I hope you have an answer for Digi's pulling out the game-changer card (that SA can't duplicate).

I do, see the above post.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:18 PM
Starscream M

With the powers of the Silver Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, and Captian America at my beck and call it'll be childs play for the Silver Adaptoid to kill your team with ease. Cap's shield backed by the strength of Thor is more than sufficient to decapitate anyone on your team, and since I'd be either as fast as Thor(the fastest person on your team), Captain America, and Mar-Vell put together or the Silver Surfer(whichever would be faster) you're team will be dead before they even know what's happening. All I have to do is teleport above your gun and speedblitz the shit out of you.

One question: is the SA versions of those characters as powerful as the originals or are they inferior versions

Also, Digi's blast is wide radius, I'm still not sure how a 8 man team can survive that...I know you said they teleport between the gun and digi's forcefield, but doesnt that mean they still get hit?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:23 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Sorry but I'm afraid that's not the end of it. See as you can see in this scan...
(please log in to view the image)
AIM has figured out how to make adaptoids despite having lost the Cosmic Cube so we know it's possible without one(since they didn't have one at the time).

And we know from this scan...
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/...41takingjv7.jpg

That the Super Adaptoid was actually IN CHARGE of the base where they were making the new Adaptoids, so it's a fairly safe to say that he knows how to build one without having a cosmic cube handy.

What's more, as I've already explained I don't NEED even a single extra adaptoid to take your team out. With the powers of the Silver Surfer, Thor, Mar-Vell, and Captian America at my beck and call it'll be childs play for the Silver Adaptoid to kill your team with ease. Cap's shield backed by the strength of Thor is more than sufficient to decapitate anyone on your team, and since I'd be either as fast as Thor(the fastest person on your team), Captain America, and Mar-Vell put together or the Silver Surfer(whichever would be faster) you're team will be dead before they even know what's happening. All I have to do is teleport above your gun and speedblitz the shit out of you.

That first scan just shows 2 of them, we don't know how they were made. It could be that they were both made by someone/something else.

It also gives no idea of a timeframe. And the second scan actually HELPS my point, because they need an entire facility to manufacture the things. This replication process is FAR harder than you're making it out to be.

And it is still contradicted by my scan, which shows that he didn't have that knowledge sans cosmic cube.

Hell, your own scan from your writeup supports this:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/...sv129009el5.jpg
...he needed the cube as an energy source as well as a guide.

No, if this plan wasn't boned to hell before, it is now. But even besides this are all the problems I've been mentioning all match.

And of course you don't think you need all of that to beat me. You know that most judges won't buy it, but have to try to salvage a win from about 1 billionth of the force you planned on having. Nice try, but it doesn't work.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:28 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

One question: is the SA versions of those characters as powerful as the originals or are they inferior versions

Also, Digi's blast is wide radius, I'm still not sure how a 8 man team can survive that...I know you said they teleport between the gun and digi's forcefield, but doesnt that mean they still get hit?

Super Adaptoid has a little trouble with super complex items like the Quantum Bands or Thor's hammer and can only make slightly inferior copies of those types of items, but as far as actual powers he copies them at the same level as their original users. The same thing holds true for less powerful items like the Nega Bands and Cap's shield, he can create fully functional replica's no problem.

And I won't be teleporting between Digi's forcefield and the gun, I'll be teleporting above the gun between the "start" of the beam and the dome surrounding the battlefield. In order for me to get hit with the blast, the gun would actually have to fire in a 360 radius around itself.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:29 PM
darthgoober

That first scan just shows 2 of them, we don't know how they were made. It could be that they were both made by someone/something else.

It also gives no idea of a timeframe. And the second scan actually HELPS my point, because they need an entire facility to manufacture the things. This replication process is FAR harder than you're making it out to be.

And it is still contradicted by my scan, which shows that he didn't have that knowledge sans cosmic cube.

Hell, your own scan from your writeup supports this:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/...sv129009el5.jpg
...he needed the cube as an energy source as well as a guide.

No, if this plan wasn't boned to hell before, it is now. But even besides this are all the problems I've been mentioning all match.

And of course you don't think you need all of that to beat me. You know that most judges won't buy it, but have to try to salvage a win from about 1 billionth of the force you planned on having. Nice try, but it doesn't work.

There were thousands made Digi, THOUSANDS. I could go get some scans to support that statement but unfortunately there's not enough time left in the match. But the whole story takes place in the Taking AIM story arc and the adaptoids are shown in Captian America 441 if anyone doubts my word on the number being produced.

As for a factory being necessary, of course they needed one because they were human. Humans NEED things like factories because they don't have the ability to transmute matter the way Surfer does.

Fact- It's possible to create and adaptoid without a cosmic cube(and I give my word that there were no cosmic cubes being used or featured in that story).

Fact. Super Adaptoid was in charge of the Adaptoid creation operation, so it's foolish to think he doesn't know how to make one.

Fact. Surfer's transmutation powers can make pretty much anything, ESPECIALLY if he has detailed knowledge on how it works.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:35 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

I will officially end the voting for this match today at 6:30PM CST. Please make sure to vote if you haven't.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 10:48 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote