KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 3-1; Papa Smurph vs Digimark007

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 3-1; Papa Smurph vs Digimark007
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

If you have the ability to instantly create technology, and plan on using it, then you need to buy instant tech.

If you plan on using matter manipulation then to create tech, then you better have the knowledge and the preparation time to do so in a realistic manner given the time you bought.

Let's take darthgoober's match for example,
He bought 15 minutes of prep, silver surfer, and super adaptoid as an amalgam. He argued that using surfer's matter manipulation and super adaptoids mind he could create 6 billion (highly unrealistic) super adaptoids in 15 minutes. Darthgoober while not being able to create that high number of adaptoids in 15 minutes, he could still perhaps create maybe one to two adaptoid copies max; that being enough to counter Digimark007's team and that was reflected in the votes.

According to Digimark007 himself The Doctor is...
quote:

[QUOTE=10294959]Originally posted by DigiMark007
It really shouldn't be an issue. He's just a top-shelf matter manipulator with some tk and psi powers.

He can't create tech instantly, but he could attempt to create tech. How much he could create in 15 minutes is definitely limited so it would be up to Digimark to focus on what he wants to create in that limited time frame and limited field resources. He can attempt to spy on Papa Smurph to see what he is doing if he so chooses. Plausibility of successful spying is dependant on write-up.

Papa Smurph on the other hand has 36 hours prep, but no knowledge of the opposition. So he has more leeway to argue what he can do in that time frame, but is limited to doing things without knowledge of who he is fighting.

With that in mind I am nullifying all votes, and ask everyone to vote again taking this in mind.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 22nd, 2008 at 06:46 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 06:34 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

So basically in 15 minutes

Lex, Reed, Thor and Habib will
put aside there differences
attempt to find what Extant with 99.9% of the Worlogog couldn't
Mind meld
Re-create high end 'Superman' level tech at a much less then instant rate
Re-create Reed Richards level tech at a much less then instant rate
Habib will be doing all this while consulting with the previous Doctors as we know he hasn't shown able to do it on his own.
and after having come up with all that, strategise my downfall.

That's alot to do in 15 minutes.

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 22nd, 2008 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 06:42 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Evangel94

With that in mind I am nullifying all votes, and ask everyone to vote again taking this in mind.

Originally posted by Soljer
Pretty much.

Stacks has utterly failed at trying to dispel any of Digi's prep, and has been entirely ineffective in combating him in general.

DigiMark007 takes this, as they say, ten out of ten.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 06:52 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

If PapaSmurph can't see who he is fighting at all or that he is being spied why would his character prep in the helmet or hidden at all?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 07:26 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's where Nabu and company are. Been using the tactics from jump street.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 07:40 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Well, I've giving it some thought after what Evangel posted and reading PapaSmurph's post I vote for Digi.

If Digi had relied entirely in tech as in the previous match I may had to take another choice, but I find that there is enough firepower in Digi's team to fairly say he wins even if one supposes he will only make one artifact and knowing that Smurph cannot explicitly prepare for those opponents.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 08:02 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

What I'm wondering is how Digi will ultimately put me down. Only thing I've seen is him putting happy thoughts in my head (with the shakey basis that Thor is aware of how his powers work based on childish Savage Hulk bragging) which can be overridden through my own magic tinkering and the fact that my rage will be higher then the Hulk who was shrugging off everything Strange threw at him and the combined telepathic assault of Emma Frost and Professor X (which is ignoring the fact that the Hulk at this point had made a pact with Banner to revert only when he chose, happyness or not, as he will living in bliss with his wife and kids without un-Hulking).

There's nothing in Digi's repertoire that can ultimately put me down while there's plenty in mine that can whipe his team out.

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 22nd, 2008 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 08:44 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Voting for Digi.

Nonetheless, I seriously doubt that he will win with anywhere near the ease he implies. Habib isn't Jerone, it will probably be far from as simple to accomplish what he wants to.

Stacks has utterly failed to prove any of his counters to Digi's prep. He has failed to show an effective way to harm his opponent. The sheer power of Stack's team is comendable but besides poor attempts to attack Digi's character and strawman analysis of his prep there is nothing I can see forming an argument.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 09:52 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've failed to show an effective way to harm the people on Digi's team?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:25 PM
Thats_My_Monkey
Restricted

Account Restricted

Correct.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:26 PM
Thats_My_Monkey is currently offline Click here to Send Thats_My_Monkey a Private Message Find more posts by Thats_My_Monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Voting for Digi.

Stacks has utterly failed.

Coulda just stopped there. .

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:26 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Thats_My_Monkey
Correct.

So the chaos field I put Habib in and the >>>>>>>>> World War Hulk mace shots to the face I used on Thor won't hurt them?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 11:29 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Papa Smurph
^so would the double standard of Digi saying I can't use past Fate's (despite the same spell bank and guiding voice) while he's able to use past Doctor's apply here as well?

He has the experiences of past Doctors, but is always Habib. You replaced Hector with Nabu last match. BIG difference. Though I have no problem with Nabu giving him advice.

Anyway, you wanted Habib feats:

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ap03004fe5.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ap03005au7.jpg

cool

There's others...all of which are equally as impressive as Jeroen's. But this should be enough to get you to be quiet.

If you plan on using matter manipulation then to create tech, then you better have the knowledge and the preparation time to do so in a realistic manner given the time you bought. [/B]

I have the knowledge and the powers. And Doctor's matter manip, while very quick, isn't instantaneous, but easily fits into my 15 minutes of prep. So yeah, there you go.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 12:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'd like to know exactly why anyone is still questioning this (I realize people have voted for me so far, but haven't fully endorsed the Doctor thing). It's part of his power set....you aren't The Doctor unless you have the experiences and memories of past Doctors.

So please, if you have misgivings, please tell me what they are. I'd like to address any possible concerns, because everything I'm doing is not only possible but entirely normal for my characters, especially Habib.

Let's break it down, shall we:

http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=134tb.jpg
From scan: "I've got the experiences of all you guys put together."

http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15ea1.jpg
From scan: "I was the ultimate Shaman, remember? The sum of every Doctor who had come before me, including you."

The other complaint seems to be Habib, who, mind you, has all the experiences of Jeroen (the sum of every prior Doctor).

In addition to the scans above me, here's a couple others I managed to dig up on short notice (besides the ones in the respect thread that Joey erroneously labeled his "only feats")

Teleportation: http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=habib1re4.jpg
Matter manipulation, time travel, dimensional portals, etc.: http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=habib2lh1.jpg

Now let's make it pertinent to this match. The following is a quote from Joey in a Surfer v. Jenny Quantum match:
Q 7/10.

She's generally more powerful, though I can see Surfer taking advantage of her arrogance and such. Surfer more then has the tools and, given his current no-nonsense state of mind, the balls to win, but generally speaking Q's just too much.

Aaaannd....Sha-BAM!
http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ap03004fe5.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ap03005au7.jpg

In any case, Joey's only defense has been to say "This isn't Habib!! Hahaha."

I realize that. I drafted him for a reason...which is, exactly what I explained above. All feats are valid. No exceptions. To say anything less is to ignore the Doctor's entire character.

So, my skyscraper-tall super-strength, energy-nullifying behemoth of a Doctor, the one who made the thought-helmet and Super-suit for my non-heralds.....that guy is here in full force. Deal with it Smurph.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 12:56 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 12:47 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anyway to sum things up in a nice little package and give a detailed response for the voters.

Digi's plan falls apart because he assumes 2 things:

1.) He can instantly create tech without having buying the instant tech abilities and his 'loophole' should be taken as acceptable
2.) He assumes the Doctor will be able to detect what is stated that Extant with 99.9% of the Worlogog couldn't.

His counters to my plan are his characters have abilities that don't really matter and Thor somehow knows Hulk's powers are rage related (the basis of this is Hulk smack talk that isn't taken for more then face value in any of their encounters) and can absorb stuff I'm not using on him.

Even if the voters think Digi's 'loophole' is perfectly legal the only persons capable of lasting more then a few seconds who he will be 'summoning' are Ult Thor, and a few irrelevant bricks (can't hit me, remember, I have a aversion field) and I think the consensus opinion of Ult Thor is that he's a chump (I agree).

So in the end it will basically come down to Thor versus the Untouchable World War Hector who's already been power amped but through the course of the fight has only been getting stronger. Thor has no real method of preventing me from doing what I said I was going to (get in close and knock his lights out, it'd be awesome if Hector made a battlehammer like Mjlonir instead of the mace I planned), the omni-directional attack works, but at that point Hector will be too strong to be put down by those and will only get stronger and tank them better with every passing attack ticking him off more and more.

Thor's tough, but Hulk's tougher.

Wow. Ok, where to begin.

His 2 points to invalidate my team are both moot. The first one was proven wrong by Evangel's ruling, and my display that The Doctor is more than capable of doing this.

Also, it's important to note that Joey didn't question Doctor's ability to do any of it (because it's actually very very simple for him)....he just called it illegal. Which is false, as we saw. So the whole plan works wonderfully.

As for spying, it doesn't really affect my team much anyway. The only Smurph-specific tactic is the empathic calming. Otherwise, my entire prep remains.

Oh, and I wanted to show this!

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=th2hf2.jpg

Rawr!

Anyway, I realize Ultimate Thor didn't stop Hulk, but I do have Ultimate Thor, and he will make a difference in this fight. And it's just a badass pic.

Or maybe ANOTHER omni-directional lightning attack (the aversion field isn't looking so hot right about now...
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tc1py3.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tc2tu3.jpg
or this:
http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thoremplg7.jpg

cool

In Conclusion

- I have World War Doctor stomping the crap out of things and raining holy death on Smurph
- And the Ultimates, via Reed's thought-creation helmet.
- And Thor, whose omni-directional blasts will deal with Fate, and who can absorb magical energy.
- And Lex, though he can basically just be a Superman-level distractor in this match
- And thus about 10 different ways to attack him, and about a dozen people total attacking due to The Ultimates.
- My prep has been validated by Evangel's ruling, and everything I'm doing is legal.
- I've proven to a ridiculous degree why everything I'm doing is well within my characters' powers, particularly The Doctor
- Stacks has...a chaos blast and Hulk. Meh.
- His lone defense has been to yell about my entire prep and strategy being either impossible or illegal. It is neither, as I have shown beyond any doubt.
- If you have ANY doubts about my strategy, refer either to my writeup or the last few posts where I validate things even further. If anyone doesn't believe that my plan is well within my limits, it is either willful ignorance or inherent bias against the characters, and in no way reflects their actual feats (which validate everything beyond a shadow of a doubt).

Off to watch PITT in the tourney now. Have a good one everyone.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 01:07 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 12:56 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Part II: On To Battle

For Reed:
http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=helmet1cb2.jpg
http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=helmet2of9.jpg

For those who haven’t read the arc, it’s a helmet that manifests Reed’s thoughts into physical reality (not unlike Doctor’s powers). We’ll stay basic and just say he manifests The Ultimates again.

There are three things wrong with this.

1. The device is reality manipulation, which you did not purchase.

2. Summoning extra help. I pointed out King Kandy couldn't summon demons from other dimensions to help either.

3. Only one version of a character may be used. For example, if the 616 version of Wolverine is taken, his Ultimate version is off-limits. Since you have regular Thor on your team already, you can't use Ultimate Thor.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 01:10 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Voting for digi for the previously stated reasons.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 01:43 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

There are three things wrong with this.

1. The device is reality manipulation, which you did not purchase.

2. Summoning extra help. I pointed out King Kandy couldn't summon demons from other dimensions to help either.

3. Only one version of a character may be used. For example, if the 616 version of Wolverine is taken, his Ultimate version is off-limits. Since you have regular Thor on your team already, you can't use Ultimate Thor.

They're just solid-light holograms. No summoning, no reality manipulation.

Not arguing for Digi, just clearing that up.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 01:48 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They're just solid-light holograms. No summoning, no reality manipulation.

Not arguing for Digi, just clearing that up.
Yeah I wanted to point that out but was worried about appearing to be arguing for digi.. although its not like Eva wasn't just arguing AGAINST Digi...

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 01:50 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

How's there a difference between using Nabu to take control and give advice when he's shown to do both?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...controllage.jpg[

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/...nson06/Nabu.jpg

So basically your Habib feats from Authority Prime are hearsay and healing? Good show.

Did you just imply Ultimate Hulk who was originally written to be below post-Other Spiderman (IIRC his original class was 20 tons as the Ultimate uinverse was supposed to be more 'realistic') in strength is as impressive as World War? Amazing.

Anyway, your prep doesn't really matter, you still haven't given a way to beat me other then say alot of ways to manipulate the rules, and you still are suspect to my plan.

Which is divide and conquer. Only thing different is that now instead of taking out Luthor with a blast, World War Hector takes him in the manner with which he took out Iron Man's Hulk buster, except this time he's stronger, has magic and an aversion field you can't really counter.

Ult Thor hasn't shown to be more impressive then either Thing, Shulk or Ares physically and durability wise and all three are people World War Hulk at weaker levels put down with one punch (Thing was two eek! ).

And World War Habib based on Jeroen feats STILL hasn't found a way to counter my Chaos field (though that doesn't really matter since the burden is on me to disprove everything or whatever).

Your plan is still nothing but a bunch of fluff which consists of summoning a bunch of people who pose no threat, giving Lex Luthor Iron Man level armor and Thor spinning his hammer and screaming.

Last edited by Papa Smurph on Mar 23rd, 2008 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2008 02:06 AM