KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer

GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (81): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Green Lantern (Hal) vs. Silver Surfer

Now shoot me if this one has been done but I searched and did not come up with anything. But who do you guys think will prevail the mighty Silver Surfer or arguably the most powerful GL of all time Hal Jordan. Surfer did take out a untrained Kyle Rayner but Hal is on a whole different level than Kyle is or was even at that time. Tough battle I dont have a answer yet I just wanna hear some professional opions first.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 05:49 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

It will be a close fight, SS is more powerful than Hal and more skilled. Hal has more will power and balls than any gl member ever. SS is to powerful he can absorb Hal Jordan powers or unleashed his full power of cosmic on him and blast his a$$ back to the afterlife permanently. Silver surfer will win everytime he see's Hal.

Silver surfeer 8/10

Old Post May 1st, 2005 06:02 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

They negate each other. Stalemate. We arent quite sure SS can absorb GL's powers on his own, so that wouldnt be an accurate statement. In the crossover, Kyle GAVE SS energy. But when they fought eachother, SS didnt or couldnt absorb any or Kyles power. 50/50 on the victor.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:15 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jrodslam
They negate each other. Stalemate. We arent quite sure SS can absorb GL's powers on his own, so that wouldnt be an accurate statement. In the crossover, Kyle GAVE SS energy. But when they fought eachother, SS didnt or couldnt absorb any or Kyles power. 50/50 on the victor.
I see where you are coming from there. GL did give Surfer his power on his own will. Surfer did not take it. I guess thats something to think about.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:31 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't see SS defeating GL, only opposite, I think GL has more power.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 07:57 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Hal is no match for Surfer.

Surfer absorbs energy.

Gl ring is no different end of story.

SS will attack at light speed breaking every bone in Hals body
Or just suck him dry.

Don’t tell me he can’t

He has done it to hulk, the sun , Radiations etc Oa’s energy is no different.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 1st, 2005 11:48 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

Hasnt surfer already absorbed the Gl power?

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:09 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

He absorbed it and controlled the Energy of OA

All kyle did was shoot the energy at him.

He couldn’t have absorbed parallax’s (oa’s) energy but he was weakened.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:12 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savagerampage

yeah i remember reading that issue, actually i think someone posted it on the board. surfer beats hal easy

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:15 AM
savagerampage is currently offline Click here to Send savagerampage a Private Message Find more posts by savagerampage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by savagerampage
yeah i remember reading that issue, actually i think someone posted it on the board. surfer beats hal easy

i posted it lol

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 12:17 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

jrodslam has some interesting points. When they were fighting I remember Surfer being weakened. When he was fighting the rookie Kyle why did he not absorb the power right then and there? Kyle allowed him to take his energy, I think there is a difference. I now say the fight will be 50/50.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:08 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by snoopdogg
jrodslam has some interesting points. When they were fighting I remember Surfer being weakened. When he was fighting the rookie Kyle why did he not absorb the power right then and there? Kyle allowed him to take his energy, I think there is a difference. I now say the fight will be 50/50.

Why didn't he turn the thing into living statue?

Why didn't he blow up earth while fighting some of the heroes?

Why did he even bother fighting with Hulk? (When he could have just sucked the gamma radiation out of him)

Why did he battle the Gladiator? (When he could have used radiation)

Because SS doesn't suck energy if he doesn’t have to, he rather fight.

And even in a fight he would put Hal down.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:17 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Well Green Lantern has alot of different ways he can take out Surfer also. If I remember right I think he can also absorb energy too and create radiations also. He can do just about anything you mentioned. He can even move as fast or faster than Surfer. I am saying it could go either way. Surfer wont beat him as easy as you think.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:23 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well Green Lantern has alot of different ways he can take out Surfer also. If I remember right I think he can also absorb energy too and create radiations also. He can do just about anything you mentioned. He can even move as fast or faster than Surfer. I am saying it could go either way. Surfer wont beat him as easy as you think.

Shows me comic’s reference where he absorb energy.

(Radiation, sunlight etc) and SS doesn't have energy.

Move faster than Surfer??? LMAO Hal can't even react near Light speed.

He is a human and reaction is limited to his toughs, while SS moves beyond light speed.

Again where has Gl move faster than light in battle etc. (wormhole, etc doesn't mean he can travel, or react that fast)

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:29 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Thats good stuff. All I am saying is that in the crossover Paralaxx took some of Surfers power and left him weakened then Surfer has to fight Kyle. Surfer in his weakened state flat out said that he cannot overcome such a weapon in his current state. Ok, so why did he not simply drain the Oa energy from Kyles ring at that time knowing that he is not gonna win the fight. It would seem like a logical move to me If I was in that situation.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:13 AM
The Flash
Faster Than You

Originally posted by kgkg
Because SS doesn't suck energy if he doesn’t have to, he rather fight.

And even in a fight he would put Hal down.
lol. A pacifist would rather fight than absorb energy. lol

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 02:32 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by The Flash
lol. A pacifist would rather fight than absorb energy. lol

Yes he is a pacifist that's why he doesn't even want to start a fight, or get into one.

But if he has to fight (which is the case) then he will fight instead of sucking energy, or use cheap shit.

Gladiator, Hulk, Thing etc too many battles he couldn't ended with ease but he didn't use his powers (radiation, energy absorbing, matter manipulation)

But he done it and shown he is well cable of doing so.
- SS can attack at light speed Knocking Hal out.
- SS absorbs energy – Gl ring source of power = energy – SS sucks Oa’s(ring) energy
- SS simply blast with cosmic force knocking Hal out.

Hal is going down hard sad

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 03:02 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

I don't any Lantern can beat SS. Not even Hal.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 03:07 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

An attack at light speed wouldnt knock Hal out. The man has been knocked through planets and got back up. SS may ba able to move at light speeds, but so can Hal. I highly doubt that SS is able to react and think at light speeds as well. Theres only 1 superhero I know could do that, and its Flash.

SS absorbs energy, and so can Hal. Thats pointless. Hal could do everything SS can do. Plus Hal has more experience. But i still say the fight is 50/50.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:03 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JWangSDC

No GL is going to beat SS, no way at all, someone prove to me how he's going to win?

Being extremely lenient with GL's powers, you might say they are ALMOST EVEN powerwise, but even then surfer is just more versatile. GL has a ring, Surfer is the the power cosmic

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:13 AM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote