KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Times Warner loses rights to Superman

Times Warner loses rights to Superman
Started by: Creshosk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
emporerpants

so, any news yet on this?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 06:29 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LoveDrunk4JONAS

Miffed

wow...are we all a bunch of superman geeks? honestly i only found these threads because i have an english essay to write about the odyssey and i was comparing odysseus to superman.

i only wanted to f****** know what superman's emotional weakness is and how it empowers him to be a better/worse superhero!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 09:12 PM
LoveDrunk4JONAS is currently offline Click here to Send LoveDrunk4JONAS a Private Message Find more posts by LoveDrunk4JONAS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LoveDrunk4JONAS
wow...are we all a bunch of superman geeks? honestly i only found these threads because i have an english essay to write about the odyssey and i was comparing odysseus to superman.

i only wanted to f****** know what superman's emotional weakness is and how it empowers him to be a better/worse superhero!!! Happy Dance

what emotional weakness?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 09:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by LoveDrunk4JONAS

laughing

Old Post Oct 24th, 2009 10:00 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

What happened now?

Did those greedy bastards get the rights?

Or is the trial not over yet?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 06:35 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeuodin
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is really about time for Superman to be retold anyway. he also takes so much shine away from the other heroes that it may actually be a good thing. Could make DC put effort into diversifying it's properties and thus making them more like marvel.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2009 09:01 PM
Zeuodin is currently offline Click here to Send Zeuodin a Private Message Find more posts by Zeuodin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Absolutely not. DC has done a wonderful job with Superman. They have made him one of the most known heroes of all time. Where can you go and I don't know who Superman is. Very little locations!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2009 06:15 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Is there even gonna be a superman sequel? I mean I know there's meant to be man of steel coming but that was meant to be released like...this year last time I read about it, or last year, one of the two erm

Originally posted by Zeuodin
It is really about time for Superman to be retold anyway. he also takes so much shine away from the other heroes that it may actually be a good thing. Could make DC put effort into diversifying it's properties and thus making them more like marvel.

You want DC to be sold to Disney? confused

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 07:05 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

What's Happening with Superman? Nothing.
Source:Thompson on Hollywood November 27, 2009

Thompson on Hollywood reports that there's nothing happening with the "Superman" franchise until Warner Bros. emerges from its legal problems with heirs Siegel and Shuster. Here are several clips from the article:

As the studio is waiting to resolve the legal dispute, there's no movement on the project. Production execs at Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. have been culling the various pitches that have come in, and are eager to start development on a sequel.

The studio is still seeking the right direction. No writers are working on a Superman script. "We're working on a strategy for DC," says one Warners exec. "Superman is the trickiest one to figure out."

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompson...e_on_the_rocks/

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 02:44 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

"Warners felt it could have performed better with more action and a powerful villain—and no Superman kid. So Singer was taken off the franchise".

Like DS maybe......big grin

Intresting....

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 02:48 PM
Zeuodin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Absolutely not. DC has done a wonderful job with Superman. They have made him one of the most known heroes of all time. Where can you go and I don't know who Superman is. Very little locations!
They did a wonderful job with him and a crap job with all their other properties. which is why marvel constantly kicks their asses in every genre and medium.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 03:06 PM
Zeuodin is currently offline Click here to Send Zeuodin a Private Message Find more posts by Zeuodin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zeuodin
They did a wonderful job with him and a crap job with all their other properties. which is why marvel constantly kicks their asses in every genre and medium.

except for batman, green lantern, and hopefully flash in the coming while...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 03:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Green Lantern is going to fail badly.
They should just stick to the Batman, and Superman. Batman made huge amount of money in USA it's on top two.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 05:15 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Yeah, I am worried about GL also, being so cheesy and all. CGI/animated is a safe way.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2009 05:48 PM
CloneCaptin Fox
Exiled Master Jedi

I think that time Warner should not have rights anymore because they made alot of movies and now the goverment is going crazy and President Obmam is doing bad and the world is coming to kause.So I am glad Time Warner does not have the rights but superman is cool also batman.

There is no emotion,there is peace
There is no ignorance,there is knowledge
There is no passion,there is serenity
There is no death,there is the force

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 09:30 PM
CloneCaptin Fox is currently offline Click here to Send CloneCaptin Fox a Private Message Find more posts by CloneCaptin Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CloneCaptin Fox
Exiled Master Jedi

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 09:32 PM
CloneCaptin Fox is currently offline Click here to Send CloneCaptin Fox a Private Message Find more posts by CloneCaptin Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CloneCaptin Fox
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by CloneCaptin Fox
I think that time Warner should not have rights anymore because they made alot of movies and now the goverment is going crazy and President Obmam is doing bad and the world is coming to kause.So I am glad Time Warner does not have the rights but superman is cool also batman.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2009 09:32 PM
designs84

Pretty nice

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 10:52 AM
designs84 is currently offline Click here to Send designs84 a Private Message Find more posts by designs84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Green Lantern is going to fail badly.
They should just stick to the Batman, and Superman. Batman made huge amount of money in USA it's on top two.
They should broaden their horizons like marvel has. Create a universe on screen.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:06 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by quanchi112
They should broaden their horizons like marvel has. Create a universe on screen.

thumb up

I like Batman and Superman as the "World's Finest" and all, but DC has such a cool variety of characters it would be really stupid to not capitalize on them.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 05:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote