KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin versus H/P Doomsday in Pure Slugfest

Odin versus H/P Doomsday in Pure Slugfest
Started by: Master-Borg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xJLxKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
(please log in to view the image)
\
Love this movie

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 10:55 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
when it IS confirmed odin has changed--because evidence does indeed suggest there is something going on--abhi, will you publicly admit you were wrong this entire time and that the thor side was ultimately right?

so many gymnastics. at least table the discussion until something comes up to verify one position or the other. geezus. so many pages of the same thing.... if he's NOT shown to be verifiably weakened, then sure, i'll say abhi was right. but even if you ARE right, it doesn't justify this constant head-against-the-wall approach. oi...

If Odin is shown weakened with a valid reason for it, yes I would.

I'm not the one who is blatantly in denial considering mjolnir retcon.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 02:52 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
No. The previous stories left out "one very important element". Which was... Mother Storm. No real changes, but an addition to the mythos.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4LmlySFE...600/066_005.jpg

Once again with the denial? Mother storm changed the whole origin of Mjolnir. It was mother storm who was powering mjolnir, not Odin.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for you to understand.
quote:

Yes he was.
And yes previously it was known Odinforce, uru, star, was involved in the make up of the hammer. Now we know it involved a galaxy storm. The part that was forgotten. The other parts never changed. It still has the core myth intact.

Except no, it was Odin who was powering mjolnir. Now it's mother storm and Odin only enchanted the hammer to stop anyone from lifting it.
quote:

That's not worthiness enchanting. It's just enchanting to stop anyone from lifting it.

The worthiness was always determined by mother storm now.
quote:

And in your scan Odin imposing his sovereignty over the hammer.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qtgaLMez...00/022_0003.jpg

After struggling with it. Mother Storm was getting dormant after centuries of captivity.
quote:

Again classic narrative.
https://i.imgur.com/FVrqJgY.jpg

That's irrelevant now.
quote:

Lol.. Loki sidestepped the whole SW thing while holding on to the essences of Asgard.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-f5x5PocLJ...s1600/24_01.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-z1Dq68u6e...s1600/24_18.jpg

So you're saying Reed did not create Asgard after Secret Wars and Loki did? Scans for this?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 03:00 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
It was mentioned once by Odin that his omnipotence isn't what it once was. Now Mangog said the same.

I am not keeping up with the current discussion (I'll read through later) but just an fyi, but I noticed that Odin was ALSO giving intravenous transfers of the Odin Force to Freya right before Mangog's invasion to keep her alive.

Not only is he weakened (This is an easy explanation, Odin hasn't had the Odin Sleep in canon in how many years?), but he has been supplying Freya to keep her alive.

Anyways, I'm interested in reading this thread but goddamn, Celey, stop replying to Abhil, it literally kills the discussion even if you are making good points.

Edit: Wtf, Abhil is refusing to acknowledge the Loki? That's canon. He just referenced it in the Doctor Strange stories...

Hey Rage, tell us more about how the retcon of mjolnir isn't a retcon.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 03:01 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
@JL King

Or that could mean that Jane is a beast. Do you do this with all characters or is it just Mangog and Jane? Who would win a fight out of OWAW Superman (non Sundipped) vs Silver Surfer, and why?

I wonder if we do this with all characters.

SBP vs the Titans, for example....

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 01:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
Hey Rage, tell us more about how the retcon of mjolnir isn't a retcon.

What?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:57 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What?

Haven't you heard from Celey yet? Mjolnir wasn't retconned by Aaron.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 03:08 AM