KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » I love Spiderman, but the movies suck

I love Spiderman, but the movies suck
Started by: jcvaldez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You people....i don't know.....

Come on Neo, it doesnt take a genius to see that Star Wars is terribly over rated.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 02:46 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Come on Neo, it doesnt take a genius to see that Star Wars is terribly over rated.

I know! Episode IV may have been the first, but I still thought the pacing was horrible, and the dialogue was stiff.
Episode V was incredible.
Episode VI was fair, but the Ewoks ruined a large portion of the film for me.
Episode I was terrible.
Episode II was even worse.
Episode III was really good, despite the disappointing General Grievous, some corny dialogue('killing younglings!'), and Christensen's awful acting. But besides those issues, I enjoyed it a lot.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:00 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Actually, its not.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:09 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

We're all allowed our own opinion...MM thinks it's overracted as does TK, NDH doesn't think it is...lets leave it at that

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:11 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Agreed.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:17 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

I saw Iron Man last night and it was AWESOME!

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:13 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by jcvaldez
I saw Iron Man last night and it was AWESOME!

Wow, talk about off topic..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:16 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jcvaldez

Wow, talk about off topic..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's the best comic book movie to date!

Honestly I think the Spiderman movies were ok, like on scale of 1 - 10 i would give it a 3. I would watch it if they gave on tv if there was nothing else better. In my opinion the movies could have been much better though. I sick to what I said before. I do hope that if another Spiderman movie will be made, I hope Sam Raimi is far away from it as possible.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:58 PM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

It's the best comic book movie to date!

Honestly I think the Spiderman movies were ok, like on scale of 1 - 10 i would give it a 3. I would watch it if they gave on tv if there was nothing else better. In my opinion the movies could have been much better though. I sick to what I said before. I do hope that if another Spiderman movie will be made, I hope Sam Raimi is far away from it as possible.

Iron Man was amazing indeed.

I could care less about Raimi's involvement in a future Spiderman installment. In fact, I would prefer he wasnt involved. The chance of getting a Venom return greatly increases if we get a new director.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 05:18 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Rami's Venom was bad....just bad.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 05:24 PM
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Rami's Venom was bad....just bad.

What was wrong with Rami's Venom?

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 06:02 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I didnt personally see anything wrong with Raimi's Venom itself. But the amount of screentime he had was atrocious. We're talking about of one of Spidey's most dangerous villains here and he only gets like, a 10 minute fight?! And then he's gone?! I really enjoyed his design, but Raimi's hate for Venom was evident throughout his screentime.

Raimi played favorites with the characters. He already admitted that he was a huge Sandman fan. I wonder who the only villain is to survive in a Spiderman movie so far....SANDMAN! The mother ****ing SANDMAN!!

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:09 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Honestly I think the Spiderman movies were ok, like on scale of 1 - 10 i would give it a 3.

WHA?!?!?!?!?! I'd give it a freakin' 11!

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:20 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I didnt personally see anything wrong with Raimi's Venom itself. But the amount of screentime he had was atrocious. We're talking about of one of Spidey's most dangerous villains here and he only gets like, a 10 minute fight?! And then he's gone?! I really enjoyed his design, but Raimi's hate for Venom was evident throughout his screentime.

Raimi played favorites with the characters. He already admitted that he was a huge Sandman fan. I wonder who the only villain is to survive in a Spiderman movie so far....SANDMAN! The mother ****ing SANDMAN!!

Sandman's awesome, though, and there is virtually no way to kill him anyways. What I thought was nuts was that Pete didn't try to catch the dude at the end. Spider-Man in the comics always believed that even if you turned good at the end(which could or could not have been true), there are crimes to pay for.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:22 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Toku King
Sandman's awesome, though, and there is virtually no way to kill him anyways. What I thought was nuts was that Pete didn't try to catch the dude at the end. Spider-Man in the comics always believed that even if you turned good at the end(which could or could not have been true), there are crimes to pay for.

The point here, is it's obvious that Raimi played favorites with Sandman. There still could have been a conclusive victory over Sandman, just like the concrete one in Spectacular Spiderman.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:42 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

*cough* Venom killed him in the comics *cough*

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:58 PM
steverules
The doctor

He didn't kill him...Sandman just started to fall apart but then was able heal himself via a beach

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:06 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

How typical.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:19 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

How typical.

He's Sandman. Sand doesn't just disintegrate.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:32 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

He can fall apart.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:35 PM