KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-4; Digimark007 vs Darthgoober

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-4; Digimark007 vs Darthgoober
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

Great debating Digi, I respect a lot all the things you brought up and I'm sure you are saving the best for later.

It should be fun to say the least.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:43 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thanks Bentley.

...bumping from end of page...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thanks batdude...just a few minutes late though. It's 9-5 in my mind though.

Anyway, thanks for the warm-up goob ( wink ). I wanted to win, and gave it my all with the strategy I had, but learned a lot from this match. I hope I see you again later in the tourney. But congrats. You earned it.

And I wouldn't want to be my 3rd round opponent right about now.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 11:46 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thanks batdude...just a few minutes late though. It's 9-5 in my mind though.

Anyway, thanks for the warm-up goob ( wink ). I wanted to win, and gave it my all with the strategy I had, but learned a lot from this match. I hope I see you again later in the tourney. But congrats. You earned it.

And I wouldn't want to be my 3rd round opponent right about now.

Thanks Digi, and thanks for a good match too. I knew that I didn't have the tourney "in the bag" so to speak, but you REALLY had me worried there towards the end.

Good luck in the coming rounds and I look forward to round 2.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 12:13 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Hmm, this was one of the best matches I've read through in my 2 years on KMC. Irresistible force vs overwhelming numbers. Both plans had some minor holes where we had to make a leap of faith but I think both Darth and Digi brought enough evidence to support their plans. I can say that I'm glad I didn't have to vote as this is one of the tightest tournament rounds I've seen. Congratulations to Digi and Darth for having a great round.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 12:37 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Amazing match. I feel bad for missing the vote, not like it would have made a difference no matter which competitor I supported.

A very big congrats to both Digimark and Darthgoober - I very much doubt that ANYONE in this tourney looks forward to taking on either of you.

thumb up. Hopefully neither of you have gone all out yet, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the end of this thing.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 01:26 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

if only you guys wrote it in story format, it would have been awesome.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 03:04 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Soljer
Hopefully neither of you have gone all out yet, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by the end of this thing.

I haven't. Goober probably hasn't either. Who knows, maybe he'll try for trillions next time.

stick out tongue

But it's mainly incremental improvements and additions, maybe only 1-2 major additions from here on out. The gun might actually be the most offensive output you'll see from me (not sure yet), but I dislike inelegant tactics that are little else but brute force (which we both used this match). Still, it's effective, but I plan on being a bit more subtle when possible.

But I do hope I see goober again...and I'm sure the general public would enjoy it once again. I focused on the gun a bit much in this match, and didn't explore other options available to me, figuring that the gun + debunking would be enough (though I do think it was, and won't recant my position). Anyway, kind of sloppy on my part, but I won't make the same mistake twice.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 19th, 2008 at 04:58 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 04:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doogle
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Nah it would have sucked. yes

Last edited by Doogle on Mar 20th, 2008 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 06:17 PM
Doogle is currently offline Click here to Send Doogle a Private Message Find more posts by Doogle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Nice! Awesome match..

Haven't been following this years tournies.

I've got some diggin up to do, hopefully the other matches are this exciting..

My Artwork

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:46 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by psycho gundam
So why don't you?

You could go through and compile the matches into a fanfiction that the contestants helped you to write. Then if someone with skill wanted to draw them into comic(s) kmc could have a way of making fan comics...

What do you think?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:49 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote