KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Your Lightsabers

Your Lightsabers
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

there's finese for you....tisk tisk....stick to the lightsaber....it might do more...though as far as stelth goes I'd say a lightsaber rates fairly low.....

Old Post Jan 30th, 2004 10:48 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

So...where do you go about buying one of these sabers? Are they junk or are they cool? SHOW ME A PIC please.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2004 10:53 PM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by Julie
there's finese for you....tisk tisk....stick to the lightsaber....it might do more...though as far as stelth goes I'd say a lightsaber rates fairly low.....

lol. my ninja buddies would kick my ass, for always blowing there cover.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

'ninja buddies' ? Or do you mean hopeless Shinobi fans? stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2004 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by Gotwa
'ninja buddies' ? Or do you mean hopeless Shinobi fans? stick out tongue

uh yeah......sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Marcellus on Feb 3rd, 2004 at 06:27 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2004 06:23 AM
Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yes but with a lightsaber in your hands you could handle your friends...hopeless or not

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

well us being far from hopeless, yes a lightsaber would be rad, especially one like Duku's

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 12:15 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I read somewhere before that some scientists somewhere actually were planning on creating a lightsaber-type weapon, but they realized that it would be way too unstable for any human to use, and would immediately swing down really powerfully towards the earth when turned on (something to do with the earths magnetic field or something like that). It has been explained how lightsabers work, but it would take incredible force powers for a jedi to control it. This could explain why only jedi use lightsabers and they are not used by any other forces in the SW universe except for jedi and dark jedi.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 10:46 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angiethedragon

Im guessing these scientists know what the lightsaber blade is made of, if you notice in Empire Strikes Back Han Solo uses the lightsaber so i don't think just jedi could use it, think about it if that were so a jedi or dark jedi wouldn't be able to use a lightsaber inside an ysalamiri field, have those scientists that you mentioned tried building one according to the schematics of a lightsaber? with the crystals and what ever, it would be very difficult to make a lightsaber without the light going on for infinity, that's why only jedi make them but doesn't stop other people from using them

It was so artistically done

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 03:24 PM
Click here to Send angiethedragon a Private Message Find more posts by angiethedragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

yes...doesn't stop them from hurting themselves with one:-0

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 03:54 AM
angiethedragon

Han didn't hurt himself with Luke's saber

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 02:16 AM
Click here to Send angiethedragon a Private Message Find more posts by angiethedragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Here's the deal... It is POSSIBLE for a non-force user (or a force user inside a ysalimiri bubble) to use a lightsaber. However, it is very difficult for them to actually fight with one. Remember that the blade is weightless, unlike a sword, and so is pretty tough to judge the position of the blade. It is much less difficult to use a saber for non-combat purposes (like Han did in ESB) than to fight with one. In the first book of the Thrawn series by Timothy Zahn, Luke uses his lightsaber on Myrkr. He just never kills anybody directly with it.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I didn't know the weightless thing....but it would make sense...as for the untrained thing.....well simply put if your not trained with something you're likely to hurt yourself...ie. I can pick up a sword/ lightsaber...but if Iwere actually to get in a fight....well all apendages are in jeopardy

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 09:53 PM
angiethedragon

Instead of feeling the physical weight of the blade, force users are able to feel it through the force which makes it easier to handle, non force users on the other hand would have to rely on hand-eye coordination and eventually get used to using it, so sense Luke, although he was used to feeling the blade through the force was also used to handling the saber, if a non force user were to get used to handling a lightsaber it'd take a little longer but they'd eventually learn to use one but not in the same way as a jedi or other force user

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 02:22 PM
Julie
The Student

there's a thing about skill too....if one's just plain old clumsy....don't go near a saber.....

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 12:36 AM
Phoenix Jedi
Jedi Kid

a real saber would be so cool... but hardly any1 would be able to se them, and thats just assuming that scientists actually make one, which they probably never will.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Phoenix Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I got a purple light up one the other day (£30, $45) that makes sounds..
It was suppossed to be the Mace windu one, but ithe handle looks NOTHING like the handle of his lightsaber in episode 2.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2004 07:55 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

cool......I haven't really looked into the replicas or anything...mostly I stick to the cheap plastic ones

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 04:47 AM
Darth Dementus
Dark Lord of the Sith

I have the new Anakin/Vader electronic lightsaber that changes from blue to red.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 05:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Dementus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Dementus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pj1138
Laugh it up fuzz ball

Sorry if this has been discussed previously: Force fx lightsabers who has one?
I have:
Lukes ROTJ
Lukes ANH
Vaders ANH
The best has to be Lukes ANH it awesome. Has any one had any problems or decided to take theirs apart. One of the lights has gone on mine. Oh well it still looks good with the remaining 63 but what if more go out, does any one know how to fix them?

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:17 PM
Click here to Send pj1138 a Private Message Find more posts by pj1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote