KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Doctor Destiny - Respect Thread

Doctor Destiny - Respect Thread
Started by: Erik-Lensherr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

(Set in the past). The Justice League fight Doctor Destiny in the dreamscape but are completly trashed.He makes Batman’s utility belt, Wonder Woman’s lasso and John Stewart’s ring dissapear aswell as physically dominating Superman and taking all of their attack at once.

Knew that in here, in the dreamscape, Destiny would have complete control over all matter

„Here, we’re just his playthings.”

(please log in to view the image)

„We’re trapped inside the Materioptikon..a dream gem, which now has the power.. to reshape reality itself”
Apparently, those who enter the gem are split into many different versions, and this affects the space-time continuum. Doctor Destiny fashioned a tool which reintagrates that persons back. Darrin steals the power from Doctor Destiny although later, the Materioptikon is made whole again and Doctor Destiny has his revenge.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 06:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

And that's all ... at least for now smile

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 06:37 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Did Neil Gaiman write that part with Sandman? eek! it was brilliantly done. thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 06:49 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Did Neil Gaiman write that part with Sandman? eek! it was brilliantly done. thumb up

Yep. Neil Gaiman is a magnificent writer.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 07:54 PM
chilled monkey

Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
He makes them love him and it’s also revealed that „…nightmares,sleeplessness and insanity reported earlier on local news is shaping to be a planet-wide phenomenon.”

Confession time ..

Decides to give them back their minds for a short while. „Why are you doing this stuff to us ? You’re going to kill us !”

„Why ? Because I can.”

Brings out the beast in them ..

I apologise in advance. I realise that it is very poor form to insult a character in his/her respect thread, and I acknowledge the effort you put into making this.

But, I have to say this; anyone who takes pleasure in inflicting suffering on others is nothing more than a bully. I see nothing that should be respected about that.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 11:59 AM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by chilled monkey
I apologise in advance. I realise that it is very poor form to insult a character in his/her respect thread, and I acknowledge the effort you put into making this.

But, I have to say this; anyone who takes pleasure in inflicting suffering on others is nothing more than a bully. I see nothing that should be respected about that.

It's okay, but the point of respect threads is not to agree with a character, it's to show their capabilities.

Honestly, I even wanted to put a warning, especially on the "Confession time" scan.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 04:24 PM