KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Deep Space Nine...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine...
Started by: Raoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
To me that relationship was very good. They had an excellent father/son bonding.

I can try to find out for you.

they did, i thought it was a very nice way of doing things, and bringing worf back into klingon society...

i think its the one where alexander comes from the future to try and make his younger self a warrior, but im not sure...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:35 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

I'm a sucker for Treknology. It was what drew me to the show when I was a kid; that and those huge, beautiful ships.

So I gotta wonder, why didn't Starfleet use the spread function of the phasers more often during the Dominion War? Or, did we just not see that onscreen. I can't remember that many ground engagements.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:07 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Acrosurge
I'm a sucker for Treknology. It was what drew me to the show when I was a kid; that and those huge, beautiful ships.

So I gotta wonder, why didn't Starfleet use the spread function of the phasers more often during the Dominion War? Or, did we just not see that onscreen. I can't remember that many ground engagements.

i play bridge commander and starfleet command 3 alot, so i'm very interested in the ships, their technology and their combat capabilities...

as for the wide beam, its one of many problems that need answering... my best guess would be that a phaser's power-pack only lasts so long, and being wartime they had to conserve ammunition, and if a wide beam blast uses more than a standard beam, then the proper thing to do would be to refrain from using the wide-beam...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Raoul
they did, i thought it was a very nice way of doing things, and bringing worf back into klingon society...

i think its the one where alexander comes from the future to try and make his younger self a warrior, but im not sure...

Thats the ep called Firstborn

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

i play bridge commander and starfleet command 3 alot, so i'm very interested in the ships, their technology and their combat capabilities...

as for the wide beam, its one of many problems that need answering... my best guess would be that a phaser's power-pack only lasts so long, and being wartime they had to conserve ammunition, and if a wide beam blast uses more than a standard beam, then the proper thing to do would be to refrain from using the wide-beam...
This would make sense. The only ground engagement that was on screen (that I remember) was with Starfleet members that were vastly under-equipped and unsupported. It would make sense for them to conserve as much energy as possible.

BC and SC3, huh? Do those games introduce ship classes that aren't present in the show? That never set well with me, for some reason. What do you think?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 11:00 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thats the ep called Firstborn

hmm, yeah, i'll have a look at it later...

This would make sense. The only ground engagement that was on screen (that I remember) was with Starfleet members that were vastly under-equipped and unsupported. It would make sense for them to conserve as much energy as possible.

BC and SC3, huh? Do those games introduce ship classes that aren't present in the show? That never set well with me, for some reason. What do you think?

i love bridge commander, and sfc3, but bridge commander is the better game... while it is true they have all these new ships, you should check out the filefront sites for each one, they have tons of canon ships that werent in the games ready to download...

i got KM 1.0 for BC, which basically just adds a ton of ships and extras... my most trek-like experience so far would be sitting on a galaxy class bridge, the viewscreen filled with static, a borg cube barely visible, and dead officers at my feet, with my trying to get the last bit of energy out of the phaser banks so as not to be killed...

did you watch the siege of ar-558? they were passing around power packs for the rifles, so i assume that means that the rifles charge would run out... and having the rifles set to kill would drain more energy than a stun setting i'll bet...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 11:07 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

hmm, yeah, i'll have a look at it later...

i love bridge commander, and sfc3, but bridge commander is the better game... while it is true they have all these new ships, you should check out the filefront sites for each one, they have tons of canon ships that werent in the games ready to download...

i got KM 1.0 for BC, which basically just adds a ton of ships and extras... my most trek-like experience so far would be sitting on a galaxy class bridge, the viewscreen filled with static, a borg cube barely visible, and dead officers at my feet, with my trying to get the last bit of energy out of the phaser banks so as not to be killed...

did you watch the siege of ar-558? they were passing around power packs for the rifles, so i assume that means that the rifles charge would run out... and having the rifles set to kill would drain more energy than a stun setting i'll bet...
Well, not that those non-canon ships aren't cool, but I must say that I'm preferential to the "real" ones. smile Sovereign Class for me. Akira and Sabre classes are cool too and the Defiant speaks for itself.

During the latter part of the Dominion War, did the Breen's uber, power-nulling weapon ever get an official name?

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 11:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, not that those non-canon ships aren't cool, but I must say that I'm preferential to the "real" ones. smile Sovereign Class for me. Akira and Sabre classes are cool too and the Defiant speaks for itself.

During the latter part of the Dominion War, did the Breen's uber, power-nulling weapon ever get an official name?

i always prefer canon ships, they're just better imo... thats way i rarely ever play against non-canon, i just use jem'hadar or cardassian ships... i like galaxy, defiant or sovereign... i like the old excelsior and miranda class ships too...

they just called it an energy dampening weapon iirc... that was some weapon... the poor defiant...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 11:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Does anyone else like the DS9 eps Duet and Crossover like I do??

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

What happened in those eps? I watched the last couple seasons of Ds9, but I don't know titles that well.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:36 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Duet is the one about the war criminal, which was probably the best episode of series one.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i like all the alternate universe ones, but my favourite would be through the looking glass, or shattered mirror (badass space battle). duet wouldnt be one of my absolute favourite episodes, but it is a very good episode i agree...

What happened in those eps? I watched the last couple seasons of Ds9, but I don't know titles that well.

Duet
Crossover

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:57 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

i like all the alternate universe ones, but my favourite would be through the looking glass, or shattered mirror (badass space battle). duet wouldnt be one of my absolute favourite episodes, but it is a very good episode i agree...

Duet
Crossover
I don't think I've seen either of them. I did see a later episode that took place in the mirror universe. This was the one in which Quark and Rom were smuggling a cloaked cloaking device by hand. laughing out loud

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:31 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't think I've seen either of them. I did see a later episode that took place in the mirror universe. This was the one in which Quark and Rom were smuggling a cloaked cloaking device by hand. laughing out loud

the emperor's new cloak... i love that... laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:35 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Duet is the one about the war criminal, which was probably the best episode of series one.

QFT

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 07:08 PM
BetrayedUnicorn
...its science,dear

this is just my opinion, but I was never and still am not a big fan of DSN.I just cannot seem to get into it the same way I have gotten into all the other series.I guess I just dont enjoy the characters.

-have a nice day

-Saint Nicholas-

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 08:37 PM
BetrayedUnicorn is currently offline Click here to Send BetrayedUnicorn a Private Message Find more posts by BetrayedUnicorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Not even Morn?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 09:14 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by FlappingMangera
Not even Morn?

Mourn was a cool character

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 09:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

and such a chatty fellow...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 02:14 AM
starlock
Team Authority

DS9 is my second favorite trek series, its great that so many of the shows were good,be it the original or even the newest...Enterprise
when i see posters who think one is better than the other, i think that is actually a very good sign smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 12:05 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote