KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Wheres the god damn hockey?

Wheres the god damn hockey?
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Wheres the god damn hockey?

I searched the first three pages and could not find an NHL thread. Perhaps, i over looked it. I remember there being an NHL thread last year. Well, at any rate it is Playoff season once again. THe Penguins are currently playing the Rangers and a win over the Rangers would give them the division TItle.

What is your team? Which team is going to conquer who and how far is which team going to go?

Even though the Penguins Pwn all other teams, i am not confident that they will have the experience needed to make the cup. I think they will go very far and wouldnt be surprised if they did, infact go the distance. For the Eastern conference i would watch out for, the DEvils, PEns and Sens. As for the WEstern conference. As usual, THe empire (redwings) Ducks and SHarks.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 11:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

good thread

my Kings are last in the league sad

great players on the team, horrible HORRIBLE management.

edit:

i'll be cheering for the Sharks, but i see Pen's taking it this year.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Last edited by Dr. Leg Kick on Mar 31st, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 11:42 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yeah, I can't seem to find the thread either. There was one for sure though I remember posting in it.

Although I'm not a fan of the Montreal Canadians I believe that team has it in them to make it to the Stanley Cup finals this year. Not sure about the Western Side.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 12:18 AM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

East - Montreal

West - Any of the 8 teams, but hoping avalanche make it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 12:55 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Damn, and yet, again everyone is taking a Canadian team. I feel that the talent and skill level is well balanced through out each team this year. I am looking foward to some killer playoffs. I Really dont believe any ONE team is a safe bet.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 1st, 2008 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 04:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

FLAMES FTW!

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 05:05 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Damn, and yet, again everyone is taking a Canadian team. I feel that the talent and skill level is well balanced through out each team this year. I am looking foward to some killer playoffs. I Really dont believe any ONE team is a safe bet.

from the looks of it, only one canadian team will go far this year, flames or canucks might not even make it in the playoffs.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 09:16 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Shadow_King
from the looks of it, only one canadian team will go far this year, flames or canucks might not even make it in the playoffs.

Agreed, as a Sens fan I can tell you that they definitely won't be going far this year. You can count them out after the first matchup. The Canucks have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Flames and probably will make the playoffs.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 02:06 AM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

If the Sens make the playoffs.

They have a good chance of not making it.

They have shit goaltending, shit defense, and 1 great line and no secondary scoring.

They're done.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Yeah..I agree. The last three games for the Sens are against the Canadiens, Leafs, and Bruins. All of which have bested the Sens recently.

Edit- Now, it's down to just Leafs and Bruins. The Sens lost to Montreal(No suprise there) and almost always lose to the Bruins, so it's becoming more and more likely they won't make it to the playoffs. Pity, they play like shit and that's what they get. It all started after they traded Corvo and Eaves, which in my opinion was a stupid trade. Corvo is doing great on Hurricanes, as I thought he would, and so is Eaves.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 06:04 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Stared before that in my opinion.

Considering I live in Ottawa and read the paper daily, its quite funny to see how the columnists praise the Sens when then win and say, "well, they're getting back on track."

And then the next 5 games they lose, or barely win.

Doesn't anybody realize that the only time the Sens win is when Heatley scores 3 goals in a game?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 08:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Smasandian
Stared before that in my opinion.

Considering I live in Ottawa and read the paper daily, its quite funny to see how the columnists praise the Sens when then win and say, "well, they're getting back on track."

And then the next 5 games they lose, or barely win.

Doesn't anybody realize that the only time the Sens win is when Heatley scores 3 goals in a game?

Yeah..and I said I agreed with you.

Haha...there must certainly be a problem with the team if they lost to Toronto, no offense Leaf fans.

It's not only Heatley. When the "First Line" fails to play well the team suffers.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 09:08 PM
Shadow_King
-

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
The Canucks have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Flames and probably will make the playoffs.

dont know about that after yesterday, with canucks losing to avs, flames beating oilers and preds coming from a three goal deficit to win the game in overtime, looks like preds has secured that 8th spot.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 12:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx

PENGUINS, clenched the atlantic division. All shall kneel before their greatness. It seems as though Fluery has finally hit his stride since returning from his injury. Although, he has always been a hot and cold goalie, he has really been stepping up for the Pens.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 02:22 AM
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Shadow_King
dont know about that after yesterday, with canucks losing to avs, flames beating oilers and preds coming from a three goal deficit to win the game in overtime, looks like preds has secured that 8th spot.

Damn predators.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 03:14 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah..and I said I agreed with you.

Haha...there must certainly be a problem with the team if they lost to Toronto, no offense Leaf fans.

It's not only Heatley. When the "First Line" fails to play well the team suffers.

Yeah,

I hate the Sens. Always did. I'm not a big hockey fan but I just dont like Sen fans. No offense, more of an generalization.

Heatley should of been in jail, or still in it. The capt is pretty good while Spezza, in my opinion, is the most overhyped and overpraised player in the league.

He doesnt play defense, he turns it over way too many times and he tries to be fancy all the time. He has skill and is a good player, but definitely not as good as people say he is.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 06:25 AM
Admiral Akbar

Right, you're entitled to your opinion. I of course like the Sens, but unlike you I have a valid reason.

I'm not very sure about Heatley's prior life. I do know he got in an accident and one of his Thrashers teammates died because of it, but I think the family of that player forgave Heatley and as a result he didn't go to jail. As for Spezza, I don't believe he is the most overhyped or overpraised player. He is not mentioned as much compared to people like Crosby, Kane, Ovechkin..ECT. Plus, you're from Ottawa, so that must have some kind of influence over your opinion.

He is a good player. He does get fancy which bugs me sometimes, but other times his fanciness pays off. Take the popular overtime goal against the Canadiens for instance.

Of course he doesn't play defense...that was a bit of a stupid point.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 10:23 PM
Shadow_King
-

i was wondering, why are the sens the only team to be riding the bike wnhe they do interviews after the game??

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
PENGUINS, clenched the atlantic division. All shall kneel before their greatness. It seems as though Fluery has finally hit his stride since returning from his injury. Although, he has always been a hot and cold goalie, he has really been stepping up for the Pens.

completely surprised me, i thought rangers would take it with the stacked team they had this year

Last edited by Shadow_King on Apr 3rd, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 11:39 PM
Admiral Akbar

Could you elaborate on your first question?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 01:16 AM
Shadow_King
-

Could you elaborate on your first question?

well during there post match interview, the senators are usually riding the exercise bikes, i was just wondering why that was. no other team does that.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 02:04 AM