KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Sukiyaki Western Django!

Sukiyaki Western Django!
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Sukiyaki Western Django!

If you're a fan of the original Sergio Corbucci's Django.

No way you'll miss this one. Here is the trailer:

Takashi is a genious!

Oh, and if you're wondering...yup that's him! He plays Ringo. cool

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 02:43 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Big_Daddy2
Hidden Leaf Ninja

They removed the trailer from youtube guy.

Here's a link where the trailers being hosted.

Sukiyaki Western Django

I laughed when I saw this, I think it'll be rather enjoyable. I like the idea of samurai gunslingers heh.

"Below courage there's nothing"
"I will never let my comrades die"

Old Post Aug 17th, 2008 03:49 AM
Big_Daddy2 is currently offline Click here to Send Big_Daddy2 a Private Message Find more posts by Big_Daddy2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Hmm..the film is suppose to be release here in the states...but I haven't found any showings in my local theaters. It's gotten some good reviews so far. My gosh this movie is a must see!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 09:02 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks quite terrible... and Tarantino looks a joke in it. Don't know if it's suppose to be that way...

Will see how it turns out.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 10:29 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kunglu

I saw it last weekend here in NYC and loved it. (you can get it on dvd already too) There are so many references to all the classic spaghetti westerns, and the broken english just adds to the fun. Tarantino does nothing for the film, I don't like his accent but he doesn't ruin the film. If you like spaghetti westerns or Takeshi Miike Don't miss it!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 09:21 PM
kunglu is currently offline Click here to Send kunglu a Private Message Find more posts by kunglu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah the dvd has been out since something like February in some countries. Apparently 25 minutes has been taken off the International cinema releases outside of the Japan release?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 10:41 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Finally got a chance to see this film.

I would say that it work for me but didn't really deliver that momentum. I love how Takashii paid homage to the original Django but certains parts felt rather long.

I still give him credit for combine two genres into one movie and delivering very cool gun fighting scenes....Samurais meet Cowboys in an alternate timeline. Nicely done but nothing explosive as far as story.

Remains a film to be seen.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 06:20 PM
Mutough

Watched it a few days ago. Disappointing, but still damned good. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought it had a bit too much story... And I NEVER say that.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2009 10:40 PM
Mutough is currently offline Click here to Send Mutough a Private Message Find more posts by Mutough Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faradayslaw

I liked it. I thought the Japanese speaking English added a certain kind of charm to the movie. Some good action too....

Old Post Mar 21st, 2009 02:18 AM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

This movie is utterly terrible. If you love good ol' fashioned Italian Westerns, stay away from this movie. Firstly, all the guys who were "bad-asses" looked like hermaphrodite j-rockers. The dialogue was terrible, droning and pointless. There were many unnecessary scenes (movie was WAY too long, I think he wanted to make an epic like The Good, The Bad and the Ugly). The acting was forced, one-dimensional and unconvincing. Tarantino's cameo was so ridiculous that it wasn’t even laughable. Mike bit off way more than he could chew while trying to make a homage to a whole slew of Spaghetti Westerns (with references to, among many, Fist full of Dollars, Once Upon a Time in the West, Django) he succeeded in sloppily smashing them all in together and creating a disgrace. I know that he was trying to make this western his own, which he did... but what he created – though original - wasn’t good.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Last edited by Blinky on Oct 6th, 2009 at 03:57 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 03:47 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

The Good, The Bad , The Weird is much better.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 04:57 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oo yes, adore that film.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2009 05:04 PM