KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Indiana Jones IV or Iron Man

Which one you want to see the most?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Indiana Jones IV 17 36.96%
Iron Man 29 63.04%
Total: 46 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Indiana Jones IV or Iron Man
Started by: laser7455

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

didn't like "made"...haven't seen zathura...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 09:32 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Iron Man

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 03:35 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
even if that is the case, it is a fan movie. Speilberg said himself that it was not just his sons nagging him to make another, but the decades worth of cries from the fans that really made him and Lucas truly consider another movie. Of course it will be Indiana doing much of the same thing he has done in the previous other movies. That is not the point. You would be going to see Indy 4 to see Indiana jones character once again as well as escape into some top notch action/adventure. It is much of the same reason people enjoy James Bond. It is the character they enjoy as well as the situations he gets himself out of. The James Bond movies for all intents and purposes are the same thing with each installment...,it is a fan thing

I would also put much faith in Harrisons decision to accept the Script. Ford is not one to take a Script on face value. If he thought it was good enough to put himself through the physical work and risking his stature. Im sure it will, at the very least feel like an Indiana Jones movie and not just a parody of a once young and strong character

I love Indy, but watching him doing the exact same thing, only now with old jokes, is just boring to me.

Iron Man, on the other hand, has me excited to the max.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 09:01 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

You have a very obscure definition of boring.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 10:19 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by Toku King
I love Indy, but watching him doing the exact same thing, only now with old jokes, is just boring to me.

Iron Man, on the other hand, has me excited to the max.

Well i hope Iron Man does do the same old now boring "guy becomes super hero takes on the villian rescues the girlfreind and sets everything up for part 2 whch will include far more action now they have got the origin out of the way in pt 1 " with a bit more style than 75% of the other Super Hero flicks that have come out recently

Since the death of Heston and apart from Eastwood INDY is the ony beleivable action hero out there for me

ROLL ON MAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 11:23 AM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indy

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 12:31 PM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Iron Man

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 12:45 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too old, ha ha. What rubbish. You can see in the trailer that they play with that angle.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 04:14 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
out of nostalgia, Indiana jones

Out of interest and expectance of quality, Iron Man.

The trailer for Indy didnt do anything for me. Seeing Harrison in the fedora was nice to see again, but the overall trailer looked bad. For some reason i trust favreau and downy to deliver more than i do harrison ford and spielberg. I would never expect myself to say that either haha

Your post almost expresses my thoughts exactly . . . almost. You took the words right out of my mouth, except instead of referring to Harrison Ford as 'Harrison', I would have said 'Mr. Ford.'

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 05:04 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I'm not on first name terms with Mr.Ford either.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 06:23 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by MildPossession
Too old, ha ha. What rubbish. You can see in the trailer that they play with that angle.

They do use that to the movie's advantage, i'm sure, but it still doesn't deny that he is, in fact, old. I liked seeing Indiana Jones as a swashbuckling adventurer. Now he's lost a step, and it kind of kills it for me.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 06:38 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
They do use that to the movie's advantage, i'm sure, but it still doesn't deny that he is, in fact, old. I liked seeing Indiana Jones as a swashbuckling adventurer. Now he's lost a step, and it kind of kills it for me.

Well, you've got your mind set it seems, so fair enough, but the dilemma that Indy is now 65 or so and how they will address that in the film is what I'm looking forward too. Ageist.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 07:11 PM
Heat_Vision
Awesome

I'll end up seeing both sooner or later.

Life is like a death sentence; you never know what you're going to get.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 07:18 PM
Heat_Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Heat_Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Heat_Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by exanda kane
You have a very obscure definition of boring.

Because I don't want to see the exact same thing I did a thousand times under a different title?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 08:35 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by vintageSW77
Well i hope Iron Man does do the same old now boring "guy becomes super hero takes on the villian rescues the girlfreind and sets everything up for part 2 whch will include far more action now they have got the origin out of the way in pt 1 " with a bit more style than 75% of the other Super Hero flicks that have come out recently

Since the death of Heston and apart from Eastwood INDY is the ony beleivable action hero out there for me

ROLL ON MAY!

Iron Man does indeed follow that scenario, but he does it Stark style.
And it always feels good to see the hero fulfill his destiny and save the day.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 08:37 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

If a 83 year old can do water skiing here in the UK in reality, I'm sure a 65 or so year old in FICTION, can do whatever. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 10:20 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by MildPossession
If a 83 year old can do water skiing here in the UK in reality, I'm sure a 65 or so year old in FICTION, can do whatever. stick out tongue

Who said they couldn't. For the billionth time, that's not my point.
My point is that the only really new thing is that he's older. I could watch the old schools films for half the price of a ticket, and just enjoy what the new one will most likely not be as good as.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 03:11 PM
exanda kane

You don't really have a very good point though. Y'know, Indy's adventures are serialised to an extent like the pulp B movie's that inspired it, so much so that it doesn't matter if it is the same Chase The McGuffin malarkey; it is still the nuts. Any film that has Spielberg in its credits is a Must Watch by my standards, that may be a flawed logic considering some of the poorer films he has been associated with, but in my opinion it is worth it (considering he and Lucas changed Hollywood Cinema more than anyone since Selznick.)

To someone like me it seems you're just getting angsty over all the hype.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 03:51 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by exanda kane
You don't really have a very good point though. Y'know, Indy's adventures are serialised to an extent like the pulp B movie's that inspired it, so much so that it doesn't matter if it is the same Chase The McGuffin malarkey; it is still the nuts. Any film that has Spielberg in its credits is a Must Watch by my standards, that may be a flawed logic considering some of the poorer films he has been associated with, but in my opinion it is worth it (considering he and Lucas changed Hollywood Cinema more than anyone since Selznick.)

To someone like me it seems you're just getting angsty over all the hype.

So, I'm angsty because I noticed that everything Indy did in the trailer was almost exactly what he did before?
I'd rather save my ticket money than pay $10 for something I could watch at home. That sound reasonable to me.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 04:36 PM
exanda kane

No, you're just angsty. Stop listening to The Smiths already.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 05:04 PM