KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » ARTIFACT- The Malastare Open Pod Race!

ARTIFACT- The Malastare Open Pod Race!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Focus on the race, mah, not the bomb. We're zeroing in on the bounty hunter with the detonation device," says Gundy to you, Mah.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 9th, 2002 08:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

In the lead, Mah uses his knowledge of the course to control himself the best way possible through the slippery lake. He keeps distance to the other Mogarian and Speedy behind, but does not take any other agressive actions.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2002 08:52 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Much as I hate to, I will leave this one more day then I will move on to finish this with Galder doing nothing spectacular. The game must move on!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 12th, 2002 10:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, we are all done...

Speedy tried to work up an advantage, but this is not his ground and he is completely afraid to take on Galder again. But Galder cannot make enough ground on Mah. To the roaring approval of the crowd, Mah shoots over the line in the pole, Galder coming seconds later...

... and neither of you are dead! Guess your friends did well!

Poor speedy follows, and a moody Bashy shunts past Orthodox for a fourth he feels is harsh on him (as do I, but then if you take a slow pod...)

FINAL POSITIONS
1st: Mah (49)
2nd: Galder (47)
3rd: Speedy (45)
4th: Bashy (42)
5th: Orthodox (41)

The race is done, and you are now on your victory lap, Mah! The other threads are still a little before this point so you cannot go back there yet.

And in any case, in a little bit I have a small list of 'Awards' for your activities in the pod race...

Meanwhile, enjoy the crowds, who love the both of you! Try to ignore the glaring looks of the gamblers that you two just cost a fortune...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 12:24 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Celebrating the victory Mah decides to yell some bad one-liners at the opponent.stick out tongue
"Taste my exhaust, sleemo!"
"What have you been smoking to drive that bad, pod?"
"Pod off!"
"I won, you loose, congratulate me or run away; you choose!"

..ehem, enough of that methinks.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 12:38 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There goes your Jedi Pride...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 12:50 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

big grin

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 12:54 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If only my parents hadn't grounded me...............

Galder waves happily to the crowd, but give the Mogarian a small shunt as he nears him. "You may have won this race, but I don't think you'll be racing again..." Galder says threateningly through the synthesizers.

He slows down his podracer, having finished the race and doing his victory lap. He flips a few switches and pushes buttons and does a little repair work on his smoking pod that way.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 01:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a shame that the Mogarians are pacifists... those synthisisers sound so polite!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 01:45 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, while all these celebrations go on- and you guys are due for some kind of quick podium ceremony- here are the 'awards' for the pod race. Mah is the winner, of course, but there are other things to be proud of as well- all unofficial, of course!

BEST SINGLE ROUND- Dodgy

Literally speaking, Speedy's 10 points on the starting line. But the start is too easy. Instead it goes to Dodgy's 9-point run to take the lead at the start of lap 2, that he held until his pod fell apart. Ha-ha! Honourable mention to Galder who made a couple of huge runs as well

MOST VIOLENT RACER- Galder

Bashy will be unhappy to lose this award but it is in fact Galder who eliminated the most competitors, dispatching Quadro and Boring

BIGGEST CHEAT- Galder

Again, Bashy was blatantly breaking the rules for the amount of shunts he got into. However, Galder completely trumps him with his thoroughly unethical use of the Force to pluck Bashy's control cable loose during what could have been a nasty tussle! The Dark Side salutes you!

WORST ERROR- Galder

Three in a row for the man of evil! Going full-power into the sloooww Twists on lap 1 cost him his good start. But he made that loss up later with a stunning round at the start of lap 3.

THE PLAYACTING AWARD- For the player who best kept his cover- Mah

Mah kept his Mogarian cover perfectly and if he had not been told by the means of the game, Takuan would have no idea he was anything dodgy. Galder's antics won him points but led to the Jedi spectators in the audience knowing he is a Force User and far from being a Mogarian!

THE MORALS OF THE STORY- Are twofold

1. Galder is a show-off. Seems reasonable!
2. Watch out for the quiet ones. Mah never went for boom or bust and just went for the same reasonable competence on each section. And so he won. Something maybe to bear in mind if we ever do this sort of thing again!

Soon you will return to your own sections. Please feel free to comment...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 14th, 2002 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2002 02:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You know, I didn't need you to tell me I'm a show off... big grin

Galder happily (though unhappily receives second place) receives the 3 best achievements.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2002 07:02 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(Well, it's not as if they are ACTUAl awards...)

Ok, there is a certain amount of ceremony and stuff that goes on, which the two of you can easily bluff through with your suits, and then both of you can now return to your threads and rejoin your buddies.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 15th, 2002 01:48 PM