KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » MR Officially Leaving

MR Officially Leaving
Started by: hermione7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

MR Officially Leaving

And Doomsday its coming

The network has announced two new characters that will be joining the cast of Smallville next season: the legendary, unstoppable Doomsday, and a female antagonist who will challenge Clark in ways never before imagined. Casting is underway for both roles.

Doomsday: In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on “Smallville” for the first time. As comic book fans know, Doomsday is notorious for being the only character in the DC Comics universe to have killed Superman.

Female villain: Doomsday won’t be Clark’s only nemesis in the upcoming season. The executive producers are tight-lipped about a new female villain they will be introducing, but they can say she will be familiar to many fans and will set her sights on Clark in ways Lex never could. Intelligent, brilliantly manipulative, and dangerously sinister, our gorgeous new villain has one more weapon in her arsenal: Her mutual attraction with Clark may prove to be as deadly as kryptonite for him.

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 03:38 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: MR Officially Leaving

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hermione7
And Doomsday its coming

The network has announced two new characters that will be joining the cast of Smallville next season: the legendary, unstoppable Doomsday, and a female antagonist who will challenge Clark in ways never before imagined. Casting is underway for both roles.

Doomsday: In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on “Smallville” for the first time. As comic book fans know, Doomsday is notorious for being the only character in the DC Comics universe to have killed Superman.

Female villain: Doomsday won’t be Clark’s only nemesis in the upcoming season. The executive producers are tight-lipped about a new female villain they will be introducing, but they can say she will be familiar to many fans and will set her sights on Clark in ways Lex never could. Intelligent, brilliantly manipulative, and dangerously sinister, our gorgeous new villain has one more weapon in her arsenal: Her mutual attraction with Clark may prove to be as deadly as kryptonite for him.

I hope they get some sort of bodybuilder to portray Doomsday. I also wish they get a hot actress for the female villain

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 10:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

First off, who's MR?

Also, Doomsday! God, clark is going to get his ass kicked in ways like never before! I remember seeing Doomsday kick the living shit out of superman in comics and movies and shows. God, this will be epic!

PWNT

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 12:51 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^ah sorry bout that.. Michael Rosenbaum..lex

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 04:17 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

no expression is this actually ture thoughno expression...I have ben waiting for this for 7 yearslaughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 09:31 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

doomsday, he's cool

--------------------------

In news that we regret to share, it seems that Michael Rosenbaum's 7-year run as Lex Luthor on Smallville will be coming to an end.

Smallville Executive Producers Darren Swimmer, Todd Slavkin, Kelly Souders and Brian Peterson; The CW Network; and Warner Bros. Television have released a joint statement regarding Michael Rosenbaum’s departure from the show:

“It has been an honor and pleasure to work with Michael for the past seven seasons. He is one of the best actors on television and has never failed to bring a new layer to the character of Lex Luthor in every episode. While Michael won’t be a series regular and we won’t have the pleasure of working with him on a weekly basis this fall, we like to think that we haven’t seen the last of Lex Luthor. Stay tuned."

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 12:35 PM
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Uh..Livewire? That's the only female villain I can think of. Says she manipulative though. No idea.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 02:49 PM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

Cat Woman?...Posion Ivy ?laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 06:14 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Wow doomsday I hope they devote a whole episode to that fight and don't just have a 5 minute fight with a few punches here and there and then whip out the plot device for a win. Will he be CGI or some guy in a suit?

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 11:14 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

he's already facing doomsday, the guy doesn't even know how to fly yet, and he is gonna take on one of the toughest opponents he's ever faced, next thing you know they will bring in Bruce Wayne.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 01:23 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Since when is this news. We've all known that MR was leaving since the end of season 6. I'm gonna miss his character. He's become the only reason I watch the show. Now that he's gone I don't think I will much longer.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 02:17 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

here's the link with the villain news

http://www.kryptonsite.com/byelex.htm

Old Post May 4th, 2008 04:20 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I hope they get some sort of bodybuilder to portray Doomsday. I also wish they get a hot actress for the female villain
You would. I'm tired of freaking wrestelers and body builders, just bring me a freaking monster, and call it a day. I will agree withy ou the female part htough, if it's who I'm thinking of, then she needs to be sttractive (but al Smallville does is hire supermodels, so no worries).

Old Post May 5th, 2008 01:38 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

^ah sorry bout that.. Michael Rosenbaum..lex
No worries. I should have realized. I knew he was leaving.

This bites. He's the best character in the show. sad

PWNT

Old Post May 8th, 2008 01:47 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It also appears that Allison Mack is also on her way out too.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 8th, 2008 06:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

yah lana lex out

Allison i think is still on negotiations with the producers

Old Post May 9th, 2008 05:15 AM
Amazon

yah lana lex out

Allison i think is still on negotiations with the producers

I think you might have that backwards. AM is defanitley out, I think Lana is still in negotiations.

I really really hope lana is not renewed for another season. I dont' think I could take season 8 if Lana was in it.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 05:59 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

^really allison.. out..agree on the lana thing.. gotta suck if she's in there again

guess well all hopes for clois season! yay!

Old Post May 9th, 2008 03:49 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
It also appears that Allison Mack is also on her way out too.
That sucks beyond comprehention. I almost liked her just as much as Lex. There goes the two best people on this show. sad

PWNT

Old Post May 10th, 2008 12:46 AM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Question: I read your story about Allison Mack possibly not re-signing for Smallville next season. What's the latest? — Marta

Ausiello: Talks are still at a stand-still. That's the bad news. The good news is that production doesn't resume until July, so the situation isn’t all that dire… yet. One Smallville insider speculates that Mack may ultimately take a page from co-star Kristin Kreuk's book and return for only a handful of episodes. It's not ideal, but it certainly beats the alternative: no Chloe at all. BTW, many of you have written in asking whether you should read anything into the fact the CW, in its upfront press release yesterday, left Mack's name off the Smallville's cast list, and the answer is, well, let's ask the CW: "We are in talks with her," responds a network rep. "Hopefully she will return next season." This just in: It's up to $106! I'm gaining on Catherine Bell! I may actually have a shot at winning this thing. Keep bidding, people! This is one of those rare opportunities to raise money for something you really believe in (relief for families suffering from neurofibromatosis) and support a worthwhile charity (my ego).

Question: Any additional info on the casting of Doomsday or the new female villain on Smallville? — Eric
Ausiello: As luck would have it, the official casting breakdowns went out last week, and here are the highlights:

Doomsday
• He's in his mid-20s.
• He works as a bartender at the hip new Metropolis lounge Ace of Clubs (get it?).
• He plays down his smoldering good looks with a self-effacing wit and down-to-earth soulfulness. But he has long felt like an outsider (hence his nickname). And beneath his charismatic, easy-going demeanor lies a brooding sense of isolation and insecurity. When he begins to delve into the haunting mysteries of his true origins, a darker truth begins to emerge, one of blood and serial murders, one of survival and utter destruction — one in which he is forced to confront the true evil inside of him."

Tess
• Drop-dead gorgeous (duh)
• Roughly 28 years old
• She's determined, sexy, vengeful and has super-strength.
• "While Lex is away, she is in control of his estate and rules it with aggression. She's had intellect and the confidence all her life, though it's obvious she's had some training from Lex as well. But as much as Lex has helped fortify her power, he is also her biggest weakness. She harbors an undying devotion to Lex, claiming he saved her life a few years ago. She carries out his wishes with coercion, force, seduction — anything to get what she wants. And no one can resist her beguiling ways. Even Clark Kent. She doesn't remember anything before the day she met Lex. Once she realizes her previous life is buried below the surface, she's desperate to dig it up."

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:50 AM