KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Favorite captain

Favorite Captain
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Captain James Tiberius Kirk 15 37.50%
Captain Jean-Luc Picard 16 40.00%
Captain Benjamin Sisko 4 10.00%
Captain Kathryn Janeway 3 7.50%
Captain Jonathan Archer 2 5.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite captain
Started by: Neo Darkhalen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
grow up.
He actually posted in a few threads with the same result....auto fail.

Anyway, Kirk is my fav.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 01:31 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Picard

the rest are all equal in my eyes...I do like Janeway...

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 03:42 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

Picard and Kird are pretty close for me..

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 06:34 PM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Picard and Kird are pretty close for me..

Who is Kird? confused

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 06:37 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tdazz
God

Picard, then Kirk. The rest don't even compare to these two.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 07:59 PM
tdazz is currently offline Click here to Send tdazz a Private Message Find more posts by tdazz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I choose Kirk as well.

Picard seems too damn snooty at times. For instance I noticed that when Kirks snaps at a member of his crew, he is man enough to apoligize. On TNG Wesley was trying to warn Picard it was Lore NOT Data and Picard shouts "SHUT UP WESLEY!" I dont recall Picard apoligizing.

As well Kirk always or most of the time beams down to investagate to see whats going on which planet and there have been times when Kirk has put the safety of his crew before himself. I noticed on TNG(could be me)that it's usually Riker, Data, Worf and La Forge that's putting themeselves at risk while Picard is sitting in his lounge chair.

Thats how I see it.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2008 09:58 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by P-Geyser
As well Kirk always or most of the time beams down to investagate to see whats going on which planet and there have been times when Kirk has put the safety of his crew before himself. I noticed on TNG(could be me)that it's usually Riker, Data, Worf and La Forge that's putting themeselves at risk while Picard is sitting in his lounge chair.

Thats how I see it.

That's because it's dumb to risk the life of the most senior officer on an away mission where anything could happen. In fact it was covered quite a few times on Next Gen that that was Starfleet's official stance on the matter.

And he did apologise to Wesley.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 12:00 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Did he now?...I need to see that episode again to be sure. So it would seem it was just covered not to have the senior officer risking his life in TNG. I guess in the original series it was not like that at all.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 02:01 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Yeah, I think it was implemented between the two series.

Archer went on almost all the away missions as well ... he and Enterprise were pretty under rated.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 15th, 2008 03:55 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimaKuja
Kuja>Sephiroth Nuff Said

Oh come on.

Janeway - Owned the Borg.
Brought vital technology back from the delta quadrant/future.
IMO had some of the best missions. (Time related missions)
All flaws about the captains decisions lay solely with the directors.

Kirk - Just awesome. Nothing more needs to be said.

Sisko - Sisko + Defiant = ownage.
Nice amount of battles. Phasers and torpedoes firing = instant win.

Picard - Diplomacy nerd. x_x
Ugly ship. Ent-D.
Only really owned as a captain once he got command of the Ent-E. IMO

Well that's my opinions anyway.

AquaXKuja - Match made in heaven?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 09:15 AM
UltimaKuja is currently offline Click here to Send UltimaKuja a Private Message Find more posts by UltimaKuja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayJohn85

Really liked archer and really liked enterprise too, real pity the fans didnt. Though I must admit my views could be biased on the fact of the actor who was in quantum leap one of my favourite sci fi shows.

"Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says "Why so serious?" Comes at me with the knife,"Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth. "Let’s put a smile on that face!" And... Why so serious?"

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 12:35 AM
JayJohn85 is currently offline Click here to Send JayJohn85 a Private Message Find more posts by JayJohn85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I voted for Kirk, the character is a legend and beats the others hands down. He would jump into a volcano if it meant he could save someone and he always puts his crew first.

Second I would go for Sisko, he's strong, resilient but more than that he is one of the most devious characters in Star Trek. He manipulates the enemy better than any captain/commander out there.

Janeway is next but to me she seems so tied to Starfleet regulations that the entire series of Voyager seems implausible sometimes. She adheres to the rules of planets even if her own crew is in danger which is strange.

I only liked the Picard character in First Contact, not so much in TNG.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 10:52 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote