KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jean Grey w/ Phoenix Force vs Ion

Jean Grey w/ Phoenix Force vs Ion
Started by: Lord Feron

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Even though it was stated?

By what source?

The best thing Jean did when she went through the whole Dark Phoenix thing was absorb the energy of a sun and blow up a Shiar warship.

The White Phoenix telekinetically cut away a contaminated future from the rest of reality, before materializing 616 within her palm and then she peered into it and changed events within, so that the future she cut away would never come about.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:53 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
By what source?

The best thing Jean did when she went through the whole Dark Phoenix thing was absorb the energy of a sun and blow up a Shiar warship.

The White Phoenix telekinetically cut away a contaminated future from the rest of reality, before materializing 616 within her palm and then she peered into it and changed events within, so that the future she cut away would never come about.

If we go by feats then you are right but if we go by statement then DP. They do say it in the Dark Phoenix Sage, and they have a website which is pretty accurate

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 11:57 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

If we go by feats then you are right but if we go by statement then DP. They do say it in the Dark Phoenix Sage, and they have a website which is pretty accurate

The Dark Phoenix Saga dates back to the late 70's early 80's. The White Phoenix has been seen as recently as December. More recent stuff is going to supercede whats come before.

Galactus has been stated to be the most powerful being back in the 60's, should we accept that statement despite consistent showings since contradicting it?

On top of that Marvel.com bios are fan written and edited. Go by on panel events and handbooks.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:12 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

The Dark Phoenix Saga dates back to the late 70's early 80's. The White Phoenix has been seen as recently as December. More recent stuff is going to supercede whats come before.

Galactus has been stated to be the most powerful being back in the 60's, should we accept that statement despite consistent showings since contradicting it?

On top of that Marvel.com bios are fan written and edited. Go by on panel events and handbooks.

Actually the website i used doesn't use fanboyism of any kind. In fact it has WPOTC. Although i cant seem to locate it now. Its on wikepedia tho

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:23 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Actually the website i used doesn't use fanboyism of any kind. In fact it has WPOTC. Although i cant seem to locate it now. Its on wikepedia tho

The only sources you can trust are those written by marvel staff. So handbooks and comics, otherwise you're just getting an average joes opinion and we get enough of that on these forums. erm

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:32 AM
xJLxKing

The only sources you can trust are those written by marvel staff. So handbooks and comics, otherwise you're just getting an average joes opinion and we get enough of that on these forums. erm

true but i remember why they stated it though. Its because of her emotions.
can you possible some me something about white pheonix i dont know much

Last edited by xJLxKing on Apr 7th, 2008 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:37 AM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

true but i remember why they stated it though. Its because of her emotions.
But then i could go use Flash or Dreamweaver and within the hour make up a website and say White Phoenix is the strongest. Would you then believe my average joe opinion because i put it on a website?

Trust me. Go by official sources as theyre the only ones which truly represent Marvels opinion on the matter.

The comics show the White Phoenix to have had the highest showings so far.

To be honest, i dont believe it was stated anywhere officially that the different colours had anything to do with powers anyway. The colours seem more to do with emotional state and mental wellbeing.

Green seems to be the good, benevolent Phoenix somewhat in control.

Red is the the fiery passionate Phoenix who lets her emotions control her.

White seems to be a complete, mentally balanced Jean who has completed her Phoenix work and is ready for the White Hot Room.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:48 AM
xJLxKing

maybe i am wrong

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:54 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
And what feats post that are anywhere close to destroying a universe/creating one,having that energy thrown back at yourself,and fighting the mother ****ing spectre...o yea none,phoenix is so overhyped and overrated it makes me sick she has like 2 actual good feats and everyone likes to put her on this ridiculous eternity+level pedestial.

What feats outside of Zero Hour does Parallax retain? Or what did Classic Ion do that Phoenix hasn’t already done? Correct me if I am wrong but, Classic Ion was what the reminiscent energies of Parallax left in the sun and the starheart?

I have a question. When Kyle first became Ion did he give away the Starheart?

And how strong was Spectre when he fought Parallax? We know his strength fluxgates to fit the plot. Then we have the comment, the Spectre made in regards to Parallax in regards to power scaling Spectre to Parallax.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big Feats other then the M’Kran Crystal, and Here Comes Tomorrow incident?

Phoenix stopped, 2 Earths from parallel realities from merging (616 and another), and thus restore the cosmic balance. (Rachael - Excalibur Special).

AoA Jean, preserved the entire AoA time line from being wiped out. (AoA Jean, AoA Anniversary Special mini).

Two instances that points out vast Omniscience. (Dark Phoenix Arc, and Excalibur).

Universal Mind Link. (Rachel in Secret War tie in with X-Men).

Giraud "cauterizes" Eternity of a "tumor" (Guardians of the Universe).

^^ Are those enough to point out, that the Phoenix Force can be formidable in its own right?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 04:09 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I wonder how many more posts it's going to take until GS, and MM start debating each other...

I'd say less than 40 posts (or 2 pages). Probably 15 posts...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 05:27 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 07:29 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by vlaaad12345
And what feats post that are anywhere close to destroying a universe/creating one,having that energy thrown back at yourself,and fighting the mother ****ing spectre...o yea none,phoenix is so overhyped and overrated it makes me sick she has like 2 actual good feats and everyone likes to put her on this ridiculous eternity+level pedestial.

As aforementioned, Parallaxs feats arent as good as you thought they were. Entropy wiped out reality, Parallax merely triggered that.

Parallax didnt create a new universe from scratch. He rewound time and attempted to edit events as he brought time back to the present all in an effort to stop Coast City's destruction. (thereby making use of what was already created)

Nice cosmic feat. Not the best.

Phoenix telekinetically cut away a future of 616 like it was physical matter, thereby warping the laws of space/time on a massive scale. She then went on to materialise the remaining timeline within the palm of her hand.

Manipulating a universe down to its component parts, materializing it from one place to another is far more impressive than just destroying one. Its a whole level beyond that and takes far more power and control. Any top cosmic can blow up a reality, but to be able to manipulate an atomic structure on a universe scale, casually in the palm of your hand? Only the cream of the crop. smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 10:27 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I wonder how many more posts it's going to take until GS, and MM start debating each other...

I'd say less than 40 posts (or 2 pages). Probably 15 posts...

It will start with Here Comes Tomorrows.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 11:30 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by id369
It will start with Here Comes Tomorrows.

I'm not going to let it get to that again. Trust me! lol

All thats relevant from HCT for this debate is the fact that Jean had total telekinetic control of a universe right down to the atomic level and her last handbook entry confirmed this as part of her powerset by talking of her ability to manipulate atomic structures on a universal scale. smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 12:15 PM
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

y talking of her ability to manipulate atomic structures on a universal scale. smile

And also written that her full power scope is yet to be seen.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 01:14 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Xplosive

i agree with this

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 01:59 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unnatural-POWER

Originally posted by Xplosive

Doesn't contribute much to this fight though does it smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 02:08 PM
Unnatural-POWER is currently offline Click here to Send Unnatural-POWER a Private Message Find more posts by Unnatural-POWER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Doesn't contribute much to this fight though does it smile

I agree with this comment stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 02:40 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

The White Phoenix telekinetically cut away a contaminated future from the rest of reality,
before materializing 616 within her palm and then she peered into it and changed events within,
so that the future she cut away would never come about.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 03:00 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Mr Master

Not gonna get into all of the ins and outs of whether you believe it was 616 or not, either way Phoenix manipulated the matter of an entire universe.

I dont care whether you believe it was 616 or not because for the purpose of this argument it really doesnt matter.

Even if it was an alternate future, thats merely the universe in a future state down the timeline. Still a universe, still a whole load of matter. eek!

Marvel agrees as shown by their updated bio listing telekinetic control of atomic structures on a universal scale as part of her powerset.

Thats all that matters here.

Cool. smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 03:06 PM