KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lex Luthor vs Punisher

Lex Luthor vs Punisher
Started by: Endrict Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rorschach

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
i've read enough. if you read all the significant parts of his life (up to death of supes...and then i stopped caring, sue me) of a character's appearance and don't see him do crap and then see his appearances in your favorite character's issues and STILL don't see him doing anything that places him on YOUR STANDARDS of "smart" then its enough.

and watch your mouth, son stick out tongue

No. you clearly haven’t read enough. At least, not enough to enough to say that Superman has never gone into a fight without formulating a plan, or using his intelligence in his entire history. DOS took place in 1992, now it’s 2008. Even if you read every Post-Crisis comic starring Superman, you’d only have seen a little over 451 of his appearances. Since then, more than 2000 comics starring Post-Crisis Superman have been published. Don’t go making misinformed statements, if you haven’t been keeping up with Superman for the last 16 years. And I already said Superman was using his head when he arrived in Gotham, during No Man’s Land, he didn't just go in and plan on solving everything with brute force, he had a plan. Even in his appearances in Batman comics, Superman isn’t portrayed as some muscle-bound idiot. And even then, even before DOS, Superman has been shown to fight intelligently, formulate plans, and defeating opponents without even really engaging them in combat. Even in his fights against Doomsday, Superman has used his head. Doomsday Wars would be a good example, even his fight against Doomsday Rex would be sufficient. You said entire the ‘entire’ history of his superhero career, just because you haven’t been keeping up with the character doesn’t mean that Post-DOS Superman stories don’t count, especially when you go ahead and make a claim about his ‘entire’ Superhero career. It’s really quite simple, if you haven’t read even 50% of a character’s appearances, then you don’t go making claims regarding that character’s ‘entire’ superhero career. Ignorance is no excuse. Don’t go around making baseless claims, and then not expect to be called out on them.

or are you going to tell me that trying to punch out doomsday was "smart"? or when that wasn't bad enough he goes and fights him when he KNEW he was going to lose? if he was "smart" he would have tried something else. sure the guy has balls, but that doesn't make him smart. not from my understanding of the word. and not from my standardslaughing

now....drop it.

~Sado

Is that it? All you’re going by is one Superman storyline? You said you read up to the Death of Superman, or did you only read DOS?, If you read Pre-DOS Superman comics you might have seen Superman using his head in battle, instead of just slugging it out. Have you read Man Of Steel 02? The heart of stone storyline? Going the Gauntlet? And Graves Give Up Their Dead...? His first encounter with the original Bloodsport? His mental battle with that alien in Adventures of Superman 427? His first encounter with Etriagn? I can ago on, and on, but I’ve listed enough for now. That’s the advantage of having read more than one Superman storyline. Hell, even in DOS Superman did more than just ‘punch’ Doomsday. He used all the powers at his disposal. They fought all over America, and Superman was only one who figured out to actually hurt Doomsday, while everyone else continued using attacks that were ineffective. And there’s that problem of Doomsday adapting to his opponent, so despite whatever Superman came up with (at that time), Doomsday would simply adapt to it. Doesn’t really matter though, that was one storyline, out of hundreds. Since OYL Superman’s actually gotten smarter, as seen in Up, Up and Away.

Last edited by Rorschach on Apr 6th, 2008 at 08:39 AM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:36 AM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

whatever bub laughing

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 08:59 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

whatever bub laughing

Try reading some good Superman comics once in a while, it's much better than the crap they were putting out in the 90s.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 09:02 AM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

will do. any suggestions?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 09:07 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

will do. any suggestions?

Start with Superman v1 650, and Action Comics 837. Then just keep picking up both titles from that point on. There are like two or three crappy story arcs, but most of it is pretty damn good. Action Comics is currently one of the best mainstream Superhero comic books on the market.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 09:13 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanks. by the way, no hard feelings cuz of this thread smile

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:34 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rorschach
Start with Superman v1 650, and Action Comics 837. Then just keep picking up both titles from that point on. There are like two or three crappy story arcs, but most of it is pretty damn good. Action Comics is currently one of the best mainstream Superhero comic books on the market.

Any idea when the story with Zod is done?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:40 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Soljer
In any way, shape, or form.

Whys that?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:47 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

thanks. by the way, no hard feelings cuz of this thread smile

thumb up

Originally posted by llagrok
Any idea when the story with Zod is done?

Action Comics Annual #11 - On Sale April 30, 2008

But DC Comics' official website says that comic will be released this week.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 10:51 AM