KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer

GL Hal Jordan vs Silver Surfer
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (81): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jrodslam

SS is the power cosmic? Meaning? Can someone prove to me how SS is going to win? People keep saying SS will win without even explaining why.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:15 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Galactus is the power cosmic. Not Norrin.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:16 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JWangSDC
surfer is just more versatile. GL has a ring
The power ring is way more versatile than the power cosmic that Surfer has.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:21 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

*sigh* People just dont get it. SS and GL have just about the same types abilities. Gl may even be able to do more than Surfer. Hmmm.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:24 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by jrodslam
SS is the power cosmic? Meaning? Can someone prove to me how SS is going to win? People keep saying SS will win without even explaining why.

Why you say?

-light speed (no Hal can’t even react , or move that fast) if he can provide some scans or issue.
-energy absorption (and no gl’s can’t do it, if so show some scans or issue (except there own energy (oa))
- More durable

Now show me where a Gl has fought at light speed? , or absorbed energy (like sun, radiation).

SS wins

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 01:50 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by kgkg
Why you say?

-light speed (no Hal can’t even react , or move that fast) if he can provide some scans or issue.
-energy absorption (and no gl’s can’t do it, if so show some scans or issue (except there own energy (oa))
- More durable

Now show me where a Gl has fought at light speed? , or absorbed energy (like sun, radiation).

SS wins

Hal following a ship through hyperspace. SOL(speed of light) Not a warphole either.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...of_A_211-10.jpg

Halabsorbing solar energy.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/339cbcb0.jpg

Hal controlling and re-directing high-density radiations.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums.../gl63_18_19.jpg

Flash is capable of moving at lightspeeds, but does that mean that he always fights at lightspeeds? No sir. GL is more than capable of moving at light speeds, so i dont see a reasont why he wouldnt be able to fight at lightspeeds.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:33 AM
jrodslam

Hal is more than capable of absorbing SS's powers. The rookie Kyle absorbed the powers of Thanos,SS, and Parallax at the same time. Hal would do it with no problem.

And noone GAVE Kyle the powers. SS needed Kyle to give him all the power. Yes he absorbed it, but coulcnt take it on his own.

Last edited by jrodslam on May 3rd, 2005 at 02:42 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:39 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

jrodslam I am speechless.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:45 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Hal can stop time. Can SS compete with that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s_642_22_GL.jpg

Hal can travel back in time.Can SS compete with that?

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/4213f3c7.jpg

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:01 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Hal following a ship through hyperspace. SOL(speed of light) Not a warphole either.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...of_A_211-10.jpg

Halabsorbing solar energy.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/339cbcb0.jpg

Hal controlling and re-directing high-density radiations.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums.../gl63_18_19.jpg

Flash is capable of moving at lightspeeds, but does that mean that he always fights at lightspeeds? No sir. GL is more than capable of moving at light speeds, so i dont see a reasont why he wouldnt be able to fight at lightspeeds.
Where does it say he went beyond light speed?

It looks like a wormhole or something like teleportation.

He is absorbing the sunlight like plants, Show me somewhere where is absorbed energy from a locked source. (Like hulk, (not sunlight) even human and plants,planet absorbs sunlight to some extent.

- He is redirecting not absorbing the radiation.

Last edited by kgkg on May 3rd, 2005 at 03:07 AM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:03 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Hal can stop time. Can SS compete with that?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...s_642_22_GL.jpg

Hal can travel back in time.Can SS compete with that?

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...n2/4213f3c7.jpg

yes SS went back in time

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:04 AM
jrodslam

kgkg, youre something else. You said that GL cant travel at light speeds,and if so prove it. But when i post up pics, saying that he does, you say that he cant exceed it. Its not a wormhole or teleportation.

You ask to show pics of energy absorption, and i do. Now you want it from a locked source? Kyle absorbed Thanos, Parallax and SS. If that aint enough, i dont know what is.

I never said he was absorbing the radiation. I said controlling and re-directing. Read the post.

