KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Lizard Respect Thread!

The Lizard Respect Thread!
Started by: namorsubby

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
namorsubby

The Lizard Respect Thread!

I just felt like doing a thread for my favorite spidey villian. The scans might come slow,but stay with me. i have to dig through a boatload of comics for them.

bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_(comics)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 09:15 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Mar 29th, 2008 at 09:22 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 09:19 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 09:44 AM
namorsubby

the lizard engages spider-man with his son billy who is also transformed.then he engages an extremely savage and feral black cat(before she lost her superpowers).she was turned savage by "the rock of life" her and lizard savagely fight until he's distracted by his son being in trouble and BC takes advantage of it.he still shows amazing durability and healing factor here seeing as he takes a boatload of punishment and is fine:

(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Mar 29th, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 11:59 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by namorsubby
lizard puts a whoopin on spidey once again and he decides to run and "re-assess" the situation(lol):

I hated that comic so much. Connors controlling the Lizard? What kind of idiotic retcon is that?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:22 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

And you moaned about Sentry? lol

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:34 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

lizard isn't popular. he doesn't suck. sentry is well established as someone who sucks,lizard is not really established as anything,there's a difference.lol wink

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:45 PM
namorsubby

Originally posted by Toku King
I hated that comic so much. Connors controlling the Lizard? What kind of idiotic retcon is that?
i liked the idea.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:45 PM
namorsubby

lizard is ambushed by a feral(more than usual) vermin.he is being affected by the rock of life like black cat was.keep in mind that lizard is fighting against a desire to just die and is very conflicted during the fight.it ends up a stalemate though:

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Mar 29th, 2008 at 01:01 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:54 PM
namorsubby

lizard is shown to be strong enough to demolish a city street on his way up from the sewers:

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Mar 29th, 2008 at 06:50 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 06:46 PM
namorsubby

here's a pretty good lizard bio site. he's ranked 14th in berseker strength,5th in animal control,and 13th in overall feral beast:

http://www.comicvine.com/lizard/1488/

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 07:01 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Huh. Never seen/heard of this Lizard guy before (probably because I've never been into Spider-Man much), but he seems pretty cool. Wish I had known about him sooner...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 11:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

i liked the idea.

It ruined the entire reason why I liked Connors, and why I liked the Lizard.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 11:47 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

i know what you mean. but i found it to be a suprising twist and a change of pace from the regular old "doc gets stressed,turns lizard,and problem gets resolved shortly after" routine. i think that may have been rectonned though because i've seen doc connors in 533 of amazing spiderman and 554. maybe they just let him out of jail? the people who arrested him never knew he was the lizard. he just comited a crime(bank robbery) to try to get locked up because he didn't want to harm anyone anymore.taking from that i feel that in a way doc still is plain old doc,despite everything. confused

Original Human Torch
Namora

Last edited by namorsubby on Mar 30th, 2008 at 09:16 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 09:13 AM
namorsubby

Curt Conners (The Lizard) discusses theology with Peter Parker (Spider-Man). he's basically spilling his guts concerning his big green,ferocious mistake.i thought this might help those who weren't familiar with the character "get to know" him:

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/image/Lizard_2.jpg

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 11:30 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Lizard's relationship with Spidey, has always felt like the equivalent of Two-Face & Batman - he's a sometimes ally who Peter wants to help. Always kinda liked him.
I think it's finally his turn as the heavy for Spider Man 4.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 12:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Originally posted by roughrider
Lizard's relationship with Spidey, has always felt like the equivalent of Two-Face & Batman - he's a sometimes ally who Peter wants to help. Always kinda liked him.
I think it's finally his turn as the heavy for Spider Man 4.
i hope so.he's been in too many not to have an actual debut yet.but i hear he has a really good chance of being the prime villain in the next spidey movie.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 12:16 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

i hope so.he's been in too many not to have an actual debut yet.but i hear he has a really good chance of being the prime villain in the next spidey movie.

Sweet. big grin

I wouldn't be surprised though if Spidey and Sandman ended up teaming up against him (assuming Sandman makes a return).

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 06:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Sweet. big grin

I wouldn't be surprised though if Spidey and Sandman ended up teaming up against him (assuming Sandman makes a return).
i always felt that sandman messed up the movie and was just an "add-on" villain.there were too many villians,although i think the hobgoblin add-on worked fine,i felt that sandman took away from who should've been the prime villain,venom.

oh and scans will be coming eventually(stuck at 75%),sorry for the wait guys.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 01:46 PM
namorsubby

lizard saves his family by throwing a large reptillian beast out of a window:

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 08:27 PM