KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Why I Don't Want To See "Indy IV"

Why I Don't Want To See "Indy IV"
Started by: Ahnold

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well its like half a bullet through the heart.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 15th, 2009 08:43 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Leaves half a heart.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 07:25 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

With massive tissue loss and loss of pressure.

That heart is f***ed.

But its still more heart than Indy IV has.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2009 10:56 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 01:07 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

A true corpse on the table of a movie that made Alex Murphy's physical condition after he first meets Boddicker look healthy.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 03:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Who?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 06:14 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

See "Robocop" for details.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2009 11:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

Ah right.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2009 05:06 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Can you flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Bobby.....?" stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 07:32 PM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 10:27 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

"Does it hurt...? Does it hurrrrrrrrrrrt...?"

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 19th, 2009 10:49 PM
queeq
Chaos

I don't know it that well. I'm still not too sure about that movie.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 07:44 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The director's cut DVD is awesome.

Still one of my favorite movies of all time.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 10:41 PM
queeq
Chaos

Really? I still have troubles with Verhoeven's films, even though we're from the same country. Robocop being one of the better ones though.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 10:42 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

What irks you about his stuff?

And was Total Recall not a fave of yours also, then...?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2009 10:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

TR sucked balls the size of Mars, in my humble but appropriate opinion.

Well, I have two films I like: Soldier of Orange and Robocop. In general I find his films rather clumsy and in-your-face, no film goes by with a usually inappropriate amount of ****, sex, shit, violence and whatever, all based on some misconstrued idea of realism. Plus he doesn't know how to pace himself. Total Recall has a great concept, I'm an avid fan of Philip K. Dick and the short story is great. I think they turned the film into an action flick and suffers from many quite boring fights. It's like you have a commercial breakevery five minutes: five minutes of story, five minutes of fighting, five minutes of story, five minutes of fighting. That bothers the hell out of me. I had exactly the same problem with Basic Instinct - too many, too long boring sex scenes. They're all the same and it slows the story down. Sometimes his fixation seems to be on the sex/shit/violence scenes and not so much on the story. And again, that bothers the hell out of me.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 12:11 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Dont get me wrong, Im only talking about Robocop and Total Recall specifically, (not commenting on his other stuff so much)

Robocop's pacing was perfect. Never missed a beat.
There wasnt really any sex in it, either. And its the classic it is because it had a very strong human story along with the violence imho.

The three tittied mutant in the bar was about the only sexual thing in Total Recall, beyond innuendo/verbal references.

True though about Basic Instinct. I never really considered it to be his best works. Stuff like Fatal Attraction which preceeded it was better.

I am yet to read "Wholesale" and thusly Im not (at present) irritated by discrepacies /inconsinstancies in relation to it.

Boring fights..?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2009 04:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, they were boring. Just emptying a couple of guns and shooting everything to pieces is fun the first time, but every fight in TR was about the same. My comparison is that TR had a lot of boring fights, BI had a lot of boring sex scenes. the first one's nice but after that they're all the same. Take most of them out, the film gets shorter and prolly better.

And there are no discepancies in Wholesale...don't get me wrong. Whole sale tells about the first half hour of Total Recall. It's a short story. Much the same as Minority Report is less than the first hour from the film. But there they added a good continuum with censoring of the precog's mother's murder and the precog orgins. That bit was very much in the spirit of Dick and made full very good film. In TR it's like the idea's there, but it gets covered by a lot of guns that it becomes a basic chase movie. And that doesn't do credit to the world of paranoia that Dick created in all his work IMHO.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 07:45 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh that was interesting...
I didnt know they'd bolted on so much in TR.

At least it wasn't butchered as badly as what happened to Stephen King/Richard Bachman's "The Running Man".

The paranoia part got all shifted up into the film version of "A scanner Darkly" though, eh..?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 06:12 PM
queeq
Chaos

Which was following very closely to the book, but by doing it too closely they just didn't get it very well IMHO. It's one of Dick's best novels, but not the best film.

The best ones by far are Blade Runner and Minority Report.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 09:49 PM