Can you post up pics of SS going back in time? Under his own power?
Id like to see some proof. You have yet to show any type of proof that SS can beat Hal. I never said Hal could beat Surfer. I simply stated 50/50.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:15 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

kgkg, youre something else. You said that GL cant travel at light speeds,and if so prove it. But when i post up pics, saying that he does, you say that he cant exceed it. Its not a wormhole or teleportation.

You ask to show pics of energy absorption, and i do. Now you want it from a locked source? Kyle absorbed Thanos, Parallax and SS. If that aint enough, i dont know what is.

I never said he was absorbing the radiation. I said controlling and re-directing. Read the post.

Can you post up pics of SS going back in time? Under his own power?
Id like to see some proof. You have yet to show any type of proof that SS can beat Hal. I never said Hal could beat Surfer. I simply stated 50/50.

I asked you to show proof and you showed me picture that says nothing.

Where does it say he was going at light speed, or beyond it? So he made himself and all his friend travel that fast? Please it's called teleportation. (That scan just shows them arriving at light-years away) that’s the way thor does it.

Have you seen Any Gl fight at light speed? NO

He absorbed Oa energy (there own)

Parallax , and Thanos both had Oa’s energy

He didn't absorb energy like surfer. Surfer can absorb any energy from any source.

You show me a broadcast? Sunlight (plants) lol

Am not saying he can’t do anything you say you haven’t shown he can.

Even if he can in his battle he wasn’t done anything like it.

Has he ever drained other people's energy for a win?
Has he ever fought at light speed?

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:24 AM
jrodslam

Showed you a picture that says nothing? The comic said FTL* Faster than light. Did you read the scans? He can teleport too though.

Gl's dont have to fight at lightspeeds. Why doesnt Surfer always fight at lightspeeds? Explain that.

So youre telling me that Kyle only absorbed Oan's energy from Thanos and Parallax? So therefore he left Thanos with his power still and left Parallax with nothing?

Surfer can absorb any energy from any source? But yet he didnt do it against Kyle Thanos or Hal. Go figure.

Gl doesnt have to drain anyone for a win. He doesnt have to fight at lightspeeds.

Arent you the one who said and i quote "Because SS doesn't suck energy if he doesn’t have to, he rather fight."

Same goes for Hal.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:58 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

[QUOTE=3747896]Originally posted by jrodslam
quote:
Showed you a picture that says nothing? The comic said FTL* Faster than light. Did you read the scans? He can teleport too though.

FTL for the starship damn you should read you own scans.
It says no where that Hal has traveled at beyond light speed.
quote:

Gl's dont have to fight at lightspeeds. Why doesnt Surfer always fight at lightspeeds? Explain that.

Gl's can't fight at light speed. (you haven't shown , i have read many gl comic never seen such a thing.) why doesn't he always fight at light speed , same reason why Superman doesn't always fight near light speed. SS doesn't need to. If he has to then he has fought at light speed. While Hal can't even react let alone fight at light speed.
quote:
So youre telling me that Kyle only absorbed Oan's energy from Thanos and Parallax? So therefore he left Thanos with his power still and left Parallax with nothing?

Did you even read the crossover. What do you think Thanos was using as a source of power ? He stole the Oa'n energy.
quote:

Surfer can absorb any energy from any source? But yet he didnt do it against Kyle Thanos or Hal. Go figure.

He did absorb and control Oa’s(a weak SS did that) same thing kyle couldn't do. The sad thing was it was the OA's energy. He couldn’t suck the energy out of them because he was to weak to do it. Kyle took it from them and fired it at SS who then absorbed it and not only that controlled it.
quote:
Gl doesnt have to drain anyone for a win. He doesnt have to fight at lightspeeds.

He can't that's why.
quote:

Arent you the one who said and i quote "Because SS doesn't suck energy if he doesn’t have to, he rather fight."

That's true he doesn't suck energy he would rather fight then use suck tricks
-Gladiator, hulk, Thing so many opponent he could have won in seconds, yet he fought.

But that doesn't mean he can't win using matter manipulation/energy absorption(after all this is a forum).

Same goes for hal? Where has he ever sucked energy out of someone?

-First you show me a picture. That say the starship was traveling at light speed. Where does it say hal was travel that fast?

Hal can’t travel beyond light speed. If he could the Gl’s wouldn’t have got their ass whipped by doomsday.

-Then you show me solar reception a antenna can do that. That’s not Energy absorption. (By that I mean able to control and energy)

-It’s very simple Hal can’t go beyond light speed (wormhole/tele is different things)
Ss have fought at greater than light speed. He travels beyond that speed all the time.

While the Gl’s can’t even come close to that speed. DD, any of there fight they are fighting at normal speed.

-SS has absorbed Oa’s energy. Hal can’t absorb anything out of SS because he doesn’t have any type of energy. (Well Gl’s can’t absorb energy (except oan’)

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:34 PM
kgkg
Vigilante

There you go.

It shows him absorbing/ controlling oa's energy.

Read above for more info.
If SS was at full power he would have absorbed the energy right out of thanos and Parallax. (He said he couldn't help since he was too weak)

That’s why he say he is recharged (remember that's what SS does he sucks energy as food)

Attachment: ssgl2.jpg
This has been downloaded 192 time(s).

Last edited by kgkg on May 3rd, 2005 at 02:45 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:39 PM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Green Lantern cannot:

Manipulate Matter
Become Intangible
Shapeshift
Create Dimensional rifts
Use Telepathy
Reduce his size to subatomic proportions, while retaining his power.
Think/move/react at greater than light speeds
Destroy a planet with a blast
Travel through the core of a star unharmed

The Silver Surfer can do all of the above, and absorb Oan energy directed at him.

There is a wormhole in that picture jrodslam.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on May 3rd, 2005 at 02:57 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:48 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Green Lantern cannot:

Manipulate Matter
Become Intangible
Shapeshift
Use Telepathy
Think/move/react at greater than light speeds
Destroy a planet with a blast
Travel through the core of a star unharmed

The Silver Surfer can do all of the above, and absorb Oan energy directed at him.

There is a wormhole in that picture jrodslam.

lol I know that faster than light speed is referred to the starship. lol

Then he shows a solar reception as energy absorption/manipulation

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:49 PM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by kgkg
lol I know that faster than light speed is referred to the starship. lol

Then he shows a solar reception as energy absorption/manipulation

So, I guess Superman is an energy manipulator as well. shifty

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 02:55 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

quote:
Green Lantern cannot: Manipulate Matter, Become Intangible, Use Telepathy, Destroy a planet with a blast, Travel through the core of a star unharmed
Fact is a GL (hal jordan) can do everyone of them. They can animate inanimate objects, thats matter manipulation. They can dematerialize there selves, theres intangibility rite there. They could quite easily create a device which allows them telepathic abilities. Hal jordan would'nt find it to difficult to destroy a planet. Traveling through the core of a star? You would need to blast ur way through. No amount of force could get u through one side of a star and out the other. There are no limits to what a GL can do, especialy Hal.

Green Lanterns can travel far beyond light speed even in an atmosphere as heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field. On a side note they can make an energy twin of themselves which can travel much faster than lightspeed but only other ring wielders or guardians can see it.

Gls can also make them selves invisible by bending the light waves around there body. Mind tampering is used to protect themselves from psionic attacks. [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #2, Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn II #2, Green Lantern Vol. 2 #30]

It is also possible for experienced ring wielders to duplicate their power ring which has the exact same power as the original copy but will run out of power in 24hrs. Hal Jordan created a power ring for Tom "Pieface" Kalmaku which later fell into the hands of Hector Hammond. He used the power ring to create a death trap for Green Lantern, but his power ring had run out of power. [Green Lantern Vol. 2 #5]

Now please provide me with some evidence in all the incredible feats of SS. Because so far all i've read is ur opinions on how SS is so much more powerful than Hal, which he isnt.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 03:56 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote