KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-5; Symmetric Chaos vs SmurphSmash!

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-5; Symmetric Chaos vs SmurphSmash!
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i'm voting for smurph on this one, as put simply, i just don't believe sym can do what he's saying he can do, imo...

smurph's explanations just strike me as more likely, so i vote smurph, as i've already said...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 10:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Smurph, 1 hour seems enough for batman and pete to build 2 psiblockers in a sicence lab.

I think thats the crux of why people don't see your team doing jack to Pete.

You have a hard case to prove that bats and Pete can't build 2 psiblockers in an hour in a science lab, if you do, I think you have a much stronger case for your team winning...but even then, I don't see your team counteracting or matching Pete's speed, so maybe you should address that if you could as well.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 10:53 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Smurph, 1 hour seems enough for batman and pete to build 2 psiblockers in a sicence lab.

You have a hard case to prove that bats and Pete can't build 2 psiblockers in an hour in a science lab, if you do, I think you have a much stronger case for your team winning...but even then, I don't see your team counteracting or matching Pete's speed, so maybe you should address that if you could as well.
Don't argue for one of the competitors.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 10:59 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Well I do have one other little obstace for anyone trying to get in Pete's mind:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/...2/ovllotni7.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/.../ovllotni11.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/.../ovllotni12.jpg

I can overload people who hack into Pete's brain by sending so many thoughts it overloads the attackers capacity.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:05 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Master-Borg

They barely have information on my team's powers. Not on the nature, level or delivery method of any mind attacks that we have. 1 hour is NOT enough for Batman to try to design and build multi-leveled psiblockers powerful enough to cut out an Xavier level telepath. On top of Drtzky, who would be impossible to prepare for, and APPARENTLY Deadman (though that is clearly possession).

Not to mention, if Batman built them, we can simply read Batman's mind to know how to get around it.

I don't know why people seem to think that Bats can build a perfect, powerful blocker (much less 2) in a single hour with less resources than usual.

Are we really going to ride on hype? Sym even mentioned that he was having trouble finding prep feats for Bruce, which was extremely surprising given how overhyped his prep abilities are.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:19 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well I do have one other little obstace for anyone trying to get in Pete's mind:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/...2/ovllotni7.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/.../ovllotni11.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/.../ovllotni12.jpg

I can overload people who hack into Pete's brain by sending so many thoughts it overloads the attackers capacity.
Lulz... they were inside Flash's mind at the time. The "thinking faster than even you!" bit was mentioned to show that Flash could outrace the Thinker's thinking speed. Who was a computer program that could easily be overloaded.

Gorrila Grodd would laugh at this attempt at telepath-rebuttal.

And Shadow King > Grodd. By a long shot. He could just continuously hammer away at Pete's mental barrier and one-shot his mind afterwards.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:22 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I'd like to see some scans of DKRTYZY RRR doing......anything.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:27 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Lulz... they were inside Flash's mind at the time. The "thinking faster than even you!" bit was mentioned to show that Flash could outrace the Thinker's thinking speed. Who was a computer program that could easily be overloaded.

Gorrila Grodd would laugh at this attempt at telepath-rebuttal.

And Shadow King > Grodd. By a long shot. He could just continuously hammer away at Pete's mental barrier and one-shot his mind afterwards.

He didn't outrace him. Flash destroyed Thinker by overloading him. Karnak's mind will make it even easier.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:28 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Evangel94
I'd like to see some scans of DKRTYZY RRR doing......anything.
I don't see why it's crucial.

Doorman could win this alone.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:28 PM
ExodusCloak

Ugh...T-Vo that's really iffy.
I'm not entirely convinced that Pete could really do anything to the many forms of intangibility Smurph has on his side with 1 hour of prep.
TP-Blockers built in one hour from scratch may not be sufficient for a telepath of Shadow Kings caliber. And have to agree with Smurph where I don't think 1 hour is enough to assemble a Psi-Blocker.
Touch Loa and they're practically dead.
I think that Smurphs write up is plausable but with or without the Psi-Blockers and T-Vo which I consider iffy, Pete is still going to be very, very difficult to take down.
Making this quite a stalemate. However If I'm going to have to choose one I'm going to say Smurph because of Doorman.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:29 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Switching my vote to Smurph. Not that he's a whole lot better than before, but without psi-protection Sym is in trouble...and he never actually showed the psi-blocker except to say he had it, so it doesn't exist imo. Hopefully I didn't miss anything, because a lot of this match I've just been trying to wrap my head aorund stuff.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:30 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
I don't see why it's crucial.

Doorman could win this alone.

Seeing DKRTYZY RRR in action would help me understand how he functions as a Green Lantern. I've only seen one scan of him being mentioned by third party, but none of him actually in action.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:30 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

The parts of the psi blockers and the directions could be brought to the field for Pete to build there (no speed restriction like in prep). I don't think they need to do that though.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:33 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Well, I'm running outta time to vote, and I doubt I'll be here much longer...

So...

Smurph. Though it's almost certainly by attrition.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:34 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Evangel94
Seeing DKRTYZY RRR in action would help me understand how he functions as a Green Lantern. I've only seen one scan of him being mentioned by third party, but none of him actually in action.
Here's what we know:

He's a sentient math equation granted GL Power to protect the weak, etc.

He's a universal policeman in the form of a math equation that equates to one of the most dangerous weapons in the universe.

That basically dictates how he would act, and even if he has a thousandth of the ability of the GL's we know by name, that would be enough to accomplish everything I've said.

Not to mention he literally equates to willpower, so, chances are, he'd have more than most GL's power.

It's something of an abstract concept, but it's certainly enough.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:37 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The parts of the psi blockers and the directions could be brought to the field for Pete to build there (no speed restriction like in prep). I don't think they need to do that though.

My issue is whether or not the psi-blocker (or the plans) exist at all. Bats has probably used a psi-blocker at some point, but I've never seen it and "I build a psi-blocker with Pete" doesn't allay my fears any. GL bubble + tp might be enough to win otherwise, though I realize that others think otherwise due to some of Flash's powers. It's a tough match to call.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

More on Drtzky.

http://www.glcorps.org/dkrtzy_r.html

"Drtzky can only be percieved by the Guardians"

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...;cd=3&gl=us

"Dkrtzy Rrr, on the other hand, does attend meetings. But since he is an abstract mathematical progression, only the Guardians notice his presence." (A. Moore)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:41 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by DigiMark007
My issue is whether or not the psi-blocker (or the plans) exist at all. Bats has probably used a psi-blocker at some point, but I've never seen it and "I build a psi-blocker with Pete" doesn't allay my fears any. GL bubble + tp might be enough to win otherwise, though I realize that others think otherwise due to some of Flash's powers. It's a tough match to call.

hmmm, good point, should I not assume Batman knows how to build a psi-blocker (I figured it's something pretty basic)?

If I should not assume that, then I have to rescind my vote for the time being then.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:45 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Let me see if I can come up with an analogy...

So would observing DKRTYZY be like Neo from the Matrix seeing all the green letters and code floating around on the walls, floor, and all around in the matrix? Similarly his power to mess with people's heads is similiar to that of someone in the matrix messing with the head of someone who is connected to the matrix?

I need a question answered then. If DKRTYZY doesn't have a physical body, then how would be effective in combat (other than his mindwipe ability)?

He may be able to wipe your mind, but outside of that, what can he do? Scans of obscure characters are crucial.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 20th, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:46 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Just to silence the critiques (I felt it was my obligation as a Batman fanboy)...

http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?i...lac45p19wg0.jpg
http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?...lac45p20uw5.jpg

Batman has indeed built a psi-blocker.

Oh, and voting for Symmetric Chaos.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2008 11:47 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote