KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Vote for COTBP

Vote for COTBP
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Vote for COTBP

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/passions.aspx

Oh my gosh! The American Film Institute is taking votes on the ten best movies of several genres, animated, comedy, action, etc. Well, under fantasy, COTBP has been nominated!

This link explains what the AFI is and the bottom of the page has a link to the downloads. You can vote for your favorite movies and mail it in! Let's get POTC up there with the rest of the great movies!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 07:26 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

So cool. i'm voting...thanks for the link willo

I can't wait to see COTBP up there. A while ago I checked the best kisses on AFI and you'd be happy to know that the JE DMC one is on there...how cool is tha?

Freedom...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 07:44 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I had no idea! That is cool. I'm glad such a prestigious organization recognizes the POTC series for what it is, a perfect adventure series.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2008 09:59 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

can't vote - not from U.S.!

*sighs irritably*

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 01:52 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

well i think POTC is definitely a contender....i shall go vote...

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 12:48 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I think I saw somewhere that the special will be on June 27th. We'll get to see if POTC is one of the top 10. I hope so!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 07:06 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

It's actually on June 17th at 8.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 09:14 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Ta dearie--I love to vote at those moments as they pass by!! Thanks for being an eagle eye and finding out about this.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 10:20 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Just to boost up all the sparrabethers here, I'm on the AFI website, so excited about watching it tonight since I watch it every year, and there is something really interesting about the 100 Years, 100 Passions list (best romance movies)

1. "Casablanca" - 1942
2. "Gone with the Wind" - 1939
3. "West Side Story" - 1961
4. "Roman Holiday" - 1953
5. "An Affair to Remember" - 1957
6. "The Way We Were" - 1973
7. "Doctor Zhivago" - 1965
8. "It's a Wonderful Life" - 1946
9. "Love Story" - 1970
10. "City Lights" - 1931

7 of the Top 10 don't have their couples end up together. Things go wrong. They don't get a happy ending. I won't say which ones in case people haven't seen them, but isn't that interesting? It seems the romances people remember and like the best are a little star-crossed...kind of like J/E.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 03:17 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

haha! I know i saw that too...and that's what i thought. star-crossed lovers all the way..

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 11:59 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote