KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?

why didnt obi wan recongnise R2 D2?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
OB1 did meet R2... on the ship with Padme in TPM, it was Anakin's fighter droid... they fought together in the Outer Rim and both had their droids with them. OB1 even sends Anakin off with Padme in AOTC with R2 as third companion... OB1 sure met R2.

No he didn't. It didn't happen. Not once until Obi-Wan saved Luke from the Tusken Raiders.

Nope. It never happened. LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

I don't think it was a plothole. I honestly believe that he did recognize the droid, but lead-on that he didn't. He was indirect and misleading about everything else, including Luke's geneology and Yoda's identity (at first).

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think it was a plothole. I just think Lucas didn't care. That's also why he used the prequels as an opprurtunity to play six degrees of galactic seperation with everyone.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That sounds about right.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 07:48 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I don't think it was a plothole. I honestly believe that he did recognize the droid, but lead-on that he didn't. He was indirect and misleading about everything else, including Luke's geneology and Yoda's identity (at first).

Agreed.

And he could have been speaking the truth with the "I dont seem to remember owning a droid" bit.

I guess for that to be, all the starfighters and their accompanying astromechs would be, if anything, property of the Jedi Council etc rather than being property of individual Jedi.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forcewielder

I really wish people didn't misread Obi-wan's line to mean that he had no memory of R2. When he said, "I don't seem to remember owning a droid", he's saying that he doesn't recall being the owner of that droid.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Forcewielder a Private Message Find more posts by Forcewielder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Agreed, he's just being evasive.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 01:29 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Agreed, he's just being evasive.

Just like when he told Luke his father wanted him to have his lightsaber when he was old enough.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 04:57 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Exactly.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 06:05 PM
sweersa

Exactly.

What do you think Obi-Wan did during that whole time in his little Adobe house in the desert? Did he have a broadband connection...cable TV, anything?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 02:07 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Prolly... or he ran a secret nightclub for Tusken Raiders.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 07:51 AM
sweersa

Prolly... or he ran a secret nightclub for Tusken Raiders.

Hahaha, the name of the club would be that ever popular yell or roar the Tusken's do...how would you spell that?

In EU or I suppose even in the movies, the Tusken's can't strip off their outfits becuase they will be killed...reminds me of something in the Middle East lol That Lucas...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 10:59 AM
queeq
Chaos

Maybe OB1 thinks the sexual performance of the Tusken ladies outweighs their smell.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 11:48 AM
sweersa

Maybe OB1 thinks the sexual performance of the Tusken ladies outweighs their smell.

Hahaha. Isn't there a deleted scene when Luke first walks into Ben's Adobe and says "Why does it smell like masturbation in here?"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 07:20 PM
queeq
Chaos

That's classified.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 09:54 PM
sweersa

That's classified.

Hahaha. Maybe Luke slipped it into the Jedi Archives after he got the temple back...the adult (Jedi Master) section!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 10:18 PM
parvati120

haha this is the oldest question in the book, it might be because george lucas did not write the prequel trilogy before the originals or because of <insert random explanation> (!!)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 10:56 PM
Click here to Send parvati120 a Private Message Find more posts by parvati120 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Errr....... yeah.... I guess.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 07:50 AM
parvati120

glad you agree =)

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 09:18 AM
Click here to Send parvati120 a Private Message Find more posts by parvati120 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I do?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 10:02 AM