KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Wheres the god damn hockey?

Wheres the god damn hockey?
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (58): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Well you're going to have to, because it's not happening this year.

nhl might fix it, so it happens.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 02:28 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Shadow_King
caps are two games closer now to be facing the pens, crosby vs ovechkin, cant wait.

thumb up

those teams are good rivals. Malkin and Ovechkin have been forming into a great personal rivalry this year. I think seeing those two going at it in the playoffs would be brutal. I want to see the Pens evetually meet the wings or Devils though

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Smasandian
Fluery is really coming onto his own and owing up to his number 1 pick.

oh yeah, for sure. Ive always been behind Fluery. I really dont think he is playing any better than he has been. I think he is just getting much more support from his team. When a goalie is consistently facing 40+ shots a game. Their save percentage is not going to be very strong. It was about mid season when the Pens lines were reworked that i beleive they found a good defensive groove which opened up the ice more for the wingers and the offense. I still dont feel very confident on their defense, but im generally confident that fluery will come through in a pinch.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 03:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Also, he had alot of shit with the team.

Any young goaltender who constantly went from minors to NHL level and then sent back to to financial reason can never get into a groove or get comfortable.

They should of kept him in the minors, or did what Montreal did and started him all the time.

But he's doing good. Also didnt help that he was probably flabbergasted when he let that puck in the WJHC gold medal game when it came off his own player into the net.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:19 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

He was sent back to the minors? I dont remember that. I know he had a tough debut season in 05-06 and was shifted back and forth alot between t-bo. That is to be expected though with any first year goalie that is struggling. I believe the next season he played something like 70 games and won 40. I also remember that many of his recorded loses and wins were due to Goalie shuffling in mid game. I dont ever remember him being shipped back to the minors, when did that happen?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 06:53 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, he started in 03-04, then played during the lockout and then got brought back up then 05-06 got shipped back and forth between leagues so the Pens didnt have to pay any bonuses.

He also shared the goal with Caron and Thiubault (who was brought in for no apparent reason)

It's not a big problem but its not a good situation to put a rookie goaltender in. They should kept him in juniors, or let him learn in AHL instead of shipping him back and forth.

Look at what happened to Dan Blackburn and Andrew Raycroft. Burnt out in the first season or so from the pressure. Hopefully for Montreal sake, Carey Price isnt the same.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 07:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Woo! Go Pens!

I'll be back when there's more to talk about with them.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 11:34 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, he started in 03-04, then played during the lockout and then got brought back up then 05-06 got shipped back and forth between leagues so the Pens didnt have to pay any bonuses.

He also shared the goal with Caron and Thiubault (who was brought in for no apparent reason)

It's not a big problem but its not a good situation to put a rookie goaltender in. They should kept him in juniors, or let him learn in AHL instead of shipping him back and forth.

Look at what happened to Dan Blackburn and Andrew Raycroft. Burnt out in the first season or so from the pressure. Hopefully for Montreal sake, Carey Price isnt the same.

oh ok, i vaguely remember the situation surrounding the lockout. I still don't remember him going to the minors in 05, but i do remember they were struggling to find a goalie to ride until they finally decided to stick with Fluery. I can only imagine what pressure would come from being shifted back and forth from the minors. Not only are you responsible for two separate teams, your performance is observed by two different teams. Price is aces

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 12:36 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, thats basically what happened.

All because of money. (Granted the Pens were in the shit at that time)

I dont think he will ever be a Broduer type player but good-great.

You rarely see a goalie picked in the top 10 draft turn out to be great.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 03:33 AM
Shadow_King
-

well montreal are in, with a convincing win over boston, now they either face rangers or flyers, and it looks like a good chance for caps to take the series.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 03:43 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

I hope the flyers win. I'm going to be 100% on my bracket if they win.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 03:07 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Shadow_King
well montreal are in, with a convincing win over boston, now they either face rangers or flyers, and it looks like a good chance for caps to take the series.

That Montreal game showcased some good hockey on Montreal's part.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 22nd, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 11:10 PM
Shadow_King
-

well it looks like caps are out, flyers are in, east semi finals are now

Pens vs Rangers

Habs vs Flyers

looks like habs and pens are in the finals of this conference

And it looks like sharks are about to finish off flames which means

Red wings vs Avs

Sharks vs Stars

cant wait to see the old rivalry of the avs and red wings renewed, havent faced each other since the 02 finals, hope its not a repeat though.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 03:52 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldnt count out the Rangers quite yet.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 04:17 AM
Admiral Akbar

Niether would I, but the pens IMO should be able to take care of them.

Woohoo! I was 100% on my first round bracket. Let's see if I can do it again this round.

My Winners are:
Wings
Pens
Habs
Sharks

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 03:09 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

LUPUL FTW! Ovechkin gone glad to see it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:20 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 04:26 AM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Why?

Flyers fan, LOL.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 05:30 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

you finished off a tough opponent just to face Montreal, this looks like its gonna be a 7 game series, with the Habs taking it in 7 games

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 06:03 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by DanZeke25
Flyers fan, LOL.

I see.

Hopefully its just that because Ovechkin is actually a pretty good person.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:21 PM