KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Favorite Star Trek series villain

Favorite Star Trek series villain
Started by: Neo Darkhalen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

there have been a few species in it that were great that probably couldn't be considered enemies...cant remember the name of the episode but it was the next generation...they came across a planet when everything had been wiped out except 1 house and garden...when the enterprise begin to investigate they keep getting attacked by a ship that appears out of nowhere...turns out the being on the planet was some kind of uber omnipotent god type species who had tried to give up his powers when he married a woman on the planet...the planet had started to get attacked by the same ships attacking the enterprise (although at some point in the past) and the beings wife was killed trying to fight...he then recreated her and their home on the destroyed planet and eliminated the entire species that attacked his planet with a single thought...billions of them in a thought...

as for other proper bad guys...the borg and species 8472...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 1st, 2008 03:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
there have been a few species in it that were great that probably couldn't be considered enemies...cant remember the name of the episode but it was the next generation...they came across a planet when everything had been wiped out except 1 house and garden...when the enterprise begin to investigate they keep getting attacked by a ship that appears out of nowhere...turns out the being on the planet was some kind of uber omnipotent god type species who had tried to give up his powers when he married a woman on the planet...the planet had started to get attacked by the same ships attacking the enterprise (although at some point in the past) and the beings wife was killed trying to fight...he then recreated her and their home on the destroyed planet and eliminated the entire species that attacked his planet with a single thought...billions of them in a thought...

as for other proper bad guys...the borg and species 8472...

he was a duowd, or something spelled similar, and the ship that had attacked was a husnok ship, iirc...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 1st, 2008 04:05 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

There's no contest here for me. The Borg are hands-down the best villains in the ST franchise, and the Borg Queen is among the spookiest arch-villains in the same.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 1st, 2008 06:11 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raoul
he was a duowd, or something spelled similar, and the ship that had attacked was a husnok ship, iirc...

what episode and series was it?...if you dont mind my asking and if you know

and also...what episode and series was the dyson's sphere featured in....cause i've always wanted to watch those 2 episodes again

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:40 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

what episode and series was it?...if you dont mind my asking and if you know

and also...what episode and series was the dyson's sphere featured in....cause i've always wanted to watch those 2 episodes again

the first one was called 'the survivors' and is the third episode of season 3, the dyson sphere is in 'relics' and thats the 4th episode of season 6...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Acrosurge
There's no contest here for me. The Borg are hands-down the best villains in the ST franchise, and the Borg Queen is among the spookiest arch-villains in the same.

TBT

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

the first one was called 'the survivors' and is the third episode of season 3, the dyson sphere is in 'relics' and thats the 4th episode of season 6...

cheers...i looked up the dyson's sphere for the other thread...will need to check them out again

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

cheers...i looked up the dyson's sphere for the other thread...will need to check them out again

the dyson sphere ep also had scotty, so its the business...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:58 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Acrosurge

Loved the Borg
Hated the Queen. It gave them a face which defeated a lot of what made the Borg cool to me.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:09 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Loved the Borg
Hated the Queen. It gave them a face which defeated a lot of what made the Borg cool to me.

i agreed when i first heard of what they were doing... but after reading some of the interviews carried out, i agree that it was going to be very hard to do the story the way they wanted to without giving the borg a central figure...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:16 PM
Squirrel Fart

Borg and Klingons. Species 8472 was a cool foe for the Borg.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:31 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

i agreed when i first heard of what they were doing... but after reading some of the interviews carried out, i agree that it was going to be very hard to do the story the way they wanted to without giving the borg a central figure...

A parasite always has a master parasite or queen or leader to guide the others, how else would they survive, they follow orders, look at head crabs, symbiotes, flood and borgs, all follow a master because that is there way, they attach and change other creatures to be like them, to give them a body, but they still need a figure to guide them.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 10:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by starlock
I guess its the borg....although i think i like Q just as much no expression

quote:
Did you know they tied Q into the original series? it was a novel...i am having a hard time remembering........when i do or if someone else remembers. i will post it

Starlock, are you referring to the Metrons?

quote:
data's evil twin... he was awesome...

Yes he was. Great seeing Brent Spiner play doubles and triples

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 7th, 2008 10:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Worf, and I'll tell you why.

Picard: Worf, lock on all phasers and FIRE!

Worf: Honour, duty, glory, honour, honour, honour

Riker: Data, what do you make of it?

Data: It's a berilyium sphere with a density of 9.993 gigahertz

Riker: Worf, did our phasers have any effect?

Worf: HONOUR! Die in Battle, honour, honour, honour, duty.

Picard: Ensign Crusher, reverse course, warp 7, engage!

Geordi, over the comm from engineering: Captain, we have intruders that seem to have beamed directly to engineering from the enemy vessel

Picard: Worf, get down there with a security team!

Worf: Honour, duty, glory honour, honour, honour.

I bought the dvd set of the whole TNG series, and I have yet to watch a single episode that centers around Worf or any of that Klingon infighting drama. I love Star Trek, but my stomach turns when I hear Worf speak, or any Klingon for that matter. You could literally cut and paste dialouge from any Klingon story line into another Klingon story arc and the change would be bearly noticeable.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 12th, 2008 09:15 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
A parasite always has a master parasite or queen or leader to guide the others, how else would they survive, they follow orders, look at head crabs, symbiotes, flood and borgs, all follow a master because that is there way, they attach and change other creatures to be like them, to give them a body, but they still need a figure to guide them.

yeah, exactly...

Originally posted by Devil King
Worf, and I'll tell you why.

Picard: Worf, lock on all phasers and FIRE!

Worf: Honour, duty, glory, honour, honour, honour

Riker: Data, what do you make of it?

Data: It's a berilyium sphere with a density of 9.993 gigahertz

Riker: Worf, did our phasers have any effect?

Worf: HONOUR! Die in Battle, honour, honour, honour, duty.

Picard: Ensign Crusher, reverse course, warp 7, engage!

Geordi, over the comm from engineering: Captain, we have intruders that seem to have beamed directly to engineering from the enemy vessel

Picard: Worf, get down there with a security team!

Worf: Honour, duty, glory honour, honour, honour.

I bought the dvd set of the whole TNG series, and I have yet to watch a single episode that centers around Worf or any of that Klingon infighting drama. I love Star Trek, but my stomach turns when I hear Worf speak, or any Klingon for that matter. You could literally cut and paste dialouge from any Klingon story line into another Klingon story arc and the change would be bearly noticeable.

laughing

they have a small vocabulary, because they're either drunk, or like worf, incredibly repressed... they don't have to engage in complicated idle conversation if they're hammered, or again like worf, too repressed to form a fun sentence...

worf has some great one liners though...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 19th, 2008 07:54 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Gul Dukat. IMO, the best villain in Star Trek History. No other villain was as complex or deep.

Old Post May 19th, 2008 08:41 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Gul Dukat. IMO, the best villain in Star Trek History. No other villain was as complex or deep.

i thought winn was a very good villain too... weyoun as well, him and dukat as a double act were great imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on May 19th, 2008 at 09:10 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2008 09:02 AM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

For persons, I pick that goofy looking kid with the powers, Charlie Evans. Immaturity mixed with crazy powers is some volatility right there. There are a lot to choose from but that's just one of my picks.

For races, I choose Borg. They were an enemy that inspired hopelessness. They were super organized, their ships could run on their rims and were still to be feared, and how are you supposed to out think and out strategize billions of minds? Game over, man, game over.

I say it in the past tense because later it seemed to be more of out foxing the queen and the drones were just a bunch of dodos that couldn't get up if you pushed them on their back.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen

One of the things that got me back when I was younger was that they had no leader. It was like one cybernetic organism that spanned galaxies.

Old Post May 19th, 2008 09:34 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

they have a small vocabulary, because they're either drunk, or like worf, incredibly repressed... they don't have to engage in complicated idle conversation if they're hammered, or again like worf, too repressed to form a fun sentence...

worf has some great one liners though...

Klingons might have a small vocabulary, but how about consideration of the viewing audience? I can't be alone in huffing everytime a klingon epidose comes up on the menu. It's the same huffing I did while watching the needlessly consistent slow=mo shots in 300. I wanted a refund 20 minutes into that movie. I just have to seriously wonder what is going on in the minds of guys who go to conventions dressed as klingons or actually learn to speak the language. I feel sorry for them. But, I also hated the movie Braveheart, so...

He does have some good one liners. I just watched Qpid and I thought it was great when he smashed Gerodi's lyre and then apologized for doing it.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 21st, 2008 03:03 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

i thought winn was a very good villain too... weyoun as well, him and dukat as a double act were great imo...
QFT. The Kai was so political you just wanted to wring her neck! And her jealousy of Sisko as the Emissary was interesting (as it constantly threatened her political power) and it was especially cool when she was pushed to seek Sisko's help because of the Dominion war.

And Weyoun... he's just awesome. So slimy, slick, intelligent, and yet you can't kill the guy because he's either prepared for it politically or he'll just be replaced by another clone.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 21st, 2008 02:51 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